Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475475 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 03.19.06
« Reply #1950 on: March 19, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Nirvana, the whole lot is costing me $115.00, so if anyone wants any of what I don't need, I'll offer them in lots of 5 for around $12.50.

Hope that answers your question, and thanks on the poster.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 19, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Yeah, thanks. I just didn't want anybody to think that I was saying "Hey hey hey, I want half of those!" or something. 115 is a pretty good deal if you're getting 50.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 19, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Hey Chewie,

I's be interested in some of those as well. Shoot me a PM.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1953 on: March 19, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Hi Chewie

The banner looks great very well done all it needs now is some writing on it.

I'm also interested in the figures I'll PM you.

Ron

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 03.17.06
« Reply #1954 on: March 20, 2006, 12:46 AM »
Thanks gusy.  I'm not happy at all with how the shine looks with the glare.  I'm going to repaint him, and maybe rework just a bit because he looks like he works for the Coast Guard.   :-\

On the Saw Viper torso, I had to do quite a bit of cutting in the interior of it to get pieces to fit, and had to use of all things, a hot glue gun inside his torso to get the middle leg knob to stay in there.

"What did you do, jump ship?  What's with the life preserver?"

Nah, I like this Rykrof fine, but you're right, maybe a different color on the vest might make more sense.  Another excellent job.  You should take a group picture of all your dozens of Rykrof's all together.....
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 20, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Hopefully I should have those figures by the end of the week.  Really I just need some of the heads and some of the articulated hands that come with them.  I might sell leftover body parts cheap.

Also I worked on a custom vehicle some over the weekend, if all goes well I can have pics up tonight.  It will be my most ambitious vehicle custom yet.

That Rykrof will be reworked.  I think I hate it.  It just has something wrong with it in my eyes.  2-3 minor adjustments and it might be more like I had been hoping.

Let's see... other than that, I might take a nice little break from customizing for a bit.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 20, 2006, 04:24 PM »
I might be interested in some of the BBI stuff.  Let me know if there is anything good left once you've picked through it.  I'm looking for generic (neutral) human heads too.

For the Poster, you should definitely add some text around it.  Maybe even photoshop in a background picture too.   I think the stars work okay but it might look even cooler with a location shot.  I dunno, something to think about.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 21, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Ok, here's what I worked on Sunday and this evening.

C.A.D.I.S.T. (Clone Armor Division Infantry Support Tank)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 03.21.06
« Reply #1958 on: March 21, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Dude. That thing is the ****.

The first picture works, but the rest do not. I'll comment when I see some more. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 21, 2006, 12:17 AM »
Wow!

That is one mean looking peice of Machinery Chewie.

What was the Base? Was is an Amored Personel Carrier from Walmart?

I'v always been a Little Intimadated By Big Vehicle Customs. You've Deffinatly Sparked a little Inspiration in me w/ this One.

Great Job!
Fritzkrieg

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 21, 2006, 12:30 AM »
All I gotta say is wow! This is so cool! I wish Hasbro would make more smaller vehicles like this. You've definately topped yourself on this one Chewie.
I remember my dream now.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42 AM »
Chewie - that is freakin cool!  What an awesome vehicle.  Since I don't venture much out of the SW land.  Can you clue me in on the vehicle base?

Wow. I really like it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 21, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Thanks everyone, usually I don't get that many replies so fast. 

Ok, a few months ago I bought this 21st Century tank thing at Walmart for $30.00, it was regularly about $40.00.  It was around Christmas when I couldn't find any ROTS stuff, and I just wanted to buy something, thinking I could customize it.

First thing I did was remove the treads and the wheels (total pain to do) then I used columns from some Ultarama's for the bottom sides to make it look like a hovercraft/speeder vehicle and cover up the axles where the treads were.

Then added lots of greeblies to it like backpacks on the side for the clones to use, some sort of plastic pieces on the back sides that I've been saving for engines, and parts of accessories like the cannon, the radar dish, the pivoting duel blaster, and the astromech head, and even used a base stand from a McQuarrie Stormtrooper for part on the top of it.

Then I spray painted it gray, two coats.  Then black, and then one more of gray.  Then I dry brushed with white, did a black wash on some parts, and then finally some details like the blue outlines on the radar dish and the red dots for lights.

Then I used matte acrylic sealer spray. 

Overall it's a pretty durable vehicle, and I'm pretty happy with it.  But low on space!  For now I think it's gonna go in my Kashyyyk battle scene.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 21, 2006, 12:58 AM »
Oooh I love that tank!  It looks like a modified Warthog/Night Rhino, but barely.  Easily one of the coolest troop transport/tanks I've ever seen.  Was it the RC troop transport?  21st Century vehicles are, imo, the best 1:18 military toys ever made, and you turned this into a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:00 AM by Ruprecht »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 21, 2006, 01:02 AM »
Thanks Ruprecht.  I really don't know exactly what tank model it was... I can try and find out.  Really all I did was add a lot of little greeblies to it after replacing the treads with the rounded base.  And then repaint.