Author Topic: Code 3 Diecast Vehicles  (Read 59709 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Code 3 Diecast Vehicles
« on: April 28, 2003, 08:35 PM »
Oh God, my wife is absolutely going to kill me.  In a moment of fleeting angst and anxiety, I made the impromptu decision that I am going to collect this line of authentically detailed miniature replica die cast Star Wars vehicles from Code 3.  They are going to be absolutely amazing.

Leading off the stunning line-up will be their $295 Millenium Falcon.  Did I mention my wife is going to KILL me?!  I just signed up on their pre-order list for this bad boy, and all the rest of the awesome vehicles that are sure to follow (though hopefully at a slightly cheaper price)...  :'(  I LOVE miniatures (especially Star Wars ones), and aside from the X-Wing and Tie Fighter from Icons a few years back that went for around $1,500 each, these Code 3 Collectibles ships are going to be as good as it ever gets!  But I just know that if I don't order the Falcon right now (and other subsequent ships later), the moment I finally see them I will absolutely regret not getting them - despite their hefty price tags.  Just reading the details on the Falcon at Code 3's site is making me drool all over myself.  These will likely be the most cherished pieces in my entire collection...

You can check out all the details and place a pre-order at Code 3 Star Wars Collectibles.

So is anyone else going to bite the bullet and go after these fine works of art?  I'm sure Adam will be joining me at least...  Right Adam?   ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 02:36 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Code 3 Collectibles - Millenium Falcon...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 08:50 PM »
I just saw that posted.  :o  Man, is that Millenium Falcon going to be Sweet.  8)  Your not the only one to sign up for the  pre-order Matt.  ;)  

This die cast is just simply Awesome though the price of $295 is going to kill me up here but what the heck, it's only money.  $430 CDN. Ouch!
Now how am I going to explain this to the other half.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 08:54 PM »
For those of you who may have missed Code 3's first "semi-Star Wars" release, here's a shot of their recent Skywalker Ranch fire engine.  You can see just how amazing their attention to intricate detail is here...

Many more pictures here:
Skywalker Ranch Fire Engine

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 10:32 PM »
Too rich for me.  Maybe if I hadn't started on that McFarlane stuff, but not now.  Very sweet, but those fall into the after I win the lottery category.  Heck, I'm wrestling with Kubricks still.  Should I?  Shouldn't I?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 10:45 PM »
Too rich for me.  Maybe if I hadn't started on that McFarlane stuff, but not now.  Very sweet, but those fall into the after I win the lottery category.  Heck, I'm wrestling with Kubricks still.  Should I?  Shouldn't I?

Well Brent, your problem is that your collecting portfolio is just way too diversified - what with 5 or 6 different figure lines that you collect!   ::)

You need to consolidate down to what really matters:  Star Wars, and only Star Wars!   8)  Then, you can spend all the extra money you'd be saving from the other lines, on some really cool Star Wars stuff like the Kubricks and Code 3 sub-lines (like me!)...   ;)

Get with the program man!   :P   :-*

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 10:04 AM »
I reserved one as well! :) Im quite excited about this, and Im very happy with the payment plans they are offering... I'll actually be able to afford it! Well, sort of anyway ;)

Very excited though, and looking at the cool display bases with their space items, it looks like we're in store for a really cool looking display base and case cover! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 09:38 PM »
I just received my reservation confirmation which will guarante the opportunity to purchase in the mail.

You will receive an order confirmation before the release of the Millennium Falcon. Your model of the Millennium Falcon will ship in September of 2003.

Lots of time to save up for this puppy.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 10:05 PM »

Lots of time to save up for this puppy.  ;)

Oh, you.  Just stop that.  Now. :-X

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2003, 11:05 AM »
I just posted this over at the BHC, but since there's more activity over here on the subject, forgive me for repeating myself. (Friggin' retirement home over there...)

After reading the press release regarding the Millennium Falcon and visiting the Code 3 website, I'm up in the air.

While the notion of a high-end, die cast replica of the Falcon is tempting, it's bound to disappoint. As with action figures, I want something that has play value as well as display value. I have no doubt this thing will look awesome, but for $300, I want more than a heavy model kit.

- Which Falcon are they doing? The one seen in ANH or the one from TESB and ROTJ with the added landing gear? I'd prefer the latter. The former has been done to death. Of course for $300, one might expect both.

- Will there be some sense of scale among future releases? I'd be more tempted to buy the Falcon if I knew there would be a scale TIE Fighter and X-wing in the future. Think Fine Molds 1/72 model kits but die-cast, pre-assembled and pre-painted. What a display THAT would make over time. Slave 1, B-wing, A-wing, TIE Bomber, AT-AT, Vader's TIE... all in scale. This should be Action Fleet for the big boys.

- When can I see pictures? Code 3 had to show Lucas Licensing SOMETHING already. Gimme something to get excited about.

- Can I substitute display cases for better bells & whistles? Personally I'd prefer retractable landing gear over removeable landing gear. If this is merely a cost issue, I'll gladly make my own frickin' display case if Code 3 can work out a tiny hydraulic landing gear mechanism with closing doors.

The hardcore collector in me wants to sign up for one yesterday, but the kid in me wants it to be $300 worth of FUN, too.  
Post sober.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2003, 12:58 PM »
Are there any actual pictures of this Falcon?  I went to their website, but I couldn't find any true pictures of this item.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2003, 01:23 PM »
From our main page news:
Head on over to Code 3's website for all the delicious details and to pre-order the fastest hunk o' junk in the galaxy today! Sorry, no pictures available yet though...
Nope.  Still none.  I'm assuming it'll be shown sometime in the next month or so though.  Code 3 has promised all of the pre-order customers first glance when pictures are finally put up.  And you know those pictures will immediately be leaked right out to the public...  But I agree with you guys, for $300 bones, some pictures of what this thing looks like are most definitely in order - if for no other reason than to support the fat price tag on this puppy.

MPL's "to scale" idea is obviously a great one that we'd all love to see come true finally, but considering the size of the Falcon relative to some of the other ships, I think that would make the fighters pretty dang small based on the size of the Code 3 Falcon.  I'm guessing Action Fleet size, if not a little smaller.  Jesse would know best I'm sure if that's really the case.  But I wouldn't mind it as long as the intricate detail and functioning parts were still present, and more importantly - the smaller size dictated a much smaller price tag.  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Adam also pointed out elsewhere an interesting concern - the paint finish.  Most die cast collectibles are generally painted in a glossy finish.  Obviously there ain't no glossy finishes on the ships in the Star Wars universe, so Code 3 better stick with what's accurate and make sure it gives these ships a nice flat/matte type paint finish.  Otherwise, you can most likely count my butt out of this line if I'm to be getting a super "shiny" Falcon, and others...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 03:22 PM »
Code 3 Collectibles just released pictures of the Millenium Falcon.  

This ship is Awesome.  :)

---------------------
Updated your links to JD's Dale!   ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 09:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 03:33 PM »
Yep, indeed!  Looks beautiful!  And keep in mind folks, that these are only pre-production photos!  The finished product will certainly look better.  But at least it looks like we'll be getting that nice flat/matte paint job that we were hoping for, rather than something glossy.

Can't wait!   8)

(BTW, the full report from Code 3 is up on our main page here)   ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 03:50 PM »
OMG!!  That is so cool.  *looks around room wondering if it's possible that no one will notice another new branch of Star Wars collecting*...

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 04:18 PM »
Price still too steep for me (curse you McFarlane).  Looks ok and I like the matte finish, but doesn't it seem too clean at this point?  Wasn't the fastest hunk of junk a whole lot dirtier?