Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93963 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 5/26- A'Sharad Hett
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Hmmm ok that makes sense, But, Hett is only 5.1 glactic standard years older than  Anakin so this could be Sharad and you could use a tusken child as a'sharad.

I researched the DOB's of the 2 characters. So by process of logic, we can determine that when Hett left to train he was 15 and kiadi trained him for roughly a year, and during this year he fought aurra sing( im getting all of this from the wiki) becuase he had to fight her before the battle of Naboo.

Then at the end of that year anakin was in the battle of Naboo, Hett(15-16 years) is now an apprentice of Dark woman and anakin(11year) is apprentice of Obi-Wan.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Brent trying to follow EU is definitely tough.  But it doesn't have to be perfect, I always have a hard time (but fun too) trying to work that stuff into the Rykrof series.

Your custom is awesome.  Simple but at the same time it doesn't need to be overly complex.  I like the use of the VSTC Tusken robes for him, looks perfect!

:)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2006, 07:54 PM »
That kicks ass.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2006, 11:38 PM »
nice work brent. a great mix of parts, the figure looks great. personally i like seeing original versions of charecters that peopl create, eu based or not it's a great custom!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Promised another update, so here is a couple more figures I finished up tonight.

First up is Diva Shaliqua (or at least an fan-fic version of her):

Recipe:

Head - Sly Moore
Hair - Rystall
Torso/Arms - POTF Slave Leia
Legs - ROTS Aalya Secura
Jacket - Elisabeth Swan (Pirates of the Caribbean)

I may have to rework the neck as it may be a bit too stubby.  The Sly Moore face isn't as pretty as I would like for her but it was a decent head that was readily available in my custom fodder kit.

Next up a Weequay from Gardulla's court.  I haven't decided on his job just yet.  Probably will be the head of Security.

Recipe
Head - Sora Bulq
Body - Saga2 Garindian
Robel - Ketwol

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 01:42 AM by BrentS »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Cool customs, Brent!  I like the weequay quite a lot, very cool.

Diva is nice, too, but I don't like the use of the creepy, zombie-like Sly Moore head.  She gives me the willies (and her skin tone doesn't quite match her body.)

Still, the rest is a very clever use of parts.  Just give her a prettier head, man! 

Nice work all around!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
That has to be the coolest Weequay I've seen ever. I just love the look of Sora's hair shaved off, he looks alot meaner. I guess it's a sure sign that the Tatooine wave's hitting when you use one in a custom, lol. The robe looks really natural on the body and really complements an already great custom.

The Diva looks cool to, but as a minor critique, the face paint doesn't matc hthe body paint...just a small observation.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
You guys are probably right on Diva.  I do the best I can with my "disability"  ;)  What color tones do I need to add to make them match more.  I'm also contemplating another head swap for her.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
The face tone is more of a sickly green while the body is a bright fleshtone. Man, it must suck to be a colorblind customizer. Bet it's hard.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Man, it must suck to be a colorblind customizer. Bet it's hard.

Amen, Brother!

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
Very cool stuff in here.

Shrumpel Thichna is one of my favorites.  I love the use of the Clown head...the scale really gives this character an alien appearance, and your paint really brings the whole thing together.  A great design that you have made work extremely well. 

The Jedi Council chamber is an impressive diorama...it looks beautiful.  The paint is clean and consistent, the colors look and feel right, and the whole production is very authentic. 

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
nice weequay, he looks tough like a head of security should, the dancer needs painted up all over to match the skin tone. I sent you a PM.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Diva Shaliqua - I'd say try and repaint all of her skin and face, so it's all one consistent color.  Everything else about this is just spectacular.  Wonderful use of parts!  She looks like a hard body with ugly face.  Just the kind of woman who could kick a guy's ass.

Weequay - That's probably the meanest looking Weequay I've seen anyone make.  Just a tough looking guy and a great use of parts.  How did you already get a Garindan figure? 

GREAT UPDATE BRENT!

:)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Nice set of updates Brent.  I really like how these turned out.

A'Sharad Hett - This one is my favorite out of the bunch.  Its a nice and simple version of Hett and the parts flow really good together.  Although not comic book acurate, i think he goes better with the look of the other jedi.  I will definitely be "borrowing" your recipe for this one.   ;D

Diva Shaliqua - The part choices on this one is completely amazing.  They all work really well and flow nicely together.  Just a little repaint of the flesh tones and she will be great.

Weequay - Overall a nice looking weequay thug.  He has a great mean scowl to him.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I'm back from my mini-trip this weekend.  Got in a small bit of custom time tonight.

Thanks for all the feedback.  On the Weequay, I'm getting an awful lot of credit for Hasbro's fine mold.  I did very little for this custom other than put some parts together.  I found a Garindan at TRU last friday and I couldn't resist.  Normally, I'll wait until I have two of a figure before I cut it apart.  Hopefully I find more :) :)

I took everyones advice and did a repaint of the entire skin tone.  The only decent "flesh" color I had was Fair Maiden Shadow so she's definitely much paler now. Let me know what you think. 

I'm going to put her jacket back on after I spray some dull-coate first.  Without the jacket you can see how the hips are somewhat mismatched  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 01:32 AM by BrentS »