Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472204 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.25.05
« Reply #945 on: September 25, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Thanks guys.  Senator Tame Heem would definitely have some sort of underwear on, he just doesn't have pants.  It's more or less a casual outfit for his non-public appearances.

For the Bounty Hunter Saito Rest, I have taken some advice and repainted him some. 

And I decided it was time to make a couple of Alderaan Guards.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #946 on: September 25, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Wow he looks much better. :) I'm glad you went with a non-colorful look. The clone trooper gloves look really good on him too. Is there a face under the helmet?

I like the Alderaan Guards but I think I would have used a different holster, one less falical. :P

Tame Heem and the Niemodian look great. I really like that pale blue color.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 04:27 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #947 on: September 25, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I am really digging the new version of Saito Rest, they are subtle, but I think the changes make the guy a whole lot better.

The Alderaanian guards are very cool too.  Good use for that figure  :)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 25, 2005, 07:59 PM »
I think Tame Heem uses the torso from Ketwol, and skirt from ROTS Mace Windu, if I'm not mistaken. Very nice, Chewie... even though Heem is a filthy traitor!  ;D

Saito Rest looks a lot better, in my opinion. Still subdued, but now the armor looks like separate pieces, which it didn't before. Vastly improved, says I. Went from a B- to an A+ in my book.

The Alderaanian guards look really nice too... once again, your drybrushing the details sets these above Hasbro's crap. Great work!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten commenting on Rykrof #14... it's just I have to have the time to do it in-depth.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 25, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Thanks guys.  Actually, Tame Heem is a friend of Rykrof, and did go back to the Republic in the story "Aggressive Negotiations."  He was being pressured by the Separatists to support their cause in "Traitor Within" which was the story prior to his turning back to the Republic.  Tame Heem will have an impact on future events as well. 

And I appreciate all of the feedback on these latest customs, see how much I can get done on a weekend when I'm not working on a photonovel!   ;)

A while back I made a custom Darktrooper, and the pic I had provided wasn't the best.  So I made a new pic and decided this will be my contribution to the Disaster Relief Charity Auction.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 25, 2005, 10:20 PM »
As you can see, I still haven't forgiven Tame Heem.  :P

The paintjob on the Darktrooper custom is amazing! How did you do it?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 25, 2005, 10:53 PM »
I guess Tame Heem is a bit of a shady character, but it has always been for what he thought was best for his people.

The Darktrooper was actually mostly spray painted with expensive spray paints.  And then detailed with black acrylic paint for areas like the helmet.  I didn't know if I wanted to give this one up, but I figured it's for a good cause and I do have the parts to make a couple more for my own collection someday.

And here is Nollis Faul, a fan fic bounty hunter for the Rykrof Enloe series.

That's it, I made a lot of customs this weekend.  And I'm broke as a joke right now.  Might be time for me to put a few on ebay, which I am seriously considering now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 25, 2005, 10:54 PM »
I love it all! I like how the Mandalorian isn't in traditional armor. He looks kind of chubby though. The senator and commander are pretty neat for what they are, as are the Tantive soldiers. The Darktrooper is great!

And you just added the bounty hunter! He looks really neat and mean. You keep adding so many characters to RE, it's hard to keep up!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 25, 2005, 10:55 PM »
I've heard some broke ass jokes. ;)

What did you do to his blaster? Play by play, please?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 25, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize how many customs I had completed this weekend and posted.  So, here's a quick summary so anyone jumping in now might not need to go back any pages.  I'll run through each one again, with detailed recipes if anyone wants them.

Field Commander Snodd

Made for the Rykrof Enloe series, he is a Field Commander in the Nemoidian Military serving Count Dooku.  He is made from a Dannik Jerriko and Nemoidian Warrior.  The helmet is from the SAGA Ewok drum set that has a Death Star helmet on it.  Then I gave him a wash and a bit of a dry brush to make at least a little wear on his outfit.

Tame Heem

One of my favorites I've made in some while.  He is a consistent character in the photonovel series, showing up in about half of the stories.  As a senator, he usually is all dressed up for show, but here is this guy in more casual attire when he's not out in the public.  Made from the Ketwol torso and arms, a Hammerhead for the head, hands and legs, and a Mace Windu tunic.  Then painted blue and lighty dry brushed.

Saito Rest

Part of this month's customizing challenge.  He is a bounty hunter who has ties to the Badoo Corba for the photonovel series.  And he is made from a Jango Fett helmet, Clonetrooper hands, SAGA Snowtrooper torso, and an XD figure for the arms and legs.  Painted several coats, and dry brushed.

Alderaan Troops

I guess these are more or less guards at Bail Organa's estate or something.  They will definitely be in the series.  Made from the ROTS Antilles body, then one of them has a Faytonni head.  The other is still the Antilles head, but with a goatee to make it be a different looking character.  Had to scalp the heads pretty good to get the helkmets to glue on right (helmets from POTJ Fleet Troopers) and then painted the helmets, chin straps, and a bit of a wash/dry brush on the uniforms to make them look a little less plastic.

Darktrooper

This one was shown a couple months back actually, but I decided to take better pics of him for the Charity Auction.  Just a CT Stormtrooper, Bust Up Stormtrooper head, and a Jango Fett backpack w/ minor adjustments to it.  Then dry sprayed dark blue and black at the same time, then black acrylic paint on the needed mask/under armor areas.  I'll make a couple more of them probably, and someday down the road, they will appear in a photonovel.

Nollis Faul

Another entry for this month's customizing challenge.  Kinda liked how he turned out.  Just a VOTC Han Solo, with Endor Soldier gloves and a Captain Typho helmet.  Repainted quite a bit.  His gun was just some blaster I had in a box of weapons, then I dry brushed it with light tan paint.

It felt good to get some customs done this weekend, very relaxing and a nice break from the photonovels.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #955 on: September 25, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Wow!  What a great figure!

I love the use of the nemoidian head and the DS trooper helmet.  The hookah clasp on his leg works graet for a stun baton holder.

I also really dig the Alderaanian tropers... might have to do that with the one of those peg-warming Bails.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #956 on: September 26, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Since you've repainted Saito Rest, I really like him.  There's something really cool about him (he has that Boba Fett pre-EU/pre-AotC mystery to him). 

What jetpack is that on the darktrooper?  It looks like a Boba Fett jetpack, but the missile looks different.... ???
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Greg, the jetpack for the Darktrooper is just a Jango Fett backpack, with the missle removed and a lightsaber handle replacing the missle.

And I have started on the script for the 15th story in the Rykrof Enloe series... I think this is going to be a hard story to do but it should be fun.  It will definitely be the biggest one yet.  It will be titled "Edge of Death."  I might be able to start on it this week, but it's going to be at least 3-4 weeks before I get it completed.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 27, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Due to financial problems, these figures are being sold on ebay.  I hate to do it but I have little choice right now.  These are all ones that I could probably remake eventually.  I doubt they will go for too much, but every little bit helps.   :-\

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 28, 2005, 12:07 AM »
Wow, I love them all, can you PM your ebay link to me?