Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475768 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.11.05
« Reply #870 on: September 11, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Diddly, actually there was a reference pic of me that I posted, it's the one with PI K A on it a few pages back.

SLC, all of those customs will have homes in the photonovel series, but the custom Jedi won't be "me" in the series... it just feels weird showing myself in something like that, so I think it will be some other character.  Probably a minor character at that.

And yeah, I had fun with that pic of Rykrof's wife lying in bed.  I realize it doesn't look great, but it took quite a while to do and I thought it might help show what Rykrof's missing out on.

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 11, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Great update on the figures Chewie... I like the mechanic guy. I love those background characters with no names  :P

The Jedi looks good too, as well as Bail. The Saga head was sooo much better than the ROTS head for him. The ROTS figure reminds me of one of the generic Vulcan's on the old school Star Trek show for some reason. That may be stretching it a bit, but it looks absolutely nothing like Jimmy Smits.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 11, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Thanks Jokabofe.  I agree that the SAGA head seems to be a better match for Bail Organa.

I wish that I could get that pic of Alyssa in bed to look a little better, but when I try to sharpen the image, it gets too pixelated.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #873 on: September 11, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Great update CHEWIE!
The custom of yourself turned out very well; even if it was just a random extra head, it still has a pretty decent resemblance to your ref. pic (at least as good as most of hasbro's attempts at likenesses anyway)

The Bail is great as well, I agree with some of the other comments that it's good to see characters in more than their requisite "one" outfit.

That mechanic is very cool!  Where do you get the XD Soldiers?  Are they the same as BBi figures (like the Navy Seal Breacher)?  I've heard people talking about these figures but have yet to see any...
Anyway, the custom turned out great, I can definitely see him in a hangar bay or something like that, nice work!

Nice job on Rykrof's wife too  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 11, 2005, 03:44 PM »
The XD figures are sometimes found at Walmart these days, but they used to be in abundance at TRU until about a year and a half ago.

I've completed some more groundwork on the next photonovel, and I have a new program that I am going to experiment with some for lighting effect.  It's hard to use.  So I'll still use my regular program that I've been using for most of it, but will do some additional lighting like I did with the Alyssa in bed pic. Here's another pic that I made today, showcasing Coeli's awesome AT-TE.

And I was able to sharpen up the Alyssa pic just a bit.  Not as much as I'd like, but it's a little more clear.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 03:48 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2005, 03:43 AM »
Wow! Lots of new customs to comment on! Where to begin:

Demonic Palpatine: I didn't really like the way this figure looked until you posted the pic with the hood on. Once I saw the hooded pic, I realized how awesome the paint job was in bringing out the sculpted details, and bringing that decrepit old jerk to life. Great, great custom!

Ki Adi Mundi: Nice to see someone do a custom of him and give him some different duds. I really like the blue pic, and I'm pro-hat. I remember the comic you're refering to (It was the "Outlander" storyline that introduced A'Sharad Hett) and I liked the hat then too. Nice job.

Jedi Jus'Tinn Cook: I like it a lot, the drybrushing is great, and the head was a good choice. Don't know why you look so worried though.  ;)

Aqualish Senator: Great use of the crappy Palpatine body. You're really good at recycling bodies and making me realize theirs good uses for things in my fodder bin that I've deemed crap. I like the paint job...you made him look substantially different from Ponda Baba. And the hands are fine...big hands, I know you're the one. (Mad props to the first person who gets that reference...)

Bail Organa: Nice to see one of these pegwarmers is off the shelves. Actually, I think I like this one more than Hasbro's version. Good to see he's not always in the same outfit.  ;D

Mechanic: Yet another great background character that makes sense in the SW universe. You excel at these guys. One day I'll have to write a story about the life of one of the random mugs populating the bacground of your photonovels.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2005, 01:38 PM »
RX Bandits?

:-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2005, 08:59 PM »
A great new batch of customs, Chewie!!

Well done!

I really like the Ki Adi Mundi and think the hat looks great.  I remember seeing the comic book you referred to.  He did kinda have a hat that looked like that.  It looks very natural on him, not at all out of place.

The Chewie Jedi custom is great, too.  And it looks a lot like your picture!  Nice job.

I think the hands ARE a tad too big on the Aqualish, but the rest of the figure looks just fine.  That Palpatine body is a great fit for a Separatist leader.  Another imaginative use of parts.

Which brings us to Organa.  This is such a seamless integration of parts, it really looks like it could have been made by Hasbro.  Again, you have a terrific eye for this kind of thing - putting together new figures from existing parts with flair and ingenuity.

Always great to see your amazing designs! 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 12, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Thanks Lance, I'm glad that the Bail turned out like it did.  It seems like a good parts match, and I'm happy with this figure.  I was going to dry brush him slightly, and might still do that.

And I reworked that Alyssa Enloe pic a bit.

And, for fun, a couple of guys made other versions of her.  These are hilarious, the first is by Glassman -

And then by Shellachead -

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 10:23 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 13, 2005, 12:25 AM »
And here's one more preview... I might show one more before the story is up... still a lot of work to do on it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated preview Tuesday 9.13.05
« Reply #880 on: September 13, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Hmmm, it looks ok, but Dooku seems to be a bit cross-eyed.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 13, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Yeah, he does look a little cross eyed.  I was proud of the picture until you pointed that out.   ;)

It's kind of difficult adding in some "real" features to some of the faces... I like doing it though in some cases to add a little more life to the characters.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 13, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I still like it. You gave him a striking resemblance to Christopher Lee. I wish my photo editing skills were that good :P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #883 on: September 13, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Yeah, he does look a little cross eyed.  I was proud of the picture until you pointed that out.   ;)

It's kind of difficult adding in some "real" features to some of the faces... I like doing it though in some cases to add a little more life to the characters.

Oh don't get me wrong I reeally like how you add the expressions it makes them seem so much more realistic. This shot is excellent, I'd just fix the eyes and it'd be perfect. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 14, 2005, 12:19 AM »
You're really "whoring" that Alyssa pic, aren't you CHEWIE? :-*

And that Dooku is very realistic!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks