Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474366 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.16.05
« Reply #1230 on: November 16, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I really like the Utapuan Harvester. The hat really makes him unique. Why is he holding a sledge hammer? Shouldn't he have some prunning shears or a shovel?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 16, 2005, 07:04 PM »
That Utapau Harvester reminds me of Nosferatu.

I think you should've used the Faytonni body for the Republic Officers. IMO.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 16, 2005, 08:45 PM »
blaster_e11 - Thanks, I'm glad you like the outfit.  I thought it looked really good for an alternative outfit.  I had a hard time thinking what he could wear, then suddenly that popped into my head.

InRem - Thanks, and I'd love to figure out how to make one or two of those pudgy fat aliens.  Maybe I should talk to Owen D. about that.  I'll try to get a few more pics finished tonight on the series, but it won't be done for several days... maybe this weekend, but that would probably be pushing it.

jedipurge - The legs are from a TIE pilot in the SAGA/OTC line.  They're actually a perfect fit.  And thanks for the excellent ideas in your PM.  You've got some wonderful ideas.

Phruby - Yeah, that's a good idea. My thinking on his was that there's got to be some guys that work on those wind powered generators all over the planet.  This guy would be one that lives away from the pit cities, in his own dwelling.

His primitive hammer would be used for banging the fins on his power generator for when they sometimes get bent by the strong winds of Utapua.

Parts used -

head - Utapua Guard
torso - Early Bird Luke
arms - ROTS Crispy Anakin
right hand - ROTS Crispy Anakin
left hand - Imperial Dignitary
legs - Early Bird Luke
hat - 21st Century figure
hammer - 21st Century figure

HunterofThePegs - I actually used to use those Faytonni bodies a lot, like in this old (and really outdated) pic from an earlier photonovel -

If I have time, I will make another "custom quickie" like the latest Rykrof figure tonight.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1233 on: November 17, 2005, 06:49 AM »
HI Ya Chewie

Hemble - Thanks on the preview pic, though I decided to redo it.  What do you think of this version, is it ok?  Something just didn't sit right with me on that pic.  Don't know why.  So I redid it, and here's a second preview to go along with it.  Still a lot of work to do on this next story

Mate I'll have to agree the second on ene you did is 100% better it looks more realistic and also it looks like they are actually walking along a walkway I also like the exploding ship and how you've done the smoke and fire ball awesome work.

I really like Rykrof Enloe in the jumpsuit this guy sure does get around and the pic of the Utapuan Harvester mate thats just bloody creapy but in a good custom figure kind of way.

The preview of the bridge for the TWISTED ALLEGIANCE is OUTSTANDING very very life lie indeed keep up the great work mate .

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 18, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Thank you Hemble.  On the lastest preview pics, I've altered the script some so there may be some changes in what has been shown.  But this pic is definitely staying, and this one is a new addition that will definitely be showing up.

I like the second one a lot with Tylin Gere in that I was able to make him look like his personality is changing and slowly turning evil.

I'd say I'm about 1/3 done with this story now.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.18.05
« Reply #1235 on: November 18, 2005, 05:32 AM »
Hay Chewie

Mate looking forward to see the end result and story line sounds like it's going to great. Also totally agree with ya on the way Tylin Gere looks especially the way the mouth is turned down great work.

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 18, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Yeah, that's a very suddle change to the character but it really conveys a lot of emotion. Did you photoshop the expression or paint it on?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 18, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Thanks  guys.  It's photoshopped.  Unfortunately I don't have enough of those Boshek heads to really be able to start making changes on their faces.

I think this weekend will be a productive weekend, even though the script on this one has changed quite a bit.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.21.05
« Reply #1238 on: November 20, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Ok, what a damn weekend this was.  I spent nearly every waking hour working on the latest Rykrof story.  After getting about 75% of it done and edited, I realized the pics just weren't coming out clear.  And when I tried to focus them, they kept coming out too pixelated.  So, I went back and redid almost the whole thing.

Anyways, I did get time to complete a few more customs, mainly for the series.  And the photonovel should be up tomorrow night.

ROGUE PILOT

Parts used -

head - Death Star Trooper
torso - Scout Trooper
arms - Scout Trooper
legs - Imperial Officer
helmet - Wedge Antilles

JARDA

Parts used -

- SAGA Bossk
- ROTS AT-RT Driver

COMBISS

Parts used -

- SAGA Dengar
- Pote Snikin head
- Ask Aak hands

SENATOR TAME HEEM

- Mas Amedda body
- Hammerhead hands and head

SENATOR NOOP TONBEETO

Parts used -

- Ask Aak torso
- Tanus Spijek head, legs, arms
- Aurra Sing top knot

Here's the "teaser poster" for #17 - Twisted Allegiance -

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:25 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 20, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Excellent work, as usual Chewie.

Your Trandoshen Looks Great! I could see this guy Beserking through the halls of a Star Ship Ripping through Troopers like they were made of paper!

I'm not buying that Hammerhead senator though. His posture is to good. That colar on the Mas Ameda Robe must be strangleing him. And his feet should be sticking out from under his Robe.

I like the concept of the Pilot aswell but the MicroBinoculars for his chest box is just too recognizable as such.

Senator Noop is flawless a perfect background Character.

Can't wait to see more

P.S. Rykrof always kind of reminded me of the lead singer of Nickel Back
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2005, 11:41 PM »
Wow! Chewie gets more customs done than anyone! You must be close to 1000 by now!

Let me run through them here...

ROGUE PILOT: Very well done! The blending of the various parts came out great, and I like the dark purple paint scheme. If I had to make one suggestion here it would be to add a little silver around the edges of the armor, and maybe drybrushed slightly here and there to indicate some paint wear and chipping.

JARDA: Not sure about this one. I like the armor paint shceme a lot, and the lizard skin is extremely well done...I'm just not sure this one blends as well. The head seems a little big...it looks like he's literally packed into that armor. I feel like he needs something else to balance everything out...a cloak or something that makes him look bulkier. Maybe he'll grow on me. I really like the second pic where he looks like he's happily skipping.  ;)

COMBISS: Very well done...not someone who looks like he's been on the losing side of many fights. The parts go together well and he retains a massive look that I think stays in line with his species. Any reason you went with the Ask Aak hands instead of Snitkin's?

TAME HEEM III: I like this one a lot, but moreso in the second pic than the first. In the first, you can see the disparity between his shoulder height and neck, and it looks unnatural. It's less obvious in the second pic. The hands came out well, I really like how they look with the puffy sleeves. If I had to make a suggestion on this one, I'd say to dremel into the torso a bit and create a depression for his head to sit in to make it look more natural, or maybe keep it as is but add a collar of some sort. A cape would work as well. I'd also like to see those Ithrian feet peeking out from under the robe.

SENATOR NOOP TONBEETO: My favorite of the bunch. The body went together extremely well with the lower torso; how did you accomplish that? Besides that the topknot is a great addition, and the fur, both on the jacket and the creature's natural fur look awesome. I do think this is a case though, where you took the drybrushing too far. By drybrushing every surface I think the custom loses something and becomes too busy...I'd make the inner shirt a solid color like you did the outer jacket, to set the other colors off a little more and make eveything pop. Still, this is my favorite of the bunch. Good job hiding those man-teats.  ;D

On another note, I'm sorry I haven't had time to comment on the last two Rykrof entries...I've been really busy and since I like to get in depth with my comments, I just haven't been able to. I will soon, though.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 21, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Thanks guys, but damnit now I feel like the Tame Heem looks like crap. 

Pilot - Thanks, maybe I'll add a little more drybrushing to him, but I'll try not to overdo it.  I personally like the macrobinoculars, I couldn't find anything else to put there that I liked (needed something because there was a big hole in his chest).

Jarda - Some things about him don't fit exactly like I wanted.  I said at Scum I might make some changes, and still might do that.

Combiss - Just used the different hands because Pote's were too big at the wrist, I hope these work ok because I wanted them to be articulated like they are.

Noop Tonbeeto - Yeah maybe some of the drybrushing blends in too much.  I might go back and work on the torso a bit to show some differences in the fur versus his undershirt.  The legs just fit right onto the Ask Akk hip piece I think.

Tame Heem - I've done some work with him in the next photonovel, so feel like I ought to make some more changes now, but that is thanks to the suggestion actually.  So I'm going back and adding a scarf like thing to him digitally that I could see him wearing.  Probably won't add in the feet though, but that is a good idea.

Here's a revised Tame Heem for the series.  Might not be perfect, but it should work for my needs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 21, 2005, 12:45 AM »
Wow! That scarf is digital? That looks a 100% better. I can't even figure out how to cut and paste my fig pics on to a background pic yet alone put articles of realistic looking clothing on them.

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 21, 2005, 01:11 AM »
So it looks ok then?  I was really hoping so.  It takes a lot of trial and error on learning how to use a picture program.

Here's a couple of Beach Assault Clones, similar to the ones in SKIVER division I made a short while back.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 21, 2005, 01:17 AM »
The digital scarf looks amazing, and really adds what I think Tame needed. Not only does it camoflage the neck better, but makes his costome a little more unique.

What's up with Valorum's digitized head? And as much as I like preview pics, that one's really dark. Aren't they near the Senate, where everyting is a little brighter lit? Or is this a more clandestine rendevous?

The beach clones are awesome. For somone who was afraid to mess with Clones at first, you've come up with some really great ones.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!