Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475396 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated 7.17.06
« Reply #2535 on: July 17, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Thanks for the nice words guys.  I really don't think I'm that good, since I can't sculpt.  That's where I think the real artistic side to all of this customizing hobby lies.

As for Jango, I wasn't really too happy with how the armor looked... liked the color, but thought it didn't look like I wanted it to.  So I repainted it a bit, and this pic looks more like what the figure looks like in person.

:)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 17, 2006, 10:57 PM »
That is one heck of a JAngo.  Personally I really love the dark blue jump suit.  Who says all of his jumps are faded.  It looks very sharp with his armor.  ALso that new PN chapter looks spectacular!  Lookin forward to it.
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 18, 2006, 04:18 PM »
WOW! Now that is truly the Ultimate Jango. Great work as always Chewie. What figure is the Helmet from the Dome seems a little higher than I remeber. I like the Darker Color Scheme it gives Jango a  much Grittier look.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Thanks guys, here is the recipe on Jango -

helmet - Gentle Giant Bust Up
torso - VOTC Boba Fett
shoulders/biceps - VOTC Boba Fett
forewarms - Gentle Giant Bust Up
legs - SAGA Jango Fett
jetpack - Gentle Giant Bust Up

Then, here is my entry for the Monthly Customizing Challenge this month -

head - SAGA2 Death Star Gunner
helmet - SAGA2 Death Star Gunner
body - VSTC Scout Trooper
blaster - VSTC Scout Trooper
staff - VSTC Sandtrooper
shield - SAGA McQuarrie Stormtrooper

Not too much to it, which is what I was going for.  Something simple with no painting involved.  That way if it wins the choice security force, it would be a piece of cake replicating it.  And I really don't think these parts are too hard to come by.  Very simple to put together... nothing to it really.  And at first I wasn't going to go for an Imperial look, but I just couldn't help it.  I thought it would help show the Empire's Iron Fist.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated Wednesday 7.19.06
« Reply #2539 on: July 19, 2006, 04:43 AM »
 :-[ i didn't  know the gunner had a removable helmet

hope this bad boy will be sold in France

anyway this a cool imp custom chewie !
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: July 19, 2006, 05:55 AM »
Love the Jango!  I'm working on one right now and I hope it turns out as cool as yours!  Altho I'm taking the easy route and just sticking with a stock VOTC Fett, i agree that the use of the Bust-Ups parts works really well and makes it look much more than just some Boba/Jango repaint.

One question though, did you leave Boba's side pouches on his belt because you liked it better or. . ?  I only ask because I was admiring it and those caught my eye as seeming out of place of what Jango usually has but to be honest, can't say it looks bad tho!

And whats this "not too talented in customizing" crap??? lol.  Just because you don't sculpt doesn't make you any less talented.  Your ability to take parts from 6 different figures and make it look like they all belong to one figure i think is pretty much unrivaled.  And the paintjobs that you do I feel are right on par with Sithfire.  I'm all for people being humble. . .but dang Chewie!  At least acknowledge your obvious TALENT once and a while!!! 

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 19, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Very cool Jango, I really like the color, even if it's not movie-accurate.  I may have to go that route on mine because I can't get the color right :P.

The security force looks great  very simple, very effective.  I think he might have a little too much armor, but it still looks great.

As for the talent thing, I'm with aeseven7, your parts swap ability is unriavled, and your paintjobs are very lifelike, who cares if you don't sculpt when you have all these other great skills?
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 19, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys and nice words.

On the pouches on Jango, I just left them on. For whatever reason I kind of like them on the figure, even though it's not film accurate. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: July 20, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Wow Chewie! I've missed some great stuff. I really like that guy you made for the MCC. Very unique. I wonder how much cooler it would be if the helmet were white instead of black. It would make an interesting twist.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: July 22, 2006, 12:32 PM »
Nice Job Chewie!

UGP Security Force> I like the look of this Custom, but I don't see it as the Local Security it was intended to be, but rather an Imperial Field Gunner. I'd suggest  some Camo paint aps. and putting him and a buddy behind the controls of some sort of Star Wars Howitzer.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 25, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Sorry guys that I've been out of the loop lately.  Here's a new custom that I did over the weekend.

COMMANDER TYRE

head - SAGA McQuarrie Stormtrooper
body - SAGA McQuarrie Stormtrooper
forearms - ROTS #41 Clone Trooper
legs - ROTS #41 Clone Trooper

Then, I masked off the joints and sprayed him with H2O Krylon Satin White Paint.  Allowed for three coats of paint.  After he dried, I detailed the black parts of him jumpsuit and armor, and a marking on his helmet to distinguish him.

I figure this guy runs a group of Stormtroopers on a garrison sometime before the events of ANH.

This guy is for the Customizing Challenges that have just started up at Yak, otherwise I wouldn't have done that to a McQuarrie Stormtrooper.  But I think I like him better this way anyhow.

:wink:

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated Tuesday 7.25.06
« Reply #2546 on: July 25, 2006, 08:24 AM »
 :o You chopped up a Concept Stormie!!???!!  :P

Looks great Chewie -- I wonder if you'll get any hate mail over this one :).  I love the helmet markings -- adds a sinister look to him.  Did you have to do any major re-working to get the Clone legs to fit?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11 AM »
I must admit that I too was surprised to see a Concept trooper custom.  However, given that they are being re-released next year, they may become more prevelant in the fodder bag for anyone not named Chewie :)

I think this trooper is truly excellent.  I love the details painted on the helmet and the parts seem to fit together amazingly well.  Looks like that Krylon spray works great for the white finish.  All in all a superb custom.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: July 26, 2006, 02:19 PM »
The legs didn't have to be reworked at all, which was very nice.  Just a boil-n-pop!  Same goes for the forwarms... I might have had to drill a bit there, but it was minimal.

I had been wanting to do something like this for a while, and since the figure is being re-released, I figured why not just go for it.

If things go according to plan, I will have at least 5 new customs up by Friday.  And a redone photonovel of #7 - CHAOS as well as #22 ELIMINATION up within a week.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 26, 2006, 03:52 PM »
If things go according to plan, I will have at least 5 new customs up by Friday.  And a redone photonovel of #7 - CHAOS as well as #22 ELIMINATION up within a week.

I knew Chewie's silence would result in more productivity :)