Author Topic: Tijuanajedi's Customs  (Read 15674 times)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Tijuanajedi's Customs
« on: July 22, 2005, 01:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I made a couple of new customs and posted the pics for you to enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/401329769LhGeSm

Check out my dios as well

http://community.webshots.com/photo/401304687XlQuvn

Enjoy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: My Customs & Dioramas
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Good stuff there, thanks for showing all of it.  I really like your mix of vintage and modern stuff, and the clean organized way you choose do display your collection (and how the loose stuff is set up).

Your Freezing Chamber scene is looking good.  I would suggest maybe painting the background blue/black to add a bit more realism.  The white background does look ok though.

You've certainly done a ton of heads swaps.  Maybe add in a few more legs/arms swapping too.  It's always fun to add in as much variety on fan-fic customs.  Maybe doing some more painting as well, though your work is still a lot of fun without it.

My favorite though is the picture of you and your wife super-imposed onto the Han/Leia photograph.  It's hilarious.  My wife and I did the exact same thing last year in Branson, MO.

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 06:52 PM »
That dio is really impressive!  :o
Nice work on that "babe" figure  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 12:34 AM »
There's some really fun stuff here. I like the dios you've put together, and some of the swaps you've done are quite nice, and ones I hadn't thought of.

Some of the ones that stood out to me were some of your Endor Rebel characters, and your "Bib Fortuna" Jedi. I agree with Chewie that you're ready for the next step, and should try some limb swaps and get your feet wet with some paint applications.

Another thing to note: You might get more feedback if you used a hosting service so you could link your pics directly in your thread. I know a lot of the time I skip threads that link to another site: I bet a lot of others do as well. Laziness, I guess. But posting it in your thread allows you to post your comments on what you were thinking or were aiming for in your creation, and to me, that's part of the fun of seeing someone's work.

-DD
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:36 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 01:07 AM »
Yep, I think DD is right.  If you are able to directly post some pics, it will help get more feedback (if that's what you're looking for).

Anyways, I'm glad you are posting here, and I hope you continue to do so.  Feel free to give us some feedback too; it looks like you could give me some pointers. 

There is a Bousch figure in one of your pics that I saw that looks to have some sort of cape?  And some major repainting?  Any information on this custom?

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Thank you guys!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Please if you have a service I can purchase, so that I can link it up to the thread it will be most welcome.

In regards to the bousch, it is actually a vintage Lando skiff repainted, with a obi wan jedi cape and the bousch helmet, he was pretty beat up and I hate to see nice toys go to waste so I got a little creative and made a bounty hunter out of him.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 08:26 PM »
No need to purchase anything!  I use this free web imaging service:

www.photobucket.com

I've never had a problem with them yet (--knock on wood--) and they're really easy to use and link to.  It's pretty self-explanatory once you get to the site, but if you need any help with anything, send me a PM or post it here.  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 09:38 PM »
I've never used photobucket (which I hear is good), I use www.250free.com.  It ends up usually costing be anywhere from $4-$8 per month depending on how many hits I get, which is kind of high when I have a photonovel up (lots of pics in each photonovel).

Good luck! 

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Tijuanajedi's Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 01:52 AM »
Hey guys,

here is a custom ship I am working on, I got it at a swap meet for 10 dls all beat up and I just said the hell with it, so here it is, I fixed the electronics and got some parts for it, as it stands it is about 90% finished.

Enjoy.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/423109253fwhiGn

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Tijuanajedi's Customs
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 01:57 AM »
Hey guys,

i made some custom control panels over the weekend, tell me what you think.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/423112255FSRJUE

Enjoy

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Control panels
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 02:08 AM »
I like those a lot. :) I wish you had some better pics though.

So what did you make them out of?
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Custom Ship
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 02:12 AM »
Bigger pictures would be nice. But I like what I see so far. I like the black. I think you could add some weathering here and there, by scratching off some balck paint so the original silver shows through, and it looks like blast marks. Also, you could add some extra weapons, since the ship wouldn't have any to begin with. Be sure to give us an update when you are done. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
works in progress
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 02:14 AM »
hey, I believe it would be fun just to post picks of works in progress or unfinished stuff, here are some I am still waiting for inspiration on:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/423119940KuyYCa

Feel free to post your stuff.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
I suck for photos
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 02:17 AM »
I suck at pictures, the camera i took them with is a 7.2 megapixel i just got.

I will try for better ones, but I made them out of Playmobil control panels for the police, fire dept and airport sets, and i just took them apart and repainted with krylon satin plastic paint, now all i need is a diorama inspiration to put them in.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Ship
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 02:19 AM »
do you have any suggestions on where to put the guns, I have 2 spare vintage laser cannons and a few odds 7 ends from military sets, nothing i think would look really cool, in regards to the weathering i am afraid to do it as i suck at it.