Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475145 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.04.05
« Reply #825 on: September 4, 2005, 10:38 PM »
That's a good theory too Perennial. 

I agree that ultimately the "real" reason we are supposed to see all white Stormtroopers later on is definitely an influence of Palpatine's by having them lose all individuality.  But I do suppose there could be other colors of Stormtroopers some too on certaint planets (like Coruscant).

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 4, 2005, 10:50 PM »
I find Perennials' theory on the stormtroopers to be be pretty plausible, actually.

As for the new additions, Chewie, I like all the Jedi quite a bit. I agree that Shundi needs a little something to tie the back hood to the rest of the costume, but otherwise, he looks great. Mace looks well done as well, but that new Jedi looks pretty intense...I'm looking forward to him showing up in the series. Let's hope he does better than Caron L'luh. (I think that was his name...)

The droids look nice as well. I never really thought about it but a lot of those old COBRA heads WOULD make pretty good droids. The repainted Star Tours droid, while simple, makes sense as well. Both are very cool.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 5, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Thanks DD.  I haven't established how much of a story that Jedi will have.  He has very limited poseability, so he's probably going to be a background Jedi.  Nothing too major for him.  But Kala Mly Shundi will have a lot of action coming to him soon.  A ton of action actually.

So, I'm working on this next photonovel still.  This chapter will be one of the shorter ones most likely, but I think it will hold heavy bearing on the overall scope of the Rykrof Enloe saga.  Here's one more sneak preview.  This is just a boring one, I don't want to give anything else away from this story until it's completed -

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 9.05.05
« Reply #828 on: September 5, 2005, 05:00 PM »
heychew any of your rykrof super articulated clone bodies. if they are how long did the neck post have to be to fit correctly?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 5, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Hi Smarty.  I'm made two Rykrof's in clone armor... neither of them have neck articulation unfortunately.  I've had to drill holes for both of them in the neck area of the clone body, then unfortunately had to glue them in place.  Bah!   :-\

Both of them are SA clones by the way... and eventually I'll make one with an articulated head.   :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #830 on: September 5, 2005, 05:24 PM »
ok thanks yah i was wondering because im puttin a ton of dif heads in armor.         

so i just wanted to know how deep the plastic went so i coud figure out if i needed to lengthen or shorten the neck post

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 5, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Well what I've found is that removing the neck knob on the Clones with a pair of pliers, and then drilling a small hole for the neck peg works best for me.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #832 on: September 5, 2005, 06:43 PM »
I've found that cutting off the neck peg (I use an X-Acto knife instead of pliers, but either way works fine) and replacing it with a neck peg from the AT-TE Tank Gunner (just cut it off and glue it onto the #41 Clone) works perfectly.  You could cut the neck peg off of any human character (like if you have an extra Bail or Obi-Wan from the Jedi vs. Sith Battlepack) and glue it onto the #41 body.  Then you can hollow out the original head (like Rykrof's) and you have a ball-jointed head. 
An easier way would be to use the Ep. II Clone from the Clone Evolutions Set, pop off the Clone head, and hollow out Rykrof's head and pop it back on.  Of course, I'd rather sacrifice an AT-TE Tank Gunner and a #41 Clone than one of my precious Evo. Clones  ;)

When I made my Obi-Wan in Clone Armor, I cut off the #6 neck-ball-joint and cut out a small hole (since the body is hollow, there is already a hole, you might need to widen it a bit) and then popped in the ROTS Obi-Wan head after soaking the clone body in hot water for a couple of minutes.   I had stupidly cut off Obi-Wan's neck peg, so I used a small screw and stuck it into Obi-Wan's head as a substitute peg and that worked fine.

Sorry if my explanations are a bit on the rambling side, I've been hitting the books pretty hard today so my brain is a bit friend  :(
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #833 on: September 5, 2005, 06:55 PM »

Sorry if my explanations are a bit on the rambling side, I've been hitting the books pretty hard today so my brain is a bit friend  :(

That'll do it. In fact I probably should do some reading......
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #834 on: September 5, 2005, 07:10 PM »
well what i mean is when you drill te hole how thick is the plastic like from outside to inside once you cut of the ball ???

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 5, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Great explanation Gregorbian.  I'll need to use your method in the future.

Smarty, the plastic under that thick neck knob is pretty hollow.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #836 on: September 5, 2005, 07:46 PM »
Great explanation Gregorbian.  I'll need to use your method in the future.

Smarty, the plastic under that thick neck knob is pretty hollow.

Yup, probably less than a millimeter.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 6, 2005, 12:11 AM »
Alright, I'm so close to having the next photonovel finished!  All photography/editing is done.  Now I just have to get the script inserted.  Will be either tonight or tomorrow night!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 6, 2005, 12:29 AM »
And the masses cried out, "Former! Former!" and so Justin posted his story, and it was good. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 6, 2005, 02:12 AM »
Ok, I caved in... it's up.  Here's a preview for what you will see -