Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475088 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.09.06
« Reply #1740 on: February 9, 2006, 11:09 AM »
CHEWIE -

One of the best Maces I have ever seen. His head is a bit shiny... perhaps he's sweating. The robes look perfect and very realistic in scale.

The Imperial Officer is a nice, clean custom.

The Gonk, though, is probably my favorite. If I can start to score these regularly on toy runs I plan to do similar things. They're very much blank canvases that you can glue just about anything to...

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 9, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Chewie,

Very nice update.

The Imperial Intel Officer is a nice, simple custom that will do wonders for fleshing out/adding variety to Imperial dioramas.

The GNK Droid is also 10 types of cool! In Rem's right, you can glue just about anything to these guys to make them into aftermarket modified droids and they always look great :)

The Mace is very well proportioned, something hasbro needs to seriously do with this character. You may want to hit the head and hands with another coat of flat sealant though, they're a bit on the shiny side (but not any different from several Hasbro production figures ;) ).

The only suggestion I have for the Astromech (besides giving him an eye or 2 like has already been suggested) would be to lower the head a bit to close the gap between the bottom of the head and the top of the body. Without this gap, the droid will look more streamlined and the head will not look so disproportional (which it's really not, just an optical illusion caused by the slender "neck" visible inside the gap). Other than the gap, this is one fine looking droid that I can actually see as representing a time before the Republic :)
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 9, 2006, 12:33 PM »
In Rem and Spectre, thanks for the feedback, it's always nice to hear both of your perspectives.  You always offer advice and see things from another's point of view too.

I agree on the Mace.  I'll paint the head soon and the hands too.  He doesn't have too much of a glare in person, but in pics he totally does and it takes away from the figure.

Funny on the astromech droid about the little neck part.  I went through 5 boxes of parts trying to find something that would work, essentially it's just a smaller wheel used for a neck.  Without it, I thought the head maybe looked too stiff.  Maybe I should elmininate the neck altogether though and just add eyes.  Eyes for sure.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 9, 2006, 02:09 PM »
great gonk chewie, can't ever go wrong with a repaint of them.  I likey the imp officer.  is there a reference anywhere online that shows all the different imp officer uniforms/colorations/rank badges?  d4 looks really cool, i'd add some "eyes" to him and paint the feet wires a different color.  i love the mace and i've been planing on using that head on mine but with a pilot obi.  my only suggestion for this one would be to switch out the arms with the jumping ROTS obi that came with the damaged battle droid.  those arms at least have more shoulder articulation.  I used those arms on my jedi council guy the one with the long neck grey skin, sorry forgot his name, and they worked really good.  love the mygeeto force, you never cease to amaze.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 9, 2006, 02:33 PM »
That's a pretty good idea about the arms in using the jumping Obi Wan.  If I did that, I'd need to use a new torso too.  Good idea, if I make another I might try that.

For the droid's eye, I'm thinking maybe just one eye offset just a bit.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1745 on: February 9, 2006, 07:36 PM »
CHEW i love the gonk Great job :P he looks like hes been used a ton but not to much and still has the shiny imperial look.
About the astro, If it were to predate the republic It would be 1,000 years before Kotor 1 :o And  t3m4is a astro/utility droid like R2 and He looks nothing like T3. I'd suggest making Pre naboo war, becasue R2 units were fairly new at the time of Ep 1.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2006, 07:38 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 10, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Thanks Smarty.  I might make a few more changes to him, scrap the body for another all scratch one or something.  But the droid I'm trying to make will be several thousand years old.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 10, 2006, 12:52 AM »
Ok, a quick update...

First off, some Counter Terror Unit Clone Troopers.  They have a closer look to the troops we see in the OT.  Since there are so many clone helmet designs in the Clone Wars, I figured that some special units could be using something like these.

head - Bust Up Stormtrooper
rest - ROTS SA Clone

Then the unit commander with the group.  I showed him before, but as a standalone figure.

And here he is unmasked... kind of a preview of sorts for a future photonovel, which will be taking some dark turns in the future...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 02.10.06
« Reply #1748 on: February 10, 2006, 04:23 AM »
Wow Chewie the Counter Terror Unit Clone Troopers with the Stormtrooper helmets are great . I like how they are starting to resemble the troopers that we came to love in EP-IV, V and VI and as always mate your weathering is spot on.

The commander I'm really impressed with the detail work you've done to his helmet is awesome top notch stuff mate.

Ron

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 10, 2006, 05:34 PM »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 10, 2006, 06:33 PM »
 :o Evil Rykrof!
It seems as if he is getting darker.  :o
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1751 on: February 12, 2006, 06:27 PM »
CHEWIE, customizing machine!

Great updates, I don't know where to begin!

Imperial Intelligence Officer w/ Imperial Gonk Droid - the Officer looks great, I love that Ozzel body repaint and the use of the Scanning Crew member head is perfect.  The Gonk Droid looks very "Imperial," the gadgets on his head are perfect. 

D4-602  - Interesting concept, I like the idea of older astromechs and this guy definitely has that vibe.  I like the wheel-head, but the only thing that I would change would be to do something to the body.  Maybe you could fill in some of the details on the body with putty or something to make it look more "primitive"?  I'm not sure, I think it would look more "ancient" if you redid the body or maybe changed the legs a bit.  Still, he looks awesome as he is, very clever concept.

Mace Windu - Wow, I will definitely say that this would be the definitive robed Mace Windu figure if Hasbro released him.  The parts choice is perfect (as usual) and the figure has that "badass" Mace Windu vibe to him.  Nice!

Mygeeto Invasion Force - Awesome!  The weathering on the clones is awesome and very realistic.  I love that Sergeant - the paint scheme is great.  I like the addition of Pruneface's cloak, it looks good.

Clone Counter-Terrorism Unit - Very cool.  The Stormtrooper helmets look great on the clone bodies and that Bacara Clone looks very badass.  I like the modified pauldron on him.  The only thing that I would change would be to connect both shoulder pads in front of the neck to make one pauldron. 

Great updates CHEWIE!  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 12, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Chewie, I can't keep up with all your customs to comment on them all. I'm lucky to get one or two figures finished a month and you seem to make that many each day!!

The Counter Terror unit looks great.  Did you do something the modify the Bacara helmet?   In the picture where he is wearing it, it looks like its squished thinner than usual?  or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me?

The Mygeeto Invasion Force came out very nicely.  My favorite is the AT-RT helmet guy.  Nice blend of parts.

I love your gonk droid repaints.  I picked up a few extra when the Hoth wave hit so that I could make one or two. 

Keep up the great work!!!

For your "ultimate mace"  I'm wondering why you had to use two different sets of hands?  It seems to me that his right and left hand look a little two different.  I'm also planning on making a custom Mace Windu so I'm paying special attention to your choice of parts.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:16 PM by BrentS »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 12, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Thanks guys as always for the feedback, as soon as my batteries charge up I'll have a pretty big update this evening.

Gregorbian - I agree on the ancient astromech droid - I've made several modifications to it, I'll post it tonight.  It really has an all new look now I think...

Brent - On the Bacara, I hollowed it out so a Rykrof head could fit in there, that could be why it seems to be more narrow now, or the pic just turned out like that maybe when I resized it to be viewed easier.  On the Windu hands, I chose those because I liked the hands that came with the Windu vs. Sidious 2-pk that came out last year, but the right hand had a molded lightsaber.  So I had to not use that right hand.  I had a Kit Fisto hand in a box that I had painted a while back, so I used that for the right hand.  I need to go back and repaint the head and hands all one consistent color I guess.

Thanks guys and I'll have several new customs up tonight, including two "retouched" customs and a couple vehicles.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 2.13.06
« Reply #1754 on: February 13, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Ok, pretty nice sized update here for you guys.  As always I'm up for feedback!

Tame Heem - A character that shows up from time to time in the Rykrof Enloe series, Tame is an Ithorian Senator who is beginning to lose faith in Palpatine and has sided with Valorum in a small circle of Senators on Coruscant.

Parts used -

head - POTF2 Hammerhead
hands - POTF2 Hammerhead
head drape - vintage Rancor Keeper
body - ROTS Mas Amedda

Air Skimmer

These single pilot crafts are a favorite by joy riders and smugglers on backworld planets in the Outer Rim, sporting duel engines capable of filtering through almost any enviroment including desert worlds, and a belly side double barrel laser blaster.

Parts used -

- vintage GI Joe Skyhawk and a few greeblies

Scorpion Droid

Sparsely used by the Confederacy during the Clone Wars, these deadly Scorpion Droids will show up in the Rykrof Enkoe series.

Parts used -

- B'Mor Monks and other various greeblies

RS-1P

Rarely used in fields of battle, these one passenger shuttles are often used by Republic Commanders to travel short distances but are capable of hyperspace jumps.

Parts used -

Vintage Mini Rig (ISP-4?)

D4-602 - This ancient astromech droid will show up in the Rykrof Enloe series.  I revised him from the one I showed last week, with several additions.   His appendages are removable as show in the middle shot - I drilled holes and stuck in cantina cups in there to support removable parts.

Parts used -

head - wheel from some military vehicle
body - astromech droid
rest - various greeblies

Obi Wan Kenobi - Finally made a new TPM version.

Parts used -

head - EPI Obi Wan
body - ROTS Obi Wan
legs - SAGA Outlander Club Obi Wan

Ok... and now a preview to an upcoming photonovel!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:22 AM by CHEWIE »