Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 470911 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 7.09.05
« Reply #570 on: July 10, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Everything is on heavy duty shelving units like you see at Lowes or Home Depot... I'll try and get some pics up soon!

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 7.11.05
« Reply #571 on: July 11, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Here's a few more that I did last night and this morning.  Last day of vacation, so I won't have as much time to make more for a bit, especially as I am planning on starting up the next photonovel soon.

Kitonak Dancer

Groon

Ortolan Slob

Aqualish Peasant

Dark Trooper

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2005, 02:53 PM »
Great stuff as always CHEWIE!
I really like that Felucia scene, but I agree with DD, you should add some mushrooms and some more foliage for the background/base.  Still, it looks great!
I like your latest customs as well (obviously!  ;))
What is the head on Groon?  I don't recognize it...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 11, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Thanks Gregorbian.

The Felucia scene actually has about 10 mushrooms that can't be seen due to the extra foliage I added to it (they are covered up) - I'll probably add a few more soon.

The Groon head came from a Star Trek figure called Morn.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Awesome stuff as always chewie, loving Felucia.  Awesome Dark Trooper.  Seeing a custom stormie again especially a non-VOTC one reminds of how out of league they are compared to all the custom clones.  so many more opportunies with clones just in articulation alone.  look at all the refernce material we have with clones so much to work with.  what do we have to work with stormies?  Blackhole troops, dark troops, what else is there really that Hasbro hasn't made?  My clone army would kick my stormie army's A$$.  and not just in size.  though I'm not a real fan of EU they don't give us many ideas to create different kinds of troops when there are so many possibilities as ROTS has shown us.  I seriously hope that in the future we get VOTC quality stormie at a cheaper price.  Something like what's coming out with the evolutions pack is a good start.     
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 11, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Female kitonak... shudder..

Groon, well I guess Star Trek does pull its weight for something. hehe. I think he's real cool

Otolan Slob is just a great name, and the Aqualish is soem nice backgroud figure stuff.

The Darktrooper, now thats a cool one. Not exactly accurate but thats not the point, it looks very cool, and an interesting design. And if I had to guess, is he weilding a Chewbacca POTF2 rifle?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 11, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Thanks Dimetrodon.  You hit the nail on the head on the Darktrooper, he's not meant to be accurate by EU means, but rather a CHEWIE fan-fic idea.

Jedipurge, I had contemplated using some sort of Clonetrooper body for the Darktrooper.  I just wasn't sure what to use.  I have about 100 of the CT Stormtroopers, so I figured I'd use one of them as a base body.

I guess I should have posted a recipe for each figure:

KITONAK DANCER -

Obviously from the pig musician in the Max Rebo band.  I added a skirt to him, and painted some lipstick and finger/toe nails to make "him" a "her."  I guess now he's a "he-she" and very disgusting.  But some fat aliens in the Star Wars universe like obese hogs.

GROON -

I'm not a Star Trek fan at all, but in one of Lance Quazar's chapters in his photonovel stories, I spotted this alien and asked him about it.  He told me it was actually "Morn" from the Star Trek Deep Space Nine series.  I overpaid for one on ebay, and made him into a Star Wars character using the head on an Ask Aak body w/ Dexter Jetster arms.  I actually used the Morn torso and legs a while back when making this Wookiee -

ORTOLAN SLOB

"Ortolan" is actually his species name, but I think I will just name him "Slob" for when he's in a photonovel.  Just a Max Rebo heavily repainted with dry brushing.

AQUALISH PEASANT

Ponda Baba head and arms on the Rodian from the Max Rebo band and repainted.  Easy enough.  He'll be in the Rykrof Enloe series someday.  Don't have a name yet... maybe "Alish."

DARK TROOPER

Bust-Up Stormtrooper head on the CT Stormtrooper body and a Jango Fett backpack w/ a lightsaber hilt for the rocket.  Spray painted jet black and then with a blue tint added.  Then detaild the eyes and certain areas with black paint with a brush.  Might make one more later on.  Definitely photonovel material.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 11, 2005, 06:18 PM »
That's a crazy big lot of customs you've shelled out! I love the DarkTrooper, although I feel as if a POTF2 Stormie wiuld have been a better choice for the body because of the Darktrooper's sheer bulkiness.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Thanks Perennial.  I had considered that, but didn't like the lack of articulation.   :(

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Thanks Perennial.  I had considered that, but didn't like the lack of articulation.   :(

Oh, that's true. I love articulation as well, so I can relate :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 7.19.05
« Reply #580 on: July 18, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Here's my latest for the Group Project that Master_Phruby and Glassman are doing -

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #581 on: July 19, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Nice work CHEWIE! 
Is that a Meena Tillis head, Ceremony Leia body/torso, and Ackbar forearms?

Great stuff, but you should make that scarf thing that goes on the head!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #582 on: July 19, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Excellent work there Chewie.

On the issue of figure display, I went to the smaller diorama scenes, also. I got a pretty good deal from Big Lots on those CD towers, slapped 7 of them side by side and wa-la; instant mini diorama. Of course, with that, is the overjoyed task of doing 49 mini-dios  :o (when I am not cussing on the Falcon project for the photonovel). I am such an OCD Narcissist.
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 19, 2005, 09:38 AM »
It's Lobster Woman! You did a great job on her. I like the sculpted hands and the dress really kicks. Excellent paint job! See its not so hard. ;D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 19, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Phruby - I guess that sculpting wasn't so hard.  I did a good job I think on her left wrist, but the right one is too bulky... another reason why I like the gown on her.

Fister - I would really like to see some pics of those CD towers you are referring to.

Gregorbian - The forearms are actually sculpted from super sculpy.  Learning as I go with that stuff.  I might try the blue scarf thing someday.   ;)