Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475642 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.21.05
« Reply #1245 on: November 21, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad the scarf came out ok.

For Valorum's head, it's because I took about 8 pics of this scene, and his face details kepts getting washed out by the flast.  So I got fed up and changed it digitally.

It's dark where they are, as they are in corridor that sees little traffic - they don't want to be seen.  It doesn't show up that dark on my monitor, so maybe I need to enhance the brightness for everyone with my program before having this story go live.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 21, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Chewie!  Another GREAT group of customs.  I'm REALLY looking forward to this new chapter.

My favs are Jarda!  What a terrific combination of parts!  An excellent custom.

I also like Senator Noop, but, to me, he looks more like a merchant or even an underworld type and not quite like a senator.  But maybe it's just because those aliens are so weird looking that it's easier for me to picture them in a shady backwater planet as opposed to the Senate.

I agree that Heem's neck/head ration is a bit...off.  But the digital scarf is indeed impressive.

Can't wait for the new chapter!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 21, 2005, 01:48 AM »
As usual Chewie your customs get better and better. The ones that stand out to me are...

Jarda- excellent combination of parts, Trandoshans are awesome to begin with.  ;D

Noop Tonbeeto- very cool looking and original.

And of course your clone are always very cool.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 21, 2005, 05:20 AM »
I think that Jarda the Trandoshen's legs look a little short.

Just kidding!  ;)

I wish you could get your own line at Hasbro. You seem to be able to come up with more interesting figures and faster too!

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 21, 2005, 01:03 PM »
my favorites by far are the senators Chewie. the paint jobs and sculpting and everything is some of your best work imho. the sheer number of customs you do is amazing!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 21, 2005, 02:35 PM »
A few people have inquired about the Dresselian in the poster.  The senators that you see in the poster really are just a teaser... their role in this won't be too big.  This one will mostly deal with an overall picture of several different characters having twisted allegiances.

Remember on Dathomir, Rykrof downloaded some important information about the Badoo Corba... this data not only contains locations of secret terror cells, but also information on certain supporters of the terrorist movement that are alligned with the Republic.   

He arrived late on Dathomir and the Badoo Corba escaped, he was shot down by a surprise Separatist force, etc - which Palpatine orchestrated.  But to everyone's surprise, he has come up with important information.   This information could sway some to thinking Rykrof is still useful to the Republic... for now.   

This won't be one of the more action packed stories, but will be an important one in the grand scheme of things.  Looking forward to posting it tonight hopefully.

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 21, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Glad to see you are putting that Star Destroyer bridge to excellent use! Those pix are bee-yoo-tee-full!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 22, 2005, 01:48 AM »
Thank you.  I had a computer problem that shut me down for about 3 hours tonight, so I can't post lastest chapter until Tuesday night, but no later than that, I promise.

So, I thought I owed another preview or two.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 11.22.05
« Reply #1253 on: November 22, 2005, 07:31 AM »
Hi Ya Chewie

Man who's been a busy then I'll have to stop going to weddings I miss to much.

Fisrt of the twisted alliance looks fantastic I'm going to really enjoy ready it and I also like the photo shop with the figures in the hall way very well done.

Now for the figures
Beach Assault Clones - What can I say about these bad boys, I really like the helmets and the addition of the backpacks, also the colour you've given them is excellent I prefer to see clones with more darker military colours then the brighter colours gives them that military style look to them.

ROGUE PILOT - I like this figure alot even thou you've used different parts to make him he looks like something that you might hav ebought from the store and if my computer scren isn't playing tricks I like the purple-ish colour on teh armour.

JARDA - Now this figure blows me away that look you've given him just looks so realistic it really suits him done to the ground and the paint apps are awesome I espcially like the skin colour you've given him well done.

COMBISS & SENATOR TAME HEEM - As usual you've thrown togther bits and pieces together and created 2 more great looking figures.

SENATOR NOOP TONBEETO - TOP MARKS MY FRIEND this figure is the BEST, again the parts you have used to put him together are great and the paint apps is awesome and the top knot is very human yet very alien well done mate.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 11.22.05
« Reply #1254 on: November 22, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Thanks Hemble!   :)

And check out the photonovel section, #17 is up!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.23.05
« Reply #1255 on: November 23, 2005, 02:00 AM »
Been a while since I tackled any OT customs, so I thought I need to do that.  Here's my rendition of Endor Han Solo w/ trench coat.

Parts used -

head - OTC AT-ST Han
neck - SAGA Captain Antilles
torso - SAGA Captain Antilles
legs - SAGA Captain Antilles
arms - 21st Century figure
coat - 21st Century figure
hands - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper

Put the parts together, did a little dremmeling to hollow out the Han head and make the arm pegs fit, and then repainted.  Didn't refer to any pics for reference, and I'm sure it's not perfect, but it should suit my needs for now as rumor has it there will be a VOTC version in 2006.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 23, 2005, 06:21 AM »
That's pretty cool-looking. I like the pic of him shooting the Stormtrooper, nice effects.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 23, 2005, 09:43 AM »
This is the best Han w/ Trenchcoat custom I have seen. I would copy this same custom but I'm waiting to see what Hasbro's Neo OTC 06's version is like.

Just 2 minor suggestion though,

1. Add a camo pattern to the coat. The pattern was not very complicated. I think it just consisted of  some Brown Smudges over a beige base.

2. Take a VOTC Han's holster and fit it to your Endor Han. It may be to small to fit perfectly but you can cut it in the back to make it wider. No one will be able to see the cut hidden by the Trenchcoat.

Very nice work.
Fritzkrieg

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1258 on: November 23, 2005, 09:51 AM »
I've already said so elsewhere, CHEWIE, but this is a great custom Han. We don't see too many improvements like this to core characters so well done. I might consider adding the camo blotches, too, but even without him he's freakin' great. :)

You paint work is without fault again.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 23, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Thanks very much guys for the comments and the suggestions too.  I do have a spare VOTC Han that I could canniblize for the holster - I started this custom pretty late last night, and kinda rushed it I guess.  Maybe he'll get that hoster over Thanksgiving break.

As for the camo pattern, at first I did have it; with brown and white smudges.  But it just didn't turn out like I really wanted it too.  I tried several techniques, but I think the rubbery material the trenchcoat is made from is a hard surface (at least for me) to paint.  So I blended it together for an overall tannish appearance.

Thanks everyone!  I think I do need to paint his undershirt a bit better.  The flash made it look weird.