Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474403 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Monday 04.10.06
« Reply #2100 on: April 12, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Great Job on the Rykroff Special Addition, Costumes. All are an Improvement. On the Republic Fleet Troopers The Ony Change I'd Suggest is mabey a Stripe Down the side of the Pant Leg, to Go w/ the Formal Look of the white Gloves, Helmets, and Cerimonial Rifles. Can't wait to see the Results of your Upgrades those chapters.

Imperial Assault Pilots> I always love seeing a little Variety in the Imperial Ranks, Good Job.

Keep up the Great Work
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 12, 2006, 10:31 AM »
That hover tank loos awesome, Chewie. Can I put in my order for one now?  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 13, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions/feedback guys. 

Also I was going to wait and work on this one later, but the itch came over me tonight, so what the heck, I made a new Palpatine custom.  Kind of based off his Senate Speech in ROTS.

head - ROTS Emperor Palpatine
body - ROTS red robes Palpatine
hands - ROTS Emperor Palpatine
hood - ROTS Bust Up Palpatine

:)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 04.06.06
« Reply #2103 on: April 13, 2006, 03:16 AM »
And heck, I'm changing my signature smiley face from now on too.  I've always tried to look at the bright side of things and am forever the optimist in everything in life, so all this time maybe my little smiley face showed something completely different than I really wanted it to.  After 5,740 posts here, it's now changing.

:o

Weird, but nearly a week later, I just noticed the switch you made Justin.  It'll take a bit of getting used to, but hey, whatever works for ya'...

That Palpy looks amazing.  Wish Hasbro would pump out something similar!

(great PN work too, as always)

:P

or

Whichever you prefer...

- M
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:17 AM by JediMAC »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Thursday 04.13.06
« Reply #2104 on: April 13, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Hi Chewie

Man nice pick up on ebay with the figure and hell yeah it's got to be opened.

Palpatine looks great the blood red clothing is excellent .

The Hover Tank in a natural setting really sets it off it looks so reall well done mate.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 13, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Thanks guys much appreciated.  It's funny, this Palpatine is now my favorite version of him.  Not an elaborate custom at all, just seems to look cool in person.

I've got allergies from hell today... I stayed home because  I can't stop sneezing, and I look like a giant hornet decided to sting my face over and over... the spring is always tough on me.  It's so nice out but misery I say!  If I can stop sneezing to hold a paint brush still I will try and paint another custom I pieced together this week.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 13, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Man, I get so absorbed in other things I never have time to reply- but now I'm on break for 5 days and I'm trying to get caught up.

Ran Ceyh- Really cool. I like how he has his head up. I don't know if that was intentional, but if it was, that's clever being he was a survior and looks a little pompous.

Rebel Fleet Troopers- Best version of the Fleet Trooper I've seen yet. It kinda has a Marine-ish look to them, especially the one pic of him with his arms to his side and his helmet over his face. The Dooku torso looks really natural, and that's virtually the only RotS fig I never saw.

Republic Peace Officers- Cool job, I like the Rykrof one the best just because..he's Rykrof. I really don't like Tylin Gere (the character, not the custom) because he just rubs me the wrong way. The brown and blue look really cool.

Imperial Assault Pilots- Simple but effective. The clone Pilot body is one of my favorites for customs, I just wish I found more than 2.  :( The ATAT Driver head looks really cool and natural on the body. The gray looks a little glossy though.

The Ebay custom you are gonna recieve looks very proffesional, and it really looks like a Hasbro fig in the card.

Those pics LT_Bryll took look really cool- they really bring out the awesome paint job you did and the outdoor pics make it look darker.

Are you still using the Apple Barell colors from WalMart? I just started using them (Rhen Var Commander was the first) and I am very impressed but the quality of them- the weathering doesn't stand out as much and I was overall suprised by the quality of 44 cents a bottle.

Palpitine- A little dark red, but overall, awesome paint apps.

Sorry for any typos I made- I have a huge bandage on my left middle finger ( almost took off my nail and the tip of my finger working on Rhen Var).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:39 AM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Phoenix

• Youngling
  • I'm a photonovelist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 13, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Red Palpatine - now I wish I still had my #12 Palpy. CHEWIE, you should be working for Hasbro so that we could get some awesome action figures without action features. I bet that most of kids/collectors/scalpers/whatever would love to see a good Palpatine figure - and yours is one awesome masterpiece! Keep up the good work! ;)
This space intentionally left blank.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 13, 2006, 03:36 PM »
I never--NEVER liked the red outfit Palpatine wore in ROTS, I think after seeing your custom, it's starting to grow on me. It certainly is a huge improvement over Hasbro's factory paints, and I think the bust-ups hood is alot more dynamic looking in terms of like, size and detail, compared to the normal Hasbro fig hood. Great custom, Chewie; one of the few people that can make improvements on an existing character's design!
-Matthew H.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #2109 on: April 13, 2006, 03:52 PM »
very good chewie!
I wish they'd make a regular version of the red palpatine and the yoda fight version.
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 13, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback... was at home today, slept most of the day (needed it) and got to work on a custom.  Nice that this one was a very quick and easy custom but turned out good, at least I think so.  It's always nice to have an easy one for me.

PROTARR THE GLADIATOR

head - ROTS Ask Aak
rest - LOTR Frodo in Orc Armor

Simple, I know... just thought the parts looked good together. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:17 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Friday 04.14.06
« Reply #2111 on: April 13, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Wow CHEWIE, that Protarr is definitely a CHEWIE classic - clever parts use, great overall design, and a totally new concept from seemingly common pieces.  I really like when you make customs like this - it's great to see you thinking outside of the box like this. 
That Emperor rules too  ;).
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2112 on: April 13, 2006, 10:35 PM »
That's crazy!  Great work, Chewie.   :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 13, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Chewie - great couple of updates!  I really really like the Palpatine figure.  I think that you've just made the ROTS defintive version of him.  Those Bust-Up hoods are great.  I really need to get some of those!

I commented on the Gladiatior in the other thread - but in short I really like the LOTR body on this one.

Hope the allergies clear up soon!  I've never suffered from them but I know they are a pain in the butt (nose).

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2114 on: April 13, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Very nice work on these last two Justin.

The Palpy turned out excellent, I like the darker inner robe, it really helps him stand out a bit more and guves the outfit some depth. Like Matt was saying this is something I'd love to see Hasbro give us.

Protarr looks great as well. The frodo figure just seems to be a natural fit and it works perfectly for a Gran body. The only thing I would suggest is to change up the feet. Gran have 4 toes rather than the normal humanoid foot. Perhaps you could just throw some Ask Aak feet on there and paint them up to look like boots.
"This is the way."