Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474174 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 10.03.05
« Reply #975 on: October 4, 2005, 12:30 AM »
Thanks both of you.  And yes, the background is indeed digital in that shot.  The floor is real, and so is the platform that Sidious is on.  But the wall itself is digital.

And what the hell... two more preview pics from #15.  I got a lot done on this story today!

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #976 on: October 4, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Really like the console chewie, very cool...Where do you keep all this stuff?? :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 4, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Thanks Glassman.  Owen D actually made that for me (along with a lot of other things).

I am very fortunate that my wife lets me have a Star Wars room, where all of the stuff is set up on shelves.  Here's a peek into my Star Wars room.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 4, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Awesome setup Chewie.  I like that shuttle - beautiful weathering job.  I do covet thine possessions! 

That shelving you use, is that the same kind I could get at Walmart, Target, or a hardware store?

B

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 4, 2005, 03:13 PM »
I actually didn't weather the shuttle any, that's how Hasbro made it.  They did a great job on it.

I bought all of the shelves at Lowes Hardware Stores.  They run about $70.00 each.  I have 6 of them, packed to the max.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 4, 2005, 03:48 PM »
chewie once again total admiration of your collection.  while i was staring and drooling over it i noticed the Quarren you have that look like from the clone wars cartoon, and also you have a fig. with a red saber between a$$ kicked Ani and holo sids who is that?  and one more quick question the luke you have dueling vader in Bespin dio is that a custom or standard fig any closeup's of these figs i mentioned would be greatly appreciated.  the seats that Rykrof is sitting are those the same design as the niub numb's, spelling?, used in his DS conf room because they look really great and add just that much more detail to the shot.  is that like a sat. dish next to the shuttle i could totally see that being in a shot from the movies.  i have so many comments/questions/requests for closeups on all your stuff i could fill up this board so i better stop while i'm ahead.  great stuff can't wait for #15 to be up and ready.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 5, 2005, 11:19 AM »
jedipurge, I will try and answer your questions.   :)

Quarrens - These excellent figures were made for me by Owen D at www.owenscustoms.com - here is a good pic of them from his site.

Sora Bulq - That is the figure with the red saber.  It's a custom that I made.  Here is a better pic of him in the latest photonovel.

Bespin Luke - That is a custom - I don't have any new pics of him yet, but I will try and do so soon!

Chairs - Yep, Owen D made those for me.  They work out well for a lot of miscellaneous dioramas.

Satellite - Owen D made that for me too!  It's a removable radar dish.  It's outstanding work by him.

And what the heck... one more preview for #15.... which is over half way done now.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 10.05.05
« Reply #982 on: October 5, 2005, 11:30 AM »
I remember those Quarrens, They still look great.

Great action/ preview shot!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 5, 2005, 11:39 AM »
I like that Nimo warrior. When you make interior shots, do you build physical sets or photoshop them together? How much of the picture with Dooku and the weequy is real?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 5, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Thanks Glassman and Phruby.

When I make pics for the photonovels, I try and use as many real elements as I can.  I take the pics in a real environment, but add in some backgrounds when needed.

For example, this shot is 100% real, except the Battle Droid leg was added in digitally -

For this pic, everything is real, except for the mud and the green leaves.

Everything is real here except for the wall.

In this one, the water and green leaves/purple flower things were added in digitally.

Everything is real in this pic, except for the "shade" thing on the window.

This pic has quite a bit of digital additions.

This was my most complex pic yet.  All that is real is the figures, some of the mountains, the yellowish shrub things and part of the fort.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 5, 2005, 12:18 PM »
What would be cool to see is a wide angle shot of the set where we can see the box this is all setup in. Kind of a behind the scenes shot.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline MasterYogurt

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 5, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Those customs look fantastic!I also like the way you photograph them. You must have alot of free time on your hands and from the look of things you spend it wisely. Keep those customs coming.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 5, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Ok, I will do some "in progress" shots.  That would be kind of fun.

Yogurt - Welcome!  I don't have as much free time as I'd like, but I do spend my spare time customizing quite a bit.  I do work 45 hours a week, and am married (no kids ...yet).  But for the past 5 or so years, I have spent 2-3 nights a week after I get home from work to devote a few hours to this insane hobby.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #988 on: October 5, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Jeez CHEWIE - those shots are getting better and better!
I think I left off at Photonovel #6, so I really need to catch up!  I'm missing out!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 6, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Yeah Greg, get caught up!   ;)  And if you want to give an analysis or thoughts on each one in their thread, please do; I would love to hear what you have to say about them.

Per Phruby's request, I made a before and after pic.  And yes, this is the last preview for #15.   ;)