Author Topic: Dressel Rebel's custom figures  (Read 43383 times)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: Dressel Rebel's customs thread
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 05:00 PM »
I love dresselian customs; there are barely any. I'm working on one using an ROTS sidious head, those are good for non-eyepatched dressellians and better yet they look nothing like palps anyways.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 11:13 PM by ThePerennial »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 05:01 PM »

A fantastic bunch from D-Reb Sr.

Props to SLC for helping me fix these.

More to come soon!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 05:14 PM »
I really like the commando's. Those thicker looking cloaks are really cool. Did you custom tailor them or find 'em form some other figure? I really like the guy with the black mask, I wouldn't F' with him. Keep 'em coming! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2005, 05:21 PM »

That's all I have for now from Dressel. :D

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Nice to see these Dressel Rebel, they've been a long time coming!  Very cool indeed.

I agree that the ROTS Sidious head would be PERFECT for some of these.  Excellent idea Perennial.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Excellent stuff! I like all the various soldiers. Very neat!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Great customs, not something that I see much of!  You did a very nice job on all of them, but I like the guys with the face masks the best - is that your own idea or is that something that Dressellians do?

Great use of those KB soldier figures - I have a bunch and haven't figured out what to do with them yet ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Great customs, not something that I see much of!  You did a very nice job on all of them, but I like the guys with the face masks the best - is that your own idea or is that something that Dressellians do?

Here's pretty much everything I know about Dresselians.  They were one of the few aliens to resist the Empire's invasion of their planet.  They couldn't beat the stormies one on one, so they took to guerrilla war, and wiped out legions of stormies.  They completely drove the Empire presence from their planet.  They do not use blasters, they prefer slug-firing weapons, they hate the technology that the stormtroopers brought to their planet.  This is why you see them here with AK-47's, M-16's, shotguns, rocket launchers and bazookas, and various other guns.  They are fiercely independent, and value freedom.  They rarely show up for their Senate votes.

Having said that, the ones you see with the facemasks were inspired by the Gondorians capture of Sam, Frodo, and Smeagol in LOTR.  The Gondorians in that scene look like that, with green cloaks, and black facemasks that cover their nose and mouth.  Loved that scene.

I have more Dresselians to take pictures of, and also some dioramas with some props and playsets of them mowing down VOTC stormies.  I'll send those to Kevin around Tuesday.  I envisioned Planet Dressel having a forest-like area, surrounding a Greek-Roman architecture like area, and these dioramas will show that.

Also, I have a lot of EII and EIII clone customs, aliens, senators, and jedi to take shots of. I made blue 501st clones, red coruscant clones, Commander Bly, Commander Cody, and Cody legion troops.  I also have X-Wing, B-Wing pilots and some other odds and ends, probably 50-60 customs in all that I never got around to taking pics of. 

More coming soon!

(Thanks for the feedback so far)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 09:38 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Beautiful stuff. It makes me wish for a Hasbro Dresselian figure that doesn't have an eye-patch.

Love the capes too. Where did you find those?

:)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I hereby nominate you as the Official Authority on All Things Dresselian.

Great customs!!!  :o

I really like the use of softgoods on these figures, and the use of more (relatively) "archaic" weapons for these guys to use. Good stuff!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Very good work and very fitting to your name!  I can't believe you've customized so many Dresselians.  They look good and reflect a lot of creativity on your part.  I think the new cloak on the POTF version in the first picture looks especially sharp.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Dressels have a really cool backstory - I wasn't impressed by them before, but I like that they use slug-firing rifles; I always wondered if anybody in the Star Wars Universe did that.  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 09:33 PM »
Here's some information from EU sources too:

Dressellians were a tall, thin, humanoid species with elongated, hairless skulls, wrinkled skin, and teal colored blood. Dresselians evolved in the sub-equatorial grasslands of their homeworld Dressel's main continent, Breehara.

Two centuries before the Galactic Civil War, the Dressel system was discovered by Bothan scouts. At the time, the Bothan clan Askar decided to leave the low-tech natives of the planet Dressel alone, restricting their activities to mining the Dressellian asteroid belt.

This changed when the Galactic Empire took control of the system around 10 BBY. The Empire moved to set up bases on Dressel and exploit its natural resources. The Dressellians, despite having only loose political organization and barely industrial-level technology, began a resistance movement. At first, their resistance groups had limited effect on the Imperials. As time wore on, however, the Dressellians became masters of guerilla warfare, making the continued occupation of Dressel very costly for the Empire. Dressellian guerillas armed themselves with a mixture of their own equipment and captured Imperial weapons and repulsorlift vehicles. Dresselians managed to drive the Empire from their world, using only simple projectile rifles. Once the Bothans began to throw their support behind the Rebellion, they began to smuggle equipment, weapons, and mercenaries to train the Dressellians.

The most prominent Dressellian during the time of Rebellion was the Rebel commando Orrimaarko, nicknamed "Prune Face".

:D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2005, 12:21 AM »

D-Rebs newest batch. :o

Kevin

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30 AM »
Just a little EIII clone sampling before I bust out my Planet Dressel playsets and take some diorama pics.

All of the clones are complete except Cody who had some sculpy parts that got busted up in my move last month.  He needs a repair, I just showed an angle that wasn't damaged.