Author Topic: Dressel Rebel's custom figures  (Read 43388 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
These are some outstanding Hoth troopers.  This is something I've wanted to do ever since I picked up an extra couple of Bren Derlins.  I'd love to see some close-ups of the faces.  You did a GREAT job on the heads.  I'm also guessing that you added some "snow weathering" too.  You should take a photo of the these guys with Bren and Reikan.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Those do look good, I always like your updates Dressel.  Great job getting it to look like they have a bit of snow/ice on their uniforms.

:)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is a simple repaint of the Mace's Battalion 212th Parjai Trooper from the EU purple to the EIII orange scheme.  Both versions included for comparison purposes:

Thanks for looking.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Dressel Rebel's customs thread - UPDATED 11/21 - 212th Parjai Trooper
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2006, 07:08 PM »
That's pretty smooth painting DR, nice work...  I don't see much of any paint lines to hamper it at all.  You covered the purple well in all areas and it seems like you even added a little detail to the shoulder ammo thingy (little metallic dabs there thatI don't see on the original).

Nice work man...  What prompted you to repaint the figure instead of waiting for Hasbro's?  Or was it simply not liking purple versions of this figure? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2006, 07:17 PM »
That's pretty smooth painting DR, nice work...  I don't see much of any paint lines to hamper it at all.  You covered the purple well in all areas and it seems like you even added a little detail to the shoulder ammo thingy (little metallic dabs there thatI don't see on the original).

Nice work man...  What prompted you to repaint the figure instead of waiting for Hasbro's?  Or was it simply not liking purple versions of this figure? :)

Thanks Jesse!

What prompted me....Check out my posts in the 30 AC Airborne Trooper thread and also the Saga Mace BP thread.  I think there is a helmet difference.  Not too big, but noticeable to me.

I think...

Plus, I was just flat out bored and love the figure.  I really like the Parjais.  I'm still gonna buy tons more in January with the single carded release.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Nice trooper you've got there! Where's the diorama to go with it?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2006, 11:01 PM »
wow that is great. im starting to wish i could get that battle pack now.
your hoth troopers from before looked pretty awsome too. i want to try custom out now.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Great paint aps.  I love the rebel officers of Hoth.  Those looks awesome.  The beard is a great touch. 

Also the airborne clones look fantastic.  I really love the orange flavored one.  Sharp! 

I always look forward to seeing your work. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!