Author Topic: Daigo-Bah's Customs (8/4)  (Read 49211 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (10/16)
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Daigo-Bah.  Looks great.  I bought a couple extra Chiefs to make some ewok customs myself.  This is a great example of what to try!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (10/16)
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Thanks Brent!  I had an extra Teebo, and wanted to change his hood to the more recognizeable style in ROTJ, so I cut it carefully with an x-acto blade.  I then repainted it with a grayish tone (see the Visual Dictionary for a good photo of it), added 2 "teeth" out of sculpy for the top of the animal head, and painted the feathers on his hood.  You can see the color differences from the straps since they and the hood were the same green color.  I gave a bit of a wash to the hood as well.  Here are a few pics and a comparison to the normal hood (I painted that one as well).

And here are some pics of another ewok I made a couple years ago, that I recently gave a drybrushing to.  He is the body of a POTF2 Logray with a sculpy hood.  I painted him grey and gave him a drybrush with white much like the one on the new Chirpa.

« Last Edit: June 6, 2008, 08:50 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (10/19)
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Also, here are a few pics of my custom 12" Jedi Luke.  I also did this one a while back.  The body is Count Dooku, but the head and clothes are the POTF2 Luke with bone.  I altered the saber hilt with pieces of a coffee drinking straw to get rid of the thickness, and repainted it.  The face, needless to say, was repainted heavily.

Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Excellent work! It's truely great seeing such perfect creations, you'd think Hasbro's top people had done them themselves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Always cool to see different Ewoks.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Between dioramas and a few custom figures, I decided to make Jabba's Dais to hold me over until I do his throne room dio next year.  I wanted to get a quality close to the SS 12" scale version, so I constructed it first from styrofoam so that I could press in the creases and cut the rounded corners easily.  I then coated it in plaster of paris and sanded it down when dry.  After spraypainting it tan, I gave it a wash and drybrush with a darker tan, brown, and some green under the gargoyle heads.  The animal skin is a piece of felt glued down and washed with brown.  The pillows are sheets of thin foam "cloth" used as packing material that I cut, hot-glued, stuffed with cotton, and painted.  Salacious was given a brown wash and super-glued in place.  The gargoyle heads are made from sculpey with a metal rod bent into a circle for the rings.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:25 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (10/29)
« Reply #66 on: November 2, 2006, 10:08 PM »
I took my older custom AT-ST upgrade outside to take some better pics and here they are:

Greg Reeves

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (10/29)
« Reply #67 on: November 2, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Another ewok from a vintage mold with a POTF2 Wicket hood and Logray pouch.  This one doesn't look quite as pink in person ::)

Greg Reeves

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (11/2)
« Reply #68 on: November 5, 2006, 08:14 AM »
I can't believe anyone hasn't commented on this over here.  That AT-ST is just too cool.  I remember looking at it over at RS but these natural light pictures are just fabulous.

I'm envious of all your ewok customs.   I know they get bashed but I love the little teddy bears.  I really need to make me some ewoks.

I'm pretty sure that I commented on the Jabba dias elsewhere but man on man.  That is just amazing!  You really have a great talent.  Is there any advice you can offer to budding diorama builders on how to work with styrofoam and plaster?

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 5, 2006, 11:54 AM »
i commented on your at-st else where, but i never saw your 12" luke, that thing looks great man! and the jabba dias is very cool, i really like all the pillows and animal hyde throws on it, it has me really looking forward to seeing you throne room for that fat slug! your ewoks are very cool to, i never have gotten into ewoks my self, but i think it's really cool how you take the few existing ewok figures there are and make so many variartions and styles. great work man..........
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 6, 2006, 08:53 PM »
A few new things to show: first up, a Hoth Luke Pilot.  Everything is VTSC Luke except the collar from Snowspeeder Luke, and the boots and belt/coat bottom from Saga Hoth Luke.

Then a few ROTJ meeting folks.  The Sullustan is just a red repaint, the General is Madine with side beard removed and painted grey, and the Senator is a ROTS Mon Mothma with collar removed, painted light grey, and sculpy hair.

Lastly, a few ANH Yavin officers.  The first is an Antilles body with a Dodonna cloak and arms; the second is a Dodonna body with Antilles coat and arms and a Rieekan head, and the third is an Antilles body with Dodonna cloak and arms and a hollowed out Rieekan head.

Greg Reeves

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (12/6)
« Reply #71 on: December 7, 2006, 03:37 PM »
 :o :o :oWOW!!! THOSE ARE AWESOME!! Everything! Great work! Keep it up!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 7, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Great update Daigo-bah.  I can't believe how different the two Reiken Head's look.  Awesome job!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Not a super-complicated custom, but I wanted to make a Snowtrooper officer by using the vintage style arms and legs with the Saga Officer torso.  Unfortunately, I had to super glue the arms and legs on (and I had to dremel down the ball socket inner shoulder area) but it didn't concern me since he was just going to be a stand in for my AT-AT cockpit diorama.  I also painted the "fabric" areas of his uniform with a sandstone color, because the baby blue color is incorrect (for any rank Snowtrooper).  Here are a couple pics comparing him to the Saga version.

Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Daigo-Bah's Customs (7/19)
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Very sharp. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but ultimately, I just used a rank badge from Jerjerod (cut down to size) and glued it onto the vintage body. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."