Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474790 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wedsday 10.19.05
« Reply #1050 on: October 19, 2005, 04:43 AM »
Fantstic updates Justin! Sorry i haven't commented sooner, I had a test on Monday and Hockey games Sunday, Monday, and tonight, and on top of that I have been feeling exceptionally lazy lately. :P

Trulos- It definitely reminds me of Tony's work. Throw those parts together and they'd look OK, but add your drybrushing and it becomes a fantastic figure. I love the skin coloring, it is something that has been missing on all of Hasbro's Neimodians. I like how it looks like he polishes his boots as well.

Republic Field Officer- Very nice, I agree it seems like something you'd see in the Art of ROTS book. I really like the Nazi/Empire parallels, so it is really neat to see it in figure form. I think I'd sand the buttons off, they just don't seem to fit.

Fan Fic Heavy Weapons Clone Trooper- Good to see someone is brave enough to us some Evo clones for customs. :) The parts fit together nicely, and I really like how you highlighted that little groove on the top of the helmet. And the drybrushing looks excellent of course. I do have one minor gripe, though I'm not sure how exactly you could fix it. The helmet seems to sit a bit to high, as if he has a long neck. I'm not sure if you hollowed the helmet out so that you can still use the clone as a regular Evo clone, or if this guy is permanent, I think i'd try and find a way to lower it a bit if possible.

I hope you have another update soon, I'll actually try to update on time, which reminds me I still have to writte out my critique on Chapter 15.... :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:19 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1051 on: October 19, 2005, 10:34 AM »
The first thing i thought when i saw your field imperial..He looks like a german soldier.
Then i read he was from a WWII fig.  Maybe you can do something else to him to make
him look less like a WW2 soldier. Maybe add some electronic piece to his coat or sleeve.

The Clone is nicely done. Great assemebly of parts.

Great paint job on both.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 19, 2005, 11:05 AM »
That's a good idea on the Imperial Field Commander... I think I'll see if I can remove the buttons, and then add on a badge on his chest.  Maybe even paint the Imperial insignia on his shoulder.

For the Heavy Weapons Clone, I did hollow out a Bacara helmet, so there is a head under there... that's why it kind of sits high on his shoulders I guess. 

And I'm looking forward to your review of #15 Ryan... and of anyone else who wants to give their input too!

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 19, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Give him an Imperial rank insignia on his chest, and make the buttons pitch black on his coat. Slap a Republic symbol on his sholders, and it's go time! Maybe give him some different colored pants like you did to Tylin.

I love that heavy weapons trooper. You should convert one of those blaster holsters into a pouch for a remote detonator controll, or a heavy fire becon for say, a Star Destroyer. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 10.20.05
« Reply #1054 on: October 20, 2005, 03:48 AM »
Good ideas there Famine.  I'll keep those in mind.

Also.... updated a figure tonight after the Cardinals game (can't sleep that well still) with a new version of the main character in the photonovel series... this will be a future look for him.

Rykrof Enloe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1055 on: October 20, 2005, 04:13 AM »
I see Rykrof finally got the yellow commander's striping he deserves. :)

That backpack/leg strap get up is interesting. What is it for? And would you happen to have a picture of him from the backside?
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 20, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I sense a pattern in Chewie's latest customs. Top notch as usual. What is that backpack/leg strap thing?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 20, 2005, 10:45 AM »
I'll try and get a better pic of him up soon showing the back (which has a Snowtrooper backpack repainted).

The strap thing I added just for variety; it's removable.  I'm not sure the function of it yet actually!  I just thought it looked kind of neat in a way.

And I thought it was time to give him the stripes he deserves too.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1058 on: October 20, 2005, 11:02 AM »
it's odd but i nover noticed our fave commander was wearing a regular trooper armor,

i agree we need a pic showing is back which is a bit mysterious
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 20, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Yeah, he's been in white most of the time... but usually has had a shoulder pauldron like here -

I think the yellow stripes are a good color for him.  And the backpack isn't anything too special, but I'll try and show it soon.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 20, 2005, 03:30 PM »
I see Rykrof finally got the yellow commander's striping he deserves. :)

That backpack/leg strap get up is interesting. What is it for? And would you happen to have a picture of him from the backside?

Why so interested in Rykrof's backside, Ryan? Think he has a nice caboose?  ;)

Another nice, creative use of the Evolutions clones, Chewie. About time Rykrof got a little recognition. I wonder though, if you should add some element that signifies to the rank and file that not only is he a commander, but also not a clone. A rank badge might work, and there's precedent for soldiers wearing them, much like the Snowtrooper that rides with Veers on Hoth.

By the way, I've already started to duplicate your Heavy Weapons trooper.   ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking a rank badge might be in order too.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I made another Palpatine last night.  I finally found a second Sith Evolutions set, so I could do something with that evil Palpatine face.

Parts used -

head - Evolutions Palpatine
body - Evolutions Palpatine
robes - ROTS Palpatine
hood - Crispy Anakin

Then I repainted him.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 10.21.05
« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2005, 01:55 PM »
LOVE Rykrof in the new armor!!!  I guess he survives Dathomir in time to upgrade his duds... ;)

And excellent Palpatine custom!

Top drawer, as usual, Chewie!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Very evil Palpy Chewie. Whats your total count on customs? It's got to be over 500 by now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Yeah, he'll get off of Dathomir eventually.  I need to get my butt in gear and get working on story #16.  I've kind of enjoyed the photonovel break though as I've gotten to make a few more customs.

How many customs?  Probably around 500 like you said Phruby.  The first few hundred are pretty bad though.