Author Topic: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles  (Read 59714 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles
« Reply #135 on: June 4, 2005, 04:32 AM »
The one in the store came in a real fancy black Code 3 box.  Are they all like that?  

My Falcon is like that and I presume the other's will be the same.

Eek! I didn't think it was that fancy, mine is just a plain black box. Just saw a pic on RS Wal-Mart Code 3 Box That sure is one nice packing box.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #136 on: June 4, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Eek! I didn't think it was that fancy, mine is just a plain black box. Just saw a pic on RS Wal-Mart Code 3 Box That sure is one nice packing box.

Yep, that's the one I saw there.  Pretty nice, eh?  So now you're saying that's NOT the one we've got, huh?  That sucks...  Note their $249 price there too?  Like I said, why's it $50 less than the same one they have online?  Makes no sense...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 4, 2005, 05:44 AM »
That's definitely not the same box, I wonder if that was done for Wal-Mart or was the box changed after we got ours?

Maybe there system is not updated yet.  ???

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2005, 06:30 AM »
You're right. That's not the same box those of use who ordered from Code 3 got. No doubt a pic was added to the front so those shopping at B&M's could see what it looked like.

Also, according to Code 3, the AT-ST is dangerously close to selling out. Last week there were under 200 pieces left and now it is much lower. Those who are looking to get one should do so soon. I got mine Tuesday evening and put some pics on my Web page. It's sweet looking piece! :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 06:34 AM by Mini-Rock »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Rumours of Walmart clearing out the Die Cast Falcon for as low as $125. 

Can anyone help a poor Canadian out? ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2005, 08:06 PM »
I've only ever seen one of those at any of the area WM's, and it sat at $250 for a good several months, but then it suddenly disappeared a couple weeks ago.  No idea if it had hit that $125 clearance price yet or not.

I'm a little bummed about this line, 'cause I sat on my ass too long, and now the X-Wing and AT-ST are sold out.  Obviously, I can't have an "incomplete" line of anything, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do about this.

Not to mention that I'm furious that the Code 3 folks just 10 minutes away from me will no longer allow me to pick up their items in person anymore.  It's bad enough that California customers get nailed with the 8.25% sales tax, but that used to at least be offset by the chance to swing by their warehouse and pick the stuff up.  But now, I'd have to pay an extra $50 for that on top of the $25 for sales tax, and all the sudden I'm looking at nearly $400 on a $300 ship with case.  Funk dat.

Still want the rest though...  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2005, 12:40 PM »
(clicky for bigger pic)

Code 3 has revealed their Signature Edition TIE Fighter today, which is also a Battle Damaged version!  So who's signature can be found on the base?  None other than James Earl Jones himself!  It will be very limited at only 500 pieces and is expected to ship by March 2006. 

There's some pretty sweet pics here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 5, 2006, 01:11 AM »
Entertainment Earth is selling the non-sig version of the DV Tie for $99.99 and shipping, so around $111 total :o

It's sitting in the cart, but I don't think I'll end up getting it. :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 5, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Entertainment Earth is selling the non-sig version of the DV Tie for $99.99 and shipping, so around $111 total :o

It's sitting in the cart, but I don't think I'll end up getting it. :'(

Damn $111, just damn!  :o

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 6, 2006, 11:54 PM »

It's sitting in the cart, but I don't think I'll end up getting it.

Yeah me too.  I just can't seem to pull the trigger.  :-[

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 7, 2006, 03:47 AM »
A buddy of mine is starting his own business (gonna sell SW stuff) and just got some of those Code 3 Vader TIEs.  Best part is that he offered me one at his cost: $50.  I totally had to pull the trigger on that.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 7, 2006, 03:51 AM »
A buddy of mine is starting his own business (gonna sell SW stuff) and just got some of those Code 3 Vader TIEs.  Best part is that he offered me one at his cost: $50.  I totally had to pull the trigger on that.

Damn $50, just damn!  :o   :o

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2006, 04:16 AM »

Me too.  Jobe can swing some decent deals to JD members in here as well, for $90 plus shipping (no display cases though), so he's asked me to have any JD members drop me a line if they're interested so I can pass the word along to him, as I'll likely be seeing him this weekend...

My question though is whether Code 3 is still going to be making vehicles after this.  Apparently Vader's TIE didn't sell too well, and then Code 3 up and vanished this year at Comic Con, with no appearance there or mention of new product by them anywhere of late.  I know they're still pumping out the movie poster pieces, but I'm getting rather fearful that their SW vehicle line may be hitting the skids.  They were supposedly already working on their AT-AT, but with Master Replica's incredible version, maybe that ruined their market on that high end vehicle, and others that were to follow.  Perhaps their price was too high, or MR's forray into the prop vehicle line stole their core audience, or some other factors are going on.  But I'd be rather bummed if this was it for them.  Of course, since they told me I could no longer pick up items at their warehouse 15 minutes away like I used to, I'm a bit annoyed with them since that meant I had to get double-dinged by paying the exhorbitant shipping charges on these huge packages, as well as getting tagged with the 8.25% California sales tax.

Fortunately, Jobe provides a better alternative to those scenarios now...  8)

Offline Anonymous01

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2006, 12:38 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Matt - I think Code 3 is done with the Star Wars ships.  As you said, MR has the right to ships as well so I think two companies doing replicas of vehicles is overkill.

MR has a better rep for detail and quality while Code 3 is still getting **** for taking AMT model kits and making them die cast.

I think the clearance price of Vader's TIE is evidence that they are exiting the business.  Just goes to show that slapping the SW logo on 'anything' will not work*.

*See merchandise glut from TPM.  :D