Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474311 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 01.29.06
« Reply #1695 on: January 29, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Ok, here's my Sunday night update.

Imperial Admirals - Piett, Gere and Pellaleon.  These are basically just head swaps with a bit of dremeling.  I wanted to make a new Tylin Gere for the Rykrof series, and decided after that to go ahead and do the Piett and finally a Pellaleon, which I started about 5 years ago with the head and just now found a good body for it.

- Piett head
- Boshek head
- Piett head (heavily modified)
- Veers body

Gomor - He's for the Rykrof series, basically a, big, mean Whipid.  The other Whipid is there to show the size difference.

head - SAGA Whipid
arms - SAGA Whipid
torso - POTF2 Muftak
legs - POTF2 Muftak

Now, back to working on the photonovel in my spare time.   :)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 29, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Hey Chewie!

Great job on these! All of the Admirals look good... the Palleon though...as soon as I aw it I knew who it was. The best of the three. I like that his head is lower, it makes him look a little portly, which is how I always imagined him. And it's always good to see another version of Rykrof Enloe characters.

Gomor looks awesome! I had thought of using the Muftak body for a giant Wook, but now I think I'm going to copy this and do a Whiphid as well. The paint job on him is incredible, especially the way you did the subtle variations of his fur color. Great job.

-DD
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:06 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #1697 on: January 29, 2006, 08:49 PM »
That is a pretty damn big Whipid.  You did a great job on blending the parts and paints, looks factory fresh to me.  ;D

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1698 on: January 29, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Great admirals!  I personally like the Admiral Ozzel body better, but I the Veers body is pretty good as well. 
That Pellaeon head looks great, I would not have guessed that it was a modified Piett head.  Great job!

The big Whipid is very cool, he really looks like an alpha male Whipid or something. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 29, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Chewie,

Great updates as always! While I like the Whipwid, I gotta go with the Imperials as my favorites for this update. Pallaeon is just ten kinds of cool!
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 29, 2006, 11:31 PM »
I like your Pellaeon - I've always wanted to see Thrawn's whipping boy put into 3 3/4" form.  I'm curious though, his eyes seem somewhat "squinty" - is that simply from the flash?

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 30, 2006, 02:11 AM »
I like the Admirals, and I'd say that they should have different rank badge thingies except that they're all Admirals.  In my current haze it gives me much glee to see an admiral with the last name of Gere.  He should be promoted to Rear Admiral with that last name. 

I've never seen Admiral Pellaleon, but this one looks a lot like Ernest Borgnine.  If you ever do an Airwolf photonovel, chop that head off and put it on a fat old guy action figure.  In all sincerity though, he looks like one of those sycophantic knob-gobbling Admirals;  which, deducing from JesseVader's post, is spot on.  I'd give him more fleshy facial coloring, but maybe he's supposed to look a tad pale, given the type of admiral he is.

That Whipid looks like he can just whipid, whipid good.  I like the paintjob, and the bloody axe is beautifully bereft of non-bloodiness.  We could use a few more bloody axes like that in this day and age.

Bravo, and now I must find some soft, chewy cookies to eat, since thinking of your name makes me crave such things.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 30, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Thanks for all the comments everyone.   :)

Piett and Gere were obviously just head swaps, but not quite as simple as I hoped.  I had to do some very careful dremeling into the Veers neck post to get these heads to fit just right.  I was going to go with ball jointed heads at first... but feared screwing them up.

For Pellaleon, that head is kind of a light skinned tone, he's supposed to be an old man and kind of pale.  I did use a Piett head, years ago I expanded it with a screw (twisted it into the bottom to expand the plastic some, then added some light sculpy) and repainted it.  He's been in a parts bin for over 5 years... I was so glad to get the Veers since I thought it was a good fit.  Glad that he was recognized so quickly.   :)

The Gomor is one of my favorites in some time.  I like Whipids and really wanted a bigger, stronger looking one (and a little fatter too).  Really was fun painting him.  The fur on some of these sculpts is great to work with.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 30, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Love that Whipid, he looks really bad-ass. I would suggest painting your Gere's uniform blue, to fit in with Faytonni and the actual color of CW Non-Clone Officers.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 30, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Thanks for the idea on Gere.  But in the comics, I've seen Clone Wars era Star Destoyer Admirals in Imperial gray (or at least I thought so) and Tarkin isn't in blue in ROTS.  If he survives past the Clone Wars, I'll need this body to still be used... also, I'm thinking about making a hat for him, but don't know if he needs it or not... anyone think he needs one?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 30, 2006, 11:34 AM »
Thanks for the idea on Gere.  But in the comics, I've seen Clone Wars era Star Destoyer Admirals in Imperial gray (or at least I thought so) and Tarkin isn't in blue in ROTS.  If he survives past the Clone Wars, I'll need this body to still be used... also, I'm thinking about making a hat for him, but don't know if he needs it or not... anyone think he needs one?

I do remember seeing a grey uniformed officer in a CW comic, so I guess you could leave it grey. And Tarkin isn't blue in ROTS because, well even if the CW Officer's uniform color was blue he woudn't be blue because the Empire has grey uniforms.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 30, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Thanks.  I still get the feeling that Tarkin was always in some sort of gray/greenish uniform.  That's still interesting about the blue uniforms though, I really don't think I've seen them before.  Guess I need to do a little more research.   :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1707 on: January 30, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Where the hell do you live that you have a bunch of extra Veers' for customizing??  :o

They look awesome, by the way!  :)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 30, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Thanks Lando, I bought a few from a local dealer for $8.00 a pop.  Not dirt cheap, but heck, better than driving back and forth from Walmart and Target.   ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 30, 2006, 06:15 PM »
I've been able to pick up 4-5 Veers at my local Wal Marts and Targets.  Of course I was looking for figures every morning before work.