Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474952 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.14.05
« Reply #1215 on: November 14, 2005, 04:06 PM »
      Wow, that trenchback is amazing. That thing is huge! How much did just the figure cost? Anyway, really nice paint job on him and his handler. Great.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1216 on: November 14, 2005, 05:01 PM »
I've said it once and I'll say it agian Chewie your customs are brillant I love the new jedi and Jeeta.

But Mate the beast of burden and Yettar ARE JUST TO AWESOME you have got a great talent mate in every aspect of this hobby love seeing your stuff.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1217 on: November 14, 2005, 05:33 PM »
CHEWIE -

Great stuff as always. I really want to incorporate some custom beasts onto my collection, but the fodder never looks promising enough to me. I'm going to have to hit some rummage sales and flea markets and just *practice* now, as I see what can be done with a little ingenuity and a lot of hard work.

You know what strikes me most about the Trenchback? His expression. He looks so real to me, and so believable as a SW beast (i.e. I could see him standing with a Ronto on Tatooine or rubbing elbows with any of the Naboo beasts)...

I'm also digging that Rodian, and the Bigfoot custom looks more Star Wars than I imagined it would. Bravo on those as well.

Keep it up, man. You make a visit to these boards a sure thing in terms of finding something cool to look at :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 14, 2005, 06:31 PM »
you've out done your self again chewie.  i love beasts of burden, they add a lot to the star wars universe and the trenchback blends in quite easily along with his handler.  question? friend or foe to our hero rykrof.  have you thought about giving the trenchback like a scare over his eye our a ring in his nose?  just curious.  if you or anybody else does another beast of burden i'd love to see somebody do one with like a robotic leg maybe some body good do a enhanced rancor with monster claw hands that could fight a ring ala clone wars season 1.  sorry didn't mean to take over your forum chewie, your customs kind of give me inspiration.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1219 on: November 14, 2005, 10:46 PM »
that big foot  guy is awsome but im not crazy on the "pack mule" but that big foot just stands out as creepy and trerrifying id hate to see someone like that charge my foxhole or bunker

quick ? is that line stil available and also what kinda monsters r in the line

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 14, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Nice colors/parts choices on the Rodian!

As usual, your Jedi look great and utilize different colors than are usually seen. Nice work!

Your Trenchback is fantastic! Nice soft goods work and mods. I actually bought a bunch of thse Mastages back when KB clearanced them out at $.99 each but haven't done anything with them yet.

Nice new alien species made from Bigfoot, very Star Wars-y. I picked up one of those figures this spring on a trashed card at TRU for $.25 (along with a Mothman on an equally trashed card for the same price! :D ). When I mod mine, I'm actualy going to go for a more barbaric/primative look (loincloth/armored "skirt", bone necklace, axe, etc.).
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1221 on: November 15, 2005, 05:57 AM »
Fantastic updates CHEWIE! Sorry I haven't commented on any of these sooner, or RE 15 & 16 for that matter. :-[ I have been swamped with school work the last week and a half and I will be this week too. Not to mention my computer got an STD from another computer so it isn't working to well. >:( I just now found enough time to get this post off. enpugh of that on to cooments on your stuff.

Weequay Soldiers- You set the bar really high for this month. The part use turned out excellent as did the coloring. These would make a great addition to any Seppy army.

JEETA - I really like the color scheme it is very senatorial. And the body choice. But... if your hands are bigger than your face you have cancer. ;)

Jedi - I like both the Jedi, I really like the blue. It is nice to see Jedi with different colored robes every now and then.

TRENCHBACK BEAST OF BURDEN w/ YETTAR - Easily then best of this update, and Possibly my favorite of yours in a long time. I LOVE what you did to the Mastage. The saddle is very well done. did you dye or paint the pants at all? I really like the leathery skin and the dark fur coloring. His rider is equally impressive, he looks like he could be right of the SW Universe and doesn't look at all like big foot.  I can't wait to see these guys and the new planet, I think you do some of your best work when you create your own planets. :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:36 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 15, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Thanks so much everyone.  I really appreciate all the feedback.  You guys always give me more ideas and inspiration with your comments.

InRem - I agree, the Trenchback really has a Star Wars looking head to it.  That's really what made want to get the beast to retool it some.

jedipurge - Those are some cool ideas about the Trenchback.  I probably won't modify him anymore, other than possibly repainting the legs a bit.  They look just a bit shiny to me.  Your Rancor idea with mechanical hand is just wicked - I love it!

Smarty - The bigfoot guy is from the Cryptozoology line that came out about 2 years ago.  I only saw them once or twice at TRU.  You could find them on clearance maybe now, but you could also probably try ebay.

Spectre - I bet you could really make something impressive with some of those beasts.  I'd love to get a few more.  What a great price you found them at!  And the Crypto creatures too... I never find deals like that!

Ryan - No problem, I understand what it's like to be busy.  This hobby has to play second fiddle to the real world.  Glad you like the Weequays, those are some of my favorite figures I've done in a while, they turned out much better than I thought they would.  Also for the Trenchback, the saddle thing was just used with strips of material from some old cargo pants, and I actually used a lighter to burn it some in places, then used a wet watery paintbrush to make certain areas damp/abosrbant before adding some paint to it.  Not all of the saddle is painted, just about 25% of the surface I'd say.  And I love making new planets, there should be a fun one coming soon!

Also, I finally started the first photos of Rykrof Enloe #17 last evening - TWISTED ALLEGIANCE.  Here is the first of a few preview pics.

:P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:02 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 11.15.05
« Reply #1223 on: November 15, 2005, 03:51 PM »
chewie in regards to the pics of the hooded anakin, a couple of pages back, i'll get some taken and post them as soon as i get a camera.  tried a disposable but with a zoom the pic sucked.  also in regards to the 501 st the dirtying up of them do you use paint for the blackened areas?  stupid question?  well i ask because i'm just now starting on making some clones.  but i was thinking about using the artist charcol the kind used for shading i guess.  just wondering if anybody has used it on a figure.  also kind of an AU custom i've been thinking of doing but would like to see you or somebody else try.  an Anakin in the 501 st clone armor.  throw the belt from an evo ani ep ii on take off the right hand add the epiii mech one.  sorry i know i'm throwing out all sorts of stuff out mind is racing to fast.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1224 on: November 15, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Hi Chewie

great looking preview shot of the Rykrof Enloe series look forward to seeing more.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 15, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Jedipurge - It's so hard to take pics with other types of cameras, so I feel your pain.  I even have a hard time with digital cameras.

In regards to the 501st Clones, to dirty them up, I used two methods - the first is just black spray paint mist - from a good distance so the figure doesn't pick up much of it.  Then a little dry brushing with dark colors like black and brown.

And an Anakin in 501st armor has to be one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard of actually... if you don't mind me stealing your idea, I might try that sometime.

Hemble - Thanks on the preview pic, though I decided to redo it.  What do you think of this version, is it ok?  Something just didn't sit right with me on that pic.  Don't know why.  So I redid it, and here's a second preview to go along with it.  Still a lot of work to do on this next story.

I will probably throw up one or two more previews this week if I have time, and if this weekend is free, I might get it up by Sunday... but probably not until Thanksgiving break.

Also I'll try and post another custom that I almost have finished.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.16.05
« Reply #1226 on: November 16, 2005, 02:10 AM »
Hmmm... laid down fora while and couldn't sleep, so I finished up another Rykrof custom for the series, and took pics of another one.  And why not another preview pic, I think you all should like this one.

Utapuan Harvester -

Rykrof Enloe in Republic jumpsuit -

And one more preview of TWISTED ALLEGIANCE -

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1227 on: November 16, 2005, 03:48 AM »
looks like Rykrof got a whole set of military clothes !
 ;)

they fit perfectly in the story and the way the republic is looking more and more like the empire
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1228 on: November 16, 2005, 10:40 AM »
CHEWIE, man... wow. You're stuff is so consistently amazing. I keep waiting for you to pitch one way outside so I can gripe at you a little (kidding).

The harvester is great, particularly because you took a very regal species (to the extent we've seen it in ROTS) and made it very blue collar. I can see this guy workinga pit with a few of those odd stubby aliens that were milling around Obi's starfighter...

The sneaks from RE are, as always, welcome teases. It looks like RE will make it back to Coruscant this chapter, and I'm excited to see how he vindicates himself to the Senate (and cuts Palpatine off at the knees in the process). Who knows, though... Palpy is a resourceful guy, so maybe RE is in for more trouble than he's expected (who'da thunk it - our hero in peril?!) :)

I really can't wait for the next installment, just in case it wasn't already embarrassingly obvious.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 16, 2005, 01:24 PM »
rykrof looks great, who's legs?  go ahead on the anakin he's all yours.  i probably wouldn't even be able to start on him for a while anyway.  i'll PM a couple of the ideas i had.