Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472238 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
You do very well with the "crappy" apple barell paints, they look like higher quality model paints in your hands. 

Is this true?  If so, I had no idea that you used those brands of acrylic paints.  If so, triple kudo's to you!!  I've tried using them and found them to be far inferior to the other brands.  If thats your primary paints I'm even more amazed.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
He uses like 3 coats though. It gets pretty sturdy after that.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Thats all I use. Beleive it or not they are very good paints. Several coats are unfortunately neccessary though.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, I've used them too.  However, after using some of the "higher" quality paints, I much prefer them to the Apple Barrel versions.  I still think they have their place and they are great b/c they are so cheap and plentiful.

I didn't realize so many high quality customizers used those as well!  As I said, I'm even more impressed :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Heh heh... yeah, I use the cheapest stuff I can find.  I think the Apple Barrell stuff works pretty good once you get used to it, and are comfortable with using a matte acrylic sealer spray. 

I will have an update tonight, with several new customs.  But I'm holding a few back for their photonovel appearance.   ;)

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I will have an update tonight, with several new customs.  But I'm holding a few back for their photonovel appearance. 

I thought you were taking a break  ;)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
He is, ;D noramlly its 30 customs a week, this is a small amount for one week.

adam

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Yeah, I have been taking a break but yesterday, I had one of those days where I just had to get some customs in.  As soon as my batteries recharge I can take some pics.   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Ok... finally a customs update.  Sorry it's been so long.  I wasn't really planning on having an update for a while, but on Sunday I got in the customizing mood and whipped a few up.  With how crazy work has been, it's been hard to customize. 

Plus I'm going to be a moderator in the customizing section at the new forums at www.yakface.com (whoo-hoo!), so I'll be spending quite a bit of time there in the future as well.

So... here's some new customs!
KASHYYYK SCOUTS (11-15) - I've been working on making 20 of these for a fellow collector, based off the VSTC Biker Scout.  I finished 10 of them last month and got 5 more done over the past week.  Just five more to go!

BANDIN, DILFERDEE and RALLEN - These are all going to be mainly background characters for misc. dioramas/photonovels.

Each of these figures is primarily from the SAGA2 Tatooine Luke, with different tunic pieces/belts used from different parts in my custom fodder tubs. 

KAFRIN - A Badoo Corba henchman, could also double as a guard at Jabba's Palace.

head - POTF2 Cinema Scene Skiff Guard
torso - OTC Skiff Lando
arms - OTC Skiff Lando
tunic - POTF2 Cinema Scene Devorian
legs - SAGA2 Tatooine Luke

MOFF TALYCIN and POLIS MASAN SLAVE - My entry for this month's Customizing Challenge.

Moff Talycin
head - 21st century figure
robe - ROTS Bail Organa
body - SAGA2 General Veers

Slave
head/hands - ROTS Polis Masan
arms - SAGA2 Tatooine Luke
body - POTF2 Doda Bodonawieedo

RYKROF ENLOE - In peasant disguise.

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
torso - SAGA2 Tatooine Luke
arms - SAGA Endor Rebel
gloves - SAGA Endor Rebel
tunic/gunbelt - SAGA Djas Puhr
legs - SAGA2 Tatooine Luke

I am pretty darn tired and my hands are killing me from typing all day, so I'll try and add recipes sometime tomorrow.

****edit****recipes added****

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:29 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - 8 new customs 6.27.06
« Reply #2469 on: June 27, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Wow,you...are...AMAZING!Nic e job on all of your stuff.You might be working on the world record for "Most Pages on a Fourm" too. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 27, 2006, 01:04 AM »
I think some of us deserve credit for Chewie's massive thread, considering how much inane chatter we contribute to it.  ;D

Chewie, I like this latest batch. While mostly background characters, they all look great. I would have thought those Sahara and military heads too big for most Star Wars bodies, but you pulled them off quite well.

While it's always good to see another Rykrof, I think Kafrin is my standout favorite of this bunch. The colors go well together, and the parts choice makes him a convincing thug, doomed to low to middle management in the Badoo Corba.  ;)

Ya gots to pimp it like Trofarr if you want to move up to the big time. Oh, and in case I didn't mention it...MORE TROFARR!!!!  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 27, 2006, 01:11 AM »
great update.my only gripe is that the admirals head is shiny.
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 27, 2006, 01:13 AM »

Yeah, but he looks kind of portly. Maybe he sweats a lot.  If you worked for Palpatine, would YOU be dry and secure?  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 27, 2006, 01:16 AM »

would YOU be dry and secure?  :P

-DD
yes
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #2474 on: June 27, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Great set of scouts chew, Great update too.
I like rykrof as a pesant... But i'd be weary of any peasant with double holsters!
Cool stuff.