Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93141 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 6/2- Beast Master now has skirt
« Reply #210 on: July 1, 2006, 02:34 AM »
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to get these MCC figures into my own thread.  I can tell I haven't done any figure customs in a while as this thread went all the way to page 4  :)   

MCC SLAVE:

Sebulba's Twi'lek Masseuse (Number 1):
Overall, I'm pretty pleased.  I may need to clean up the gown a little bit.  Obviously there are several things that don't make this movie accurate (no sleeves, no bare feet, silver armlets).

Recipe:

Face - Anika Sub5
Tendrils - Ayy Vida
Torso - Anika Sub5
Legs - POTF2 Slave Leia
Hands - random female hands in my fodder bin
Neckring - POTF2 Slave Leia (I think)

MCC IMPERIALS

These are two guys I've planned on making for a while.  Relatively simple headswaps:

Captain Piett:

Recipe:
Head - POTF2 Piett (dremmeled to a ball socket)
Body - Saga2 Veers

Grand Moff Tarkin

Here's a shot of two Tarkins:

Recipe:
Head:  POTF2 Tarkin (dremmeled to a ball socket)
Body: ROTS Tarkin

For both of these Imperials, the POTF heads are smaller than the ROTS/Saga version.  I had to dremel down the neck posts and repaint them as well.  Hopefully I got the paint color close enough.  However, as you know with me its always an adventure :)

Since this is a double post - I'll give you a bonus shot of a WIP that didn't quite make the deadline for Slaves.  Here is a custom of our favorite Young Jedi turned Sith Lord :

Recipe:
Torso: EP1 Padme (plus significant greenstuff)
Head/Arms:  POTJ Shmi

I wanted to include this in the MCC but I just got to do the greenstuff tonight and it needs to cure overnight before I can paint it up.

Well, its way to late and I need to go to bed.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 02:45 AM by BrentS »

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Brent,
Great work. I was wondering how to make a more form fitting suit on that Twi'lek of yours and I think I have the answer. There is the stuff for material no fray or something like that. It is a liquid and you can soak or brush it on and when it dries become stiff. You might want to try it before you place it on the figure. I don't know what it would do to paint. Just an idea maybe for your next one. Other than that everything looks awesome.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Double post here but I wanted to give my little custom thread a nudge :)

Here's my WIP on a potential Security Guard.  I went with Chewie's "minimalist" approach in making this guy easy to reproduce and not use too many different parts.

The recipe is pretty straight forward:

Head - Firespeeder Pilot
Torso - Garindan
Arms - Garindan
Holster - Garindan
Bandolier - Hem Dazon
Legs - Firespeeder Pilot

Now, my question for the group.  What color should I paint this?  Paint the torso to match the arms or the legs to match the torso or paint the lower torso and legs completely different?

I'm also thinking about adding a bit of greenstuff to cover up the slight gaps in the inner thighs. 

Any thoughts and/or advice on how to proceed?

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 7/19- WIP for UGP Security
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Cool looking Concept,

I'd suggest mabey a Blue or Grey Paint Scheme, or Blue and Grey.

I can't wait to see it when it's completed.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 7/23- UGP Security and Galactic Heroes
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Here is the finished product for the Securty Guard Concept for the Ultimate Group Project:

I went with a basic paint update - light gray on torso and legs.  I also updated the sliver parts of the holster and arms to a bronze paint (hopefully) similar to the helmet and boots.

Now a departure for me...  I've seen several really cool Galactic Heroes customs recently and I've been wanting to a take a shot at them.   Here are my first two attempts:

Quinlan Vos:

Darth Nihilus:

I don't really collect the Galactic Heroes figures but my Nephew's love them.  I'm going to practice on these on and off for a while  to figure out the nuances and then make a real nice set for them for Christmas.  Luckily they aren't old enough to read yet or I would have spoiled their surprise  ;) 

As always, comments, questions, suggestions, and criticisms are welcome

P.S.  For those who've been following the Gardulla Palace diorama, I haven't stopped working on it but I've just decided to hold back the updates.  I don't want to spoil the final product before it debuts in the next chapter of my PN.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:48 AM by BrentS »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Sorry for the double post but I finished up another WIP.  I didn't quite get the painting done last night or I would have posted her too.

Here is Shmi Skywalker carrying the soon to be Sith Lord:

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
That Shmi looks really good, BrentS. I like all of your updates.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
All the Imperials look nice Brent.  Kind of simple, which is fine.  I really like the ANH version of Tarkin.

The Twilek is great.  You definitely should be pleased with that. It's a very creative custom and the mesh outfit looks outstanding.

The Security Guard looks fantastic, the only thing I might change is the legs.  I guess for whatever reason I never liked those on the Firespeeder pilot... might be me just being scared of painting those knee joints.

Shmi - AWESOME.  Anyone who thinks that characters like this aren't great customs is really missing out.  What a great job sculpting and painting.  This will add so much to your photonovel.  While most people use regular figures, you go the extra mile!

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Here is my entry for the Yakfinities Challenge.

Commander Appo as part of the Clone-Stormtrooper transition during the Jedi Purge. 

After a Succesful mission, the leader of Vader's Fist returns with a gift for the Dark Lord.

Recipe:
Head - Commander Cody
Body - ROTS SA Clone Trooper
Pauldron - POTF2 Sandtrooper
Helmet - not sure, found it in my parts bin.  I think it is a Stormtrooper Luke or Han helmet.

Also here is my entry for the Group Project - Jango Fett.  I know this isn't nearly the "Ultimate Jango Fett" but it suits my purposes. I took a stab at him as a prisoner (without his armor). 

I did paint up some armor but it is not set to fit him.

Use your imagination and you can envision this is a subtle preview for an upcoming chapter in the Duel of the Sith Photonovel.  Also, if you look extra close there is a little sneak peak at an new and improved section of the Palace set.

Recipe is very basic
Head - Jango from the Saga line (not sure which one even)
Body - Han Solo in Carbonite (Saga 2)

As always, comments, criticisms, suggestions, etc are welcome!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 7/29 - Commader Appo and Jango Fett
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43 AM »
This is still around TPM right it hasn't gone much farther. If so this is perfect you can have Hett in the palace wanting to kill Gardulla for his fathers death and Jango breaks free and feads gardulla to her krayt. excellant. IF you have Jango for that reason you incorporated the EU perfectly brent. I aplaud you, plus they are great customs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2006, 02:04 AM »
nice custom's brent.

appo - very simple looking, i like it.

prisoner feyy - definetley a good idea for gardulla's palace, the color looks great, mabey give him a bit of a beard like in the comics when he was a prisoner, other than that great custom!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2006, 08:25 AM »
Great job Brent. I like them both. Cool idea having Appo wear the Stormie helm and that pauldren.

A little off-topic: I had to laugh at the last two posts misspelling Fett as Hett, and feyy. :)
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I'm glad you like them.  They are both pretty basic and may not be my best paint jobs.  I haven't customized a clone figure in quite a while!

Smarty - you are certainly on the right wavelength.  I'm not sure I'll be able to tie it all together with the cameos but that is what I was thinking :)

A little off-topic: I had to laugh at the last two posts misspelling Fett as Hett, and feyy. :)

I believe Smarty was referring to the possible inclusion of my A'sharad Hett figure in the PN too :

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 09:30 AM by BrentS »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2006, 09:41 AM »
These last two customs are really painting masterpieces, Brent- I'm not a fan of the POTF2 helmet, but what you did to the CC head is top-notch.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 2, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Two new customs for you tonight.  I present a pair of Ithorians.  These guys eventually will be band members at Gardulla's Palace.  However, in the meantime they are just two dudes hanging out, and sharing a laugh:

I did notice that the paint on the one overcoat is already chipping.  I'm going to have to touch that up and seal it.

Recipe(s):
Heads and Hands - POTF or Saga Momaw
Bodies - ROTS Mas Amedda
Overcoat - EP1 Boss Nass

I have to confess, I stole this recipe from Chewie  ;)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2006, 11:50 AM by BrentS »