Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475163 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS -updated 10.30.05
« Reply #1140 on: November 1, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Not really a big update of my own, but I had to show the Cody I got from Owen D. recently alongside a second Obi Wan I've repainted. 

Also, Famine suggested I start making some more obscure characters again, so I took his advice.  I figure even on Bespin, things get dirty sometimes.  So here are a couple of Tibanna Gas Miners.  I know the sculpts are older, but I wanted to use those Imperial Scanning Technician bodies for something.  I should probably dirty up their boots a bit.

TIBANNA GAS MINERS -

:P
« Last Edit: November 1, 2005, 06:56 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS -updated 11.01.05
« Reply #1141 on: November 1, 2005, 08:41 PM »
tight cody and really cool miners do u have a actual reference pic to what they look like if so plz share

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 1, 2005, 09:08 PM »
No reference pic, just made them up in my head.  I just was fittering around with some parts, and came up wih this simple design, and decided since the helmets were Cloud Car pilot helmets, that these guys could fit in with that sort of group.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1143 on: November 1, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Hi Chewie

Great looking Cody Owen-D has done and your repaint Of Obi-Wan is great and the miners look good also a I like how you can see thru the goggles.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 2, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Yeah, Owen's work is freaking amazing.  I was going to try my hand at Cody, but didn't feel confident in making the visor.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1145 on: November 2, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Hi Chewie

Mate give it a go you never know till you try, I can't remember how many figures I stuffed up till I got it right and it's always a great satisfaction when you done it.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 3, 2005, 12:08 AM »
I agree, it's always fun trying.  Usually I make fan fic stuff for the most part, so I don't to be subject to so much scrunity, but mainly because I like the background characters a lot, and have been making more for the Rykrof Enloe series.

Here's a few I did this evening.

Freelo - The outfit on the left is his old one from the Dathomir series, later he'll purchase some armor because he's scared of fighting, which is him on the right with armor on.

Alyssa Enloe - The one on the left is just for reference, the one on the right is the new one.  Looks like Rykrof's wife gonna be forced to get her hands dirty in the war.

Troll Kaptis - One of millions of Gran thugs wandering about the galaxy.

Maybe a few more updates tomorrow night too!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 11.03.05
« Reply #1147 on: November 3, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Cool goroup of figs chewie.

Love the Tibanna gas miners...The paint job really does a good job at disguising the scanning officers body.
For rykof's wife, paint the hands to match the face. They really stand out.  I'd say
that the head was a perfect match for the body if the hands were the same color.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 3, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Thanks Glassman.

That's a good suggestion on the Alyssa figure.  I might give that a whirl, but I'm not very good at painting "skin" on figures.

Also, those wrists are articulated.  It was tough doing that on a figure with such thin wrists.  I'm surprised I didn't screw it up.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 3, 2005, 03:37 PM »
These are FANTASATIC, Chewie!

I love Freelo!  Such a great character and a terrific looking custom.  He has so much personality just looking at him!

Alyssa in action gear - FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!  I look forward to seeing her kick some ass in an upcoming story!  Whoo hoo!

Incidentally, not to disagree with the amazing Glassman, but I didn't notice any problems with the hands at all.  And, seriously, if the difference is only subtle, what's the big deal?  It's not like our own hands are always the exact color of our faces.

And Kaptis is also terrific.  I am constantly in awe of your painting skills.  This is a great custom, much better (no offense intended) than Trofar the Terrible.  Frankly, given the rather bulbous body on Trofar and the fact that his head was a little too big, it always gave the appearance of a fat guy trying to squeeze himself into armor that was too small.  :)

Anyway, another wonderful group of figures!  Sensational!  I can't wait to see them (especially Alyssa) in a future story.

That reminds me, I bought a Bombstrike head myself many months ago (when they were still hard to come by - not so anymore) because I have a custom female body made from some spare parts I was looking to finish for the old "Star Wars hotties" monthly challenge.

Alas, in this case, the flesh tones were RADICALLY off, (and the body in question had a fair bit of skin showing) so I had to scrap those plans.  But you've inspired me.  I may try to put her on a Padme body myself, as this one looks so good.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1150 on: November 4, 2005, 12:03 AM »
I love those Tibana Gas Miners!  They are really cool and it's hard to tell what body that is (although Glassman mentioned that they're scanning crew members  ;)) .  What heads did you use for them?

Alyssa Enloe v.2 is cool, I agree that painting the hands would be nice, although it's really hard to match skintones (you might end up having to repaint the face as well  :-\, at least I know I would have to) 

I love the Gran thug - what body is that?  I don't recognize it...

Freelo - Very cool, nice use of Meena Tills parts.  What is that armor?  I assume it's removable (or did you make 2 of this guy)?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 4, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Gas Miners - The heads are from two non-Star Wars figures, one is from a Wing Commander guy, the other from a McFarlane figure from several years back.

Freelo - Those are two versions of him, the one on the right's armor in not removable, it's the torso of a Xyber 9 figure, about the only part from one of those figures that isn't too cartoony for me.

Gran - The body is Pote Snikin and the cloak is from a ROTS Anakin figure. 

Alyssa - Yeah, if I paint the hands, then I know I'll have to paint the face... I'm not very good at that, so I think she'll most likely stay like she is.

As always, the comments are appreciated.  I also put together two more Clones tonight -

HEAVY ASSAULT CLONE PILOTS

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.04.05
« Reply #1152 on: November 4, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I really like this pilot. I think he bridges the gap between clone pilot and ATAT driver much better.  It would have been alot more interesting than the one we got. How about a black fighter pilot version?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 4, 2005, 11:27 AM »
That's a good idea on the Black Pilot version... if anyone has any spare POTF2 AT-AT heads, please let me know.   ;)

I'm going to try and steer away from any more Clones now for a while.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1154 on: November 4, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Nice work… good choice for bodies too

The paint scheme on the Coruscant clones are one of my favs from EIII
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird