Thanks Anton. Also, looks like I'm due for an update... not much but hang on tight anyway!Jobo the Ithorian
- Look for this guy to eventually appear in a photonovel.
head - SAGA2 Hammerhead
torso - SAGA Dengar
arms - TAC Galactic Marine
runic - SAGA2 Hammerhead
hands - SAGA2 Hammerhead
legs - TAC Roron Corobb
feet - TAC Roron CorobbJenesa
- Twilek lady who lives on Coruscant, for the Rykrof Enloe series.
head - POTF2 Ooola
arms - POTF2 Endor leia
torso - Annika figure
legs - Pirates Elizabeth SwanVampire Imps
- Made for the Halloween Yakfinities theme this month, but I think I'll also end up using these guys in a photonovel.
head - Van Helsing bat creature
hands - Van Helsing bat creature
torso - TAC Jawa
wrappings - TAC Asharad HettHan Solo
- Bespin gear, and I actually tried using the torso from the SAGA2 Carbonite Han as the base for this figure but it didn't turn out well at all. So I tried using the parts below instead - it's not perfect but I do like it enough until Hasbro makes a definitive version.
head - VOTC Han
torso - VSTC Endor Han
arms - TAC Bespin Han
jacket - TAC Bespin Han
legs - VSTC Endor Han
holster - VSTC Endor HanLuke Skywalker
- In ROJ Final Duel gear, this isn't perfect but good enough for my diorama of him fighting Vader. I had to insert a plastic rod between the torso and crotch piece since the Palpatine figure doesn't have a peg in the crotch.
head - TAC Jedi Luke
torso - TAC Jedi Luke
arms - TAC Jedi Luke
hands - TAC Jedi Luke
crotch - ROTS Prisoner Palpatine
legs - ROTS Prisoner PalpatineCZ-22
- Just a droid cobbled together from the new 4-LOM figure - taking apart the 4-LOM is very tricky because of the way he is constructed - I wouldn't recommend trying to take that figure apart after what I went through on this one.
head - TAC CZ-4
rest - TAC CZ-4/TAC 4-LOM kitbashCZ-3 and CY-12
- The first one is meant to represent the CZ droid we see in ANH. All I did was use some Goof Off on him to remove some of Hasbro's paint, then touch up with regular acrylic paint on the eyes. The second droid is a fan fiction one, just repainted.
parts used - TAC CZ-4
This second pic shows a comparison of the CZ type droids I've customized over the past month or so. The first one on the left is an unaltered Hasbro version.Marvel Style Duros
- I had a leftover Duros just sitting in a box that I had tried painting about 5 years ago, that looked awful. Finally I decided to give him a bit of a Marvel style look from the late 1970 Star Wars comics.
parts used - POTJ Ellors MadakB-3PO
- This is a fan fiction droid, I kind of remember seeing something simlar to this paint scheme on a droid back in my childhood from the old Marvel comics. In addition to the Star Wars parts, I used some real wiring to make him look like he's falling apart.
head - TAC Jabba's Palace C-3PO
torso - TAC CZ-4
left arm - TAC CZ-4
right shoulder - TAC 4-LOM
legs - TAC CZ-4Creipus
- This guy is my second entry for YAK BASH this month. He's a fan fiction alien that will show up in the Rykrof Enloe series. Might not look like much, but I actually painted the shirt several layers to get it the color tone I liked; which is a subtle difference from the base figure. I realize the hands aren't from a squid head, but I like this change for some reason.
head - POTJ Tessek
hands - POFT Hammerhead
torso - ROTS Plo Koon
arms - ROTS Plo Koon
legs - ROTS Count DookuGivin Berserker
- Here's another entry for this month's Yakfinities. I might throw this guy into the Rykrof Enloe series at some point.
head - TAC Elis Helrot
hands - TAC Elis Helrot
hood - ROTS Bust Up Mustafar Anakin
torso - TAC Umpass Stay
arms - TAC Umpass Stay
skirt - VSTC Tusken Raider
legs - POTF2 Pote SnikinGran Badoo Corba Troopers
head - ROTS Ask Aak
hands - TAC Umpass Stay
rest - TAC Koffi AranaRykrof Enloe
head - SAGA Endor Rebel
arms - TAC Lando
torso - ROTS Prisoner Palpatine
legs - ROTS Prisoner Palpatine
hands - TAC McQuarrie Luke
belt - TAC Baron FelAlyssa Enloe
head - GI JOE Bombstrike
torso - TAC Bultar Swan
arms - TAC Bultar Swan
legs - TAC McQuarrie Luke
I'm aslo working on the sets for the next photonovel chapter, and it's taking me a lot of time. Chapter 22 will have a focus on events on Naboo and to do this, I need to create the Enloe Homestead as well as some landscape, and possibly even part of the Theed Palace interior.
So, here's where I started with the homestead, after about six hours of cutting, measuring, glueing and sanding styrene -
I'm going to make it two sided - the front will be the outside portion of the homestead, with the back being the interior. It's going to end up taking up too much room (and time and money) if I try and make it much bigger, so I'll use some digital trickery to try and make the house itself appear larger than it really is.
The next thing I did was add some balsa wood to it to give the appearance of a roof. Then, I added some wood paneling to give some extra details. After that, painting and adding greenery.
Here's where I'm at on the homestead - still have a few touches to add, but for the most part the actual building is complete.
I went the easy way and made this kind of modular - the front is an outside wall to the home, the back is part of the interior. I went with just one wall because I'll be only using this for a couple shots in the next photonovel.
I need to get to work now on some small details as well as working on the landscaping. Hopefully by the end of November the homestead will be complete... I haven't done too many projects like this so it's not turning out as good as I hoped it might but it's been fun and a learning experience.
I am considering using magnets to make pieces of the interior removable (windows, panels, pictures, etc.) so I can make it look like it's more than one room.
I also worked on my custom of Caldin Enloe last night for several hours - it's almost done... ignore the picture of that baby in the picture, all I ended up using from it are the hands.