Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475921 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - big update Monday 03.27.06
« Reply #2010 on: March 27, 2006, 11:05 PM »

Oh my god, that guy is awesome CHEWIE!  I've been lurking a lot lately but I have to post to say that this guy rules, I can't believe how incredible he looks.  Just wow.  Great work CHEWIE, you have managed to raise the bar yet again.  :)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #2011 on: March 28, 2006, 05:36 AM »
Hi Chewie

Rykrof Enloe- The uniform looks good mate to show more details to him and other figure have you tried taking the pics in daylight that's how I do all mine except when it overcast or rainy then your stuffed.

Wookiee- I like the repaint very effective indeed nice work.

Urban Sniper- this figure looks good with the head gear looks suited for the rubble and debri

Urban Commando- this figure rocks great use of the clone parts and great paint apps I can't wait to get my mits on some of these new clones well done.

Nute Gunray- Nute looks good the colour look sgreat together and did you paint the skin if you did great work.

Hod the Blind Amill - HOLY SHITE Chewie this is a fantastic figure I'm really impressed with him it's blown me away everything is awesome 2 BIG THUMBS UP  well done.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 1, 2006, 02:47 AM »
Thank you everyone for the nice comments.  I always appreciate how some of you go into such detail.  I hope to have a few more customs up soon.

Darth Delicious

Thanks my friend for all the kind words - yes I did paint the eyes on the Rykrof to try and liven it up a bit.  On the Urban sniper I'll see if I can alter the hood thing a bit.   :)

Ryan

Thank you Ryan on all of them.  I like Hod a lot too, and yeah it's not a cheap figure to make.  I spent too much making it but want to make another of this species now too!  Glad that hood looks ok on that clone, maybe I won't alter it then.   :)

Clone Commander

Thanks, I like the visor too, it seems right for that figure.

Phalanxx

Thank you for all the nice comments, the paint on Hod turned out a lot better than I expected.  I really thought this custom would suck... I totally lucked out on it!

Master_Phruby

Thanks, on the sniper I don't know if the head wrap thing helps him or gets in his face.   :)  I just liked the look of it.  Thanks on Nute, I really am happy with him.

In Rem

Wow, thanks for the in depth reply!  I appreciate that very much.  Good idea on the brown wash for Nute, I might just try that.  The hood thing on the clone is a good idea too that I might tweak some.  I hope you like Hod in the Rykrof series.   :)

Kit Fisto

Thanks Kit, the head is from a Mastadge from the Stargate toy line.

GeneralBelIblis

Thank you, and I like the Rykrof too. You're right, I think this one of him could have a lot of different uses.

Famine

Thanks Kevin on them all, and yes I remember that set up Owen made.  I'm sure if you want one you could get it for a good price.  I agree I need to add more to the Commando guy.

Fritzkrieg

The gun for the sniper I think came with the Sandtrooper pack in with the POTF2 Dewback?  Thanks for all the suggestions, I will keep them in mind. 

Diddly

Yeah, there are now quite a few Rykrof customs that have been made, and even in the Group Project.   :)  Thanks for the kind words.

BrentS

Thanks my friend.  Yes the details really are washed out on the Rykrof unfortunately.  That sucks.  I can't get them to show.  Thanks on all the others, I appreciate the kind words.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Good to hear your feedback, with all your awesome customs I've been looking forward to hearing what you think about my stuff.  Thanks for all the kinds comments and the suggestions too.

Gregorbian

Don't be a lurker!   ;)

Thanks on the Hod figure, I appreciate it.  I can't wait for your next update.

hemble

As always you are too nice.  You know I can't paint like you do.    :)  Thanks for all the kind words and maybe I can try taking a few pics outside like you suggested.

Thanks everone for the feedback.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 1, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Another batch of excellent figs Chewie.

The update on the Rykroff looks very good. The more subdued colors make it look much better. Even though I really liked the way the other one looked. :P

The clones look really cool. Sometimes the simplest of touches can make a figure stand out so much better.

OMG the blind creature is excellent. Great job!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 1, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Man, I apologize for missing this absolutely outstanding group of customs.

Rykrof- I really like this one. It has a very neutral look to it- like it can be put in any type of situation or combat and still look badass. What's the background in the pics? I like it. I think it's my favorite, too.

Wookie- Very nice repaint of the Sneak Preview wook. It really highlights your awesome paint skills. Do you still use the Wal-Mart paints? I'm considering using these as a cheap and easier way of aquiring paint.

Urban Sniper- Cool, the white-silver armor looks very military. I'm not too keen on the headwrap, it kinda looks a little impractical on an urban clone. I think it would look more natural in a woodland/desert sniper. All in all, pretty cool repaint.

Urban Commando- This is probably my favorite Republic Commando-ish custom I've seen so far. One thing I might suggest, though, it to add a little bit of dark gray paint one some of the armor to make it look a little more urban-ish. Does he have a belt? I think that a pouch belt would look pretty cool on him instead of a standard clone's.

Nute Gunray- Cool repaint. Not much to say here, but he looks nice.

*Hod the Blind Amil*
Amazing! Simply stellar, I love this. Quite possibly the most original and cool-looking customs you've done. I really like the white eyes. Was this the same head as the one beast you did a while back? The parts seem to just flow together and the paint on his is very professional looking.

All in all, great set of customs. The PN preview pic is very nice, can't wait to see this one as usual.

My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - another big update Monday 04.3.06
« Reply #2015 on: April 3, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Hi huys, another update for you.  Trying to keep my weekly updates going strong.  First off here is a commission piece, similar to the hover tank I made a couple weeks ago.  It's for another customizer who wanted one.  The figures were already made and are being kept.  This was was a lot hard to make because inside it, it was loaded with electronics.

REPUBLIC HOVER TANK

CLONE URBAN TROOPERS

As you know I prefer the more toned down designs over the colorful stuff that just doesn't seem very militaristic in the real world.  So they are just SA Clones w/ AT-RT driver heads and repainted.

JUNK DROIDS

Just a couple of useless droids for the Lars family on Tatooine.  Made from miscellaneous greeblies.

JEDI MASTER ROULIS TELLSTEN

How about and older Jedi for once instead of all these younger ones?  This will be an older, wiser Jedi that has seen his share of battle but is still more than capable in a fight.  This one was a commission though so I have to make a second one for the Rykrof Enloe Series.

Parts used -

head - POTJ Eeth Koth
body - ROTS Duel Master Mace Windu
hands - ROTS Kit Fisto

Well, I hope you guys like them.  I officially need a customizing break before I get burnt out on this.  The pace I've had the past year or so has taken a lot of my personal time away from me.

« Last Edit: April 3, 2006, 01:44 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - big update Monday 04.03.06
« Reply #2016 on: April 3, 2006, 03:46 AM »
Hi Chewie

REPUBLIC HOVER TANK- Mate I like what you've done to the APC and I know what you mean about the wiring I helped a mate remove it so he could make a diorama with he's.  The weathering and paint apps are great I like the over colour scheme especially it being a scifi tank.

I also like how you've got the design simple and haven't added a whole lot of doohickies and thingybejobs all over the APC what you have added to it is great, But this is a personal thing and also due to me building military models some mesh on top of the grills would look cool but like I said that's just a persoanl thing.

CLONE URBAN TROOPERS- I always like seeing clones and yours again are great the whole design of them is perfect it's always hard to say how much to add or how much to take off but you know the right balance, As always well done.

JUNK DROIDS- I've got a whole bits box full of odds and ends and seeing how you make even the simpliest thing look great I'm going to have to try making a few droids thanks for the inspiration and great customs.

JEDI MASTER ROULIS TELLSTEN- Wow you've done a fanatstic job on making him look old it's the whole face and hair that can make or break a figure in my opion and you've pulled it of to a tee well done indeed.

Ron

« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 02:33 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - big update Monday 04.03.06
« Reply #2017 on: April 3, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Thanks Hemble.  That tank thing was a commission, and so was the Jedi, which is something I rarely do.  It's kind of stressful trying to make something for someone else, hoping that they like it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 04.03.06
« Reply #2018 on: April 3, 2006, 11:46 PM »
Well I have officially started on the script for #22 in the Rykrof Series.  We'll see how this one goes, but I think I can have it up before the end of the month.   Might even be able to get one of those two latest tanks in it.   :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 4, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Chewie - nice update buddy.

The tank looks great - thats got to take a lot of time with all the paint layers and washes.

I love the Junk droids.  With the droids I've put together, I've kinda become a droid junkie  ;)  I like the way you modified the treadwell.

Urban clones are well done, simple but effective!

Roulis Tellsten looks very good.  Obviously the face really stands out, but I love the light color highlights along the edges of the robe.  Sweet.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 4, 2006, 03:02 AM »
Loving this update chewie!

Tank- I really like the paint job on this one, (not to mention i'm digging the scout commander you made). Looks like a great vehicle really mhope it makes it into the next chapter.

Urban Troopers- Love the use of the At-rt driver heads here. Definitely looking a lot less flashy then the usual ROTS trooper, but i think these would be pretty comfy in an urban fighting environment. Great weathering, plus the Rifle the clone on the left is holding looks much better after that dry brushing.

Droids- I'm really digging the one on the left here. Looks to me like it'd fit in pretty well on tatooine (almost has that mostiure vaporator shape to it :P). The other ones color screams "wood" to me though. Maybe do a bit of silver dry brushing on this one. I'm not sure if you used a metallic paint for this one, but it isn't really looking metal in the picture.

Jedi- Like the way you gave him a jedi. I really didn't think a zabrak could have one, but it seems to be working for him. I see you followed the design of your younger version on this one, and i liked that one as well. Definitely be good seeing him in an upcoming chapter

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #2021 on: April 4, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Hey Chewie,

Well I got to tell yah, WOW!!!

REPUBLIC HOVER TANK:  That Imperial APC is the bomb, man. You did not load down the vehicle with too much trinkets and parts that would over power the vissual effect of the vehicle. Nice paint job, as ussual. I like the use of the R2 dome on the  roof.

CLONE URBAN TROOPERS:  A great way to use extra fodder to creat something new. A little back story and bam, you have something new that all the little kidies (and the big ones too) will want to run out and buy it off the shelf. ;D

JUNK DROIDS:  As the old saying goes, "one mans junk is another mans treasure." Another fine example what you can do with praticlely nothing. They look great, enough so that they need to worry about wondering jawas. ;D

JEDI MASTER ROULIS TELLSTEN: Very interesting looking character. Very catlike in his apperance. Another Jedi Master ready to fall on Darth Vaders' saber. ;D

I was looking over your photonovel again and I remembered another customizer over at RS, Hank5, who had these dead jedi customs that I thought would look good in your photo novel.   Here is the link.

Anyways, great update, Chewie. I can't wait to see more.

Jedi_Master_Ben

« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 11:10 PM by Jeff »
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2022 on: April 4, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Great work on that Hovertank CHEWIE, the weathering and everything is perfect.  It looks real!

I also like that Scout/AT-RT Driver Trooper, nice and simple design wise but very well executed.
Same thing goes for those Urban Troopers, they could have definitely been in ROTS.

The Junker Droids are cool, especially the one on the left of the picture. 

The facial paint apps on Jedi Master Roulis Tellsten are fantastic.  It's hard to get that much detail on such a small scale, but you did it! 

Great update!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 4, 2006, 05:18 PM »
That Jedi is so cool, I like the idea of a beard on him and your clones are excellent!
They fit right in on coruscant or any other world!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 4, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Thanks guys.  Also I am pretty sure many of you know that I'm now a staff member at Yakface (always wanted to be one here too but I do love Yakface, it's the first site I started reading up on Star Wars on).

We're running a contest there, so check out the main page... you can win a Rykrof Enloe figure if you follow through on the instructions on the main page.   :)