Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474647 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 4.21.05
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2005, 04:33 AM »
not sure what is pote snitkin on him, looks like the ishi tib to me, the body and legs i mean.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2005, 05:24 AM »
You're right on that; the body is Ishi Tib. I was referring to the missle-looking thing...that's Pote Snitkin's weapon.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Thanks guys.  Good job on figuring out the parts used.

RULIN - Basically a Myo body w/ Endor Rebel gloves.  The neck peg is still on there, all I did was glue on a mask that came with an army figure at TRU, and add a helmet.  Then I painted him dark gray and maroon in certain areas, and added in a dry brush of white, then after it dried, some silver too to bring out the details.  I figure he'll be a bounty hunter or some merc.  And yeah, I like him enough to make him a semi-important photonovel character.

SPICE MINER - Yeah, an Ishi Tib body (the body that you sent me Dimetrodon), with Myo head.  Then repainted him, added the backpack and spare parts to him to make him look like he's been busy working.  The backpack I've had for quite a while; I didn't realize this was the same kind that DD was using for his Wookiee Zalbarr because he painted his red.  Maybe I'll paint mine too someday.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Yep, that's the one! Although if you're still looking to make a Zaalbar of your own, an Episode I accessory pack has straps that look almost identical to Zaalbars. I went with the ones from the BBI figure because I just wanted a little more detail on them.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Thanks... I'll keep that in mind.  Zalbarr is one my to-do list, but unfortunately I have a few custom projects for a friend that I need to work on first.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Oooooooh, whatcha workin' on?

Sneak preview, please... ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Oh, nothing that I haven't done before actually.  A local buddy wants me to "replicate" some of my customs for him.  Basically, I told him I'd get the following figures copied and made for him -

I'm actually dreading it some... I always feel pressured when making customs for other people.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Geez I go away for the week end and look what I miss! :)

That miner is really cool looking he looks like a miner. Great choice of accessories and the body looks good as well.

Rulin- Very cool He looks very Star Warsy, I can't wait to see the guy in action. I really like the head. Very creative use of parts, and the drybrushing is phenomonal as usuall.

I finally got myself the Cantina wave at C3 so I'm not jealous anymore. ;) :)

"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Thanks SLC.  Glad you were able to get the Cantina wave.  They are such cool figures.  I wish they were easier to get.  Especially the Gotal and Myo.  Really awesome figures for customs too.

Stay tuned, there should be an update soon showing the customs/main characters for each photonovel.  I hope the pics don't look cheesy.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2005, 11:52 PM »
I just thought I let you know you converted me. I opened all my ROTS fig and I opened all the stuff I got at C3, sans the Vader, it feels great!!! ;D And I have more figures to play with too! :) I got an SA clone at C3 too, and I'll open my other one when I get home from school,now I can't be jealous anymore! :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 27, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Really?  Very cool!  Opening is so much fun.  Very little of this stuff is gonna be worth too much down the road anyway.  Might as well get the full extent of the fun out of one's collection.   :)

And don't be jealous.  I'm a very poor man because of this habit.   I have nothing but my wife, house, dogs and toys.  ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 27, 2005, 12:24 AM »
I have nothing but my car, toys, toys, toys.

Wow.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Yeah that's what I figured :) Now I've got a couple hundred carded figs toopen. I found a way to open them neatly So I can stick them back on the card and display them carded as well and the card doesn't look too bad. I'll probably only open some at first and eventually open more as I get more shelve space and make some real dioramas to put them in, but eventually I'll probaly open most of them. :)

I've got tons of toys, a really ****** car and I mean ******, and a dog that my parents pay for, I still have yet to get my own house but at the rateI spend money on these damn toys I'm on pace to be a stereotypical geek ;) :P
"This is the way."

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 27, 2005, 01:01 AM »
I have nothing but my car, toys, toys, toys.

Wow.

Kevin

I have a car, friends, and too many toys.

i also have a lot of respect for chewies customs  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2005, 02:29 AM »
Heh.  You guys are funny.   :)

Decided to go ahead and make a casting group for the characters from each photonovel series, as I am slowly going back and re-editing Parts 1-5, starting with Crisis on Abridon.  The changes are small for the most part, but I really think they make them look much, much better, and don't interfere with the storyline.

Anyways, here is the first cast group.  If you haven't read the first photonovel, you may not have seen all of these.  The "Special Edition" of this one will be done very soon -

CRISIS ON ABRIDON

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 03:00 PM by CHEWIE »