Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475176 times)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 12.07.05
« Reply #1320 on: December 7, 2005, 10:51 AM »
yeah chewie, the coat on this clone just fits it's so cool an accessory

the idea of mixing your casual military fatigues Rykrof with clone armor is just as brilliant

i can't wait to see those figs in your next chapter
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 7, 2005, 01:58 PM »
All right...I was just doing a quick lurk and don't really have time to comment on much, but that Rykrof in battle gear is simply amazing. That is my fave Rykrof to date, and I hope to see him in a LOT of action in that outfit!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1322 on: December 7, 2005, 02:22 PM »
I just popped in real quick cause I should be writing a speech I have to give in 3 hours, and my net class starts in 45 minutes... but that Rykrof is too cool not to say anything now. I am floored by it. Excellent update, I'll comment in more detail later. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 7, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Chewie I am running short on time w/finals, but damn man that Rykrof is my favorite!  The mingling of the clone armor and kama with the uniform is absolutely perfect.  As always, a first-rate paintjob.  I really like Rykrof in black, and I second Rem's motion for helmet availability.

B

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 7, 2005, 04:03 PM »
chewie, rykrof what can i say that somebody else hasn't already said.  ok ok mindblowing that you came up with that when all i thought those imperial jumpsuits would be good for would be color variations of background troops.  i agree with in rem but i don't think he needs a helmet it's an idea that i've been toying with on my jedi generals in clone armor that i'll eventually get to doing.  take the "pilot gear" that came with kenobi and cut all the excess off leaving only the ear/mouth piece paint and glue or whatever to it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1325 on: December 8, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Ok, i've got some time so I'll give you some real comments now. :)

The new lots look great, I have to say I'm very tempted on them, but with the holidays coming up I don't think I'll be able to get any of them.

TRISEK THE TERRORIST (version 2)-

The skin tone on this guy is phenomonal. It really highlights him great and sets him apart from Tessk or any other Quarrens. I think I liked the red suit better, not that this one is bad, I just like red. :) I'm not really a big fan of the cloak though. It is a nice looking piece but the color doesn't seem to fit. I think I'd change it to match the rest of the suit better, or contrast it, one of the two. Then drybrush it, it just feels incomplete without a drybrush. I might change the boots up a bit too so it doesn't look like a Djas Body quite so much. Maybe the leg coverings could be changed to the brown you used on the sleeves, and the shoes themselves could be black? I don't know, it still looks good, but I think it could be better.

MARLISS-

I really like this girl as well. The added accessories look good and that body was an excellent choice. I thought of Mirax Terrik when I saw her, even though she doesn't neccassrily look like her.

CLONE TROOPER ALPHA-

Simple and a very sharp looking custom. Not 100% comic accurate, but since that's not what you were going for that doesn't matter at all. I like your interpretation better I think. All the accessories looked a little goofy. The only thing I can think of suggesting is maybe giving him a different gun, not even the one he would have in the comics, but something that isn't standard issue. In the US military, Special Forces weapons tend to be different from the regular soldiers' standard issue weapons.

FREELO w/ TWO CORUSCANT SCIENTISTS-

I always liked that guy on the right when you made him awhile back. I really liked the different tatoos on his head. I agree Freelo's arms look a little long. I think it is because he has exposed wrists and his hands are longer than human hands anyways. I am going to need to find some cheap LoBots I've been meaning to steal that one from you for awhile.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER-

Like master, like apprentice. :) I thnik this turned out nicely. Personally I think I would have given Anakin grey armor, I just don't see him in white. It still looks great as is though. THe weathering on the boots is very well done. I wonder if his robotic hand would be exposed though? Nothing wrong with the way you did it, it looks good like that, but Luke did wear gloves over his.

TREDWELL MEDIC DROID-

I absolutely LOVE this figure. The part swapping is masterfully done. But what really gets me is the pale blue you used. It is perfect for the '70s and really seems like something we would have seen in the movies.

GENERAL SHAAK TI-

Another excellent Jedi general. The purple Stripping looks really good. It took me a second to realize that that was a Dooku cape, it fits very well, especially with the shortened skirt.

JUDISS THE TERRORIST-

Excellent work on the head. It almost looks like a brand new sculpt. The body is very good but I think it could use more of a repaint. I think it almost looks too familiar.  Maybe give him a darker shirt?

MULTI PURPOSE LABOR DROID-

Excellent Droid. I really like how it splits into two. It is dirty enough that it looks like it actually does some labor. Yet another piece I ma copy at somepint down the road. :)

Trench Trooper-

Very simple but it looks AWESOME. I really like clone troopers with cloaks for some reason I had one of my SA clones posed with an Evo Anakin robe for awhile. The weathering is very well done. I really like how you changed the kama to the blackish color, he looks much more bad ass. I wouldn't pose him with out the cloak unless you are going to give him a pauldron, the neck looks rather girafe like.

Rykrof Enloe (battle gear)-

I'm diggin' Rykrof's new look. It looks really sharp. The EVO kama was an excellen addition, I think that is what really ties the figure together. I know I said I wasn't a fan of the white on Anakin but for some reason I really like it here, I think it is the black/white combo. I do have one minor suggestion, and I guees it would aply to Anakina and Shaak Ti as well. I think that they could use the elbow armor. My reasoning behind this is that the CW Obi-Wan that started this trend had it. And in real life military, troopers will often wear knee and elbow guards so they can dive to the ground and have somethng to land on that will protect their knees and elbows. You have the knee pads I personally think the addtion of elbow pads would really make him perfect. I did it on my CW Obi-Wan, it is a little work, but I think that it worth it when it is all done. To do that, you just have to cut the clone armor off at the elbow so you just have the pad, I then sanded the top part that comes in contact with the sleeves so it fits better, dremmeled out most of the inside so it doesn't interfere with the joint so that it will still be functional. You may have to sand the rim of the upper arm too so it all fits together well. If there are any holes you can just fill it with epoxy putty, and maybe use a little to blend the pices together better anyways. I hope that made at least some sense, her's a pic of mine if you are curious.

"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 8, 2005, 02:30 AM »
Ryan, thanks for all the comments.  As usual, they are very insightful and helpful.  Many other comments too from everyone else, so I'll pick out a few that I really like as suggestions -

Adding Elbow Armor - Cool idea... that kind of intimidates me for some reason.  When I feel brave enough, I'll definitely give it a whirl.  Thanks for the idea Ryan.

Rykrof Enloe - Thanks everyone, I feel like I finally got a Ryrof figure done just the way I wanted to.  Took 17 photonovels to find a look I like... but this outfit will be saved for a couple of chapters down the road most likely (you'll see why - also I've added to it, pics at the end of this post).

Good suggestions on what to maybe add on him guys.  I think I have a look that will work out well with what is being added for a certain mission later on.

And the other figures, good ideas too.  Alpha probably does need a different gun, Freelo's arms are too long, and the visor thing on the Clone will probably be removed I think.

Ok, onto tonight's very late update... that's what happens when you get home and watch FOX news all night.  Fun time to customize.   :)

COMMANDER SOIKU

This was inspired by the recent Rykrof, and actually because I wanted to change the thighs on the Rykrof back to being from an Imperial officer.  So I made this guy; a little of a pain to make, and a lot of different figure parts, but I think he turned out well.  Might be one of the rare customs that I sell though.

PALPATINE

After seeing DD's version with the new bust up, I've been dying to get it and try my first of several versions.   So here's the first version -

RYKROF ENLOE

Ok, notice the removable poncho thing and the hood.  He'll need these in a mission later on.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 12.08.05
« Reply #1327 on: December 8, 2005, 02:45 AM »
Oh Wow! Another great update. I was just heading to bed (I'm slowly getting on a better schedule) but I'll comment more on them tomarrow. They look fantastic upon first glance. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 8, 2005, 02:55 AM »
One word:

Stealthy. :)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1329 on: December 8, 2005, 03:36 AM »
ithe poncho anfd the hood can be useful if it rains too  ;) remember obi on kamino
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1330 on: December 8, 2005, 04:19 AM »
Hey Chewie, about the Sidious bust-up you're using for the custom, are you hollowing out the bust up any, is it already hollowed?  Is it something a novice like me can try without too much difficulty?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1331 on: December 8, 2005, 10:59 AM »
I think you really got something there with that outfit chewie.
No matter who you put it on, it look nice.

You should make a squad of these troopers in this uniform.

Great Commander!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 8, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Aah, my daily update of Chewie's figures. It's just great to sit down first thing in the morning with a cup of orange juice and see what new toys Chewie made last night.

It's neat to see the use a different head for the clone commander. The Typho head is very believable alternative to Jango. I wonder if clones are allowed to change their hair styles and such. You must have found a sale on imperial officer bodies. It's amazing how well that body works in so many different configurations.

The Emporer is very cool. I like how you made the entire robe black. That is what I didn't like about the other versions. The color wasn't uniform. He's very dynamic.

Good idea to use the poncho on old Rykrof. Is this a entirely new figure or just the addition of the accessories? How many Rykrofs have you made so far?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1333 on: December 8, 2005, 03:30 PM »
CHEWIE -

What more can be said? I hoped you would carry the new Rykrof outfit forward. Little did I know you would do that and then some!

The Typho head is a great Clone variant. The eye patch really sets him off, too. As to the hair style, I'd have to think that if you can have your own name and armor design, a hair style would be the least of Republic Command's concerns with their Clones. :) The helmet looks big-ish, but I think that's just a byproduct of the Evo mold. It's just bigger...

I really like this Emporer custom... I'm glad you got around to giving him a crack, and as expected, you've done a fine job with him. For some reason, though, I'm just not liking any of the ROTS bodies under that Bust-Up cowl... the proportions always seem off. Of course I'm to the point now that I have an overly-critical eye for that detail, so this is probably closer to correct than I'm seeing it as, if that makes sense. :P

Now, the use of the cowl on Rykrof...

Hoe.

(Stan) Lee.

Cow.

That's the thing that has taken this from the best Rykrof yet to probably being the best Rykrof we're ever likely to see. I hope you plan to keep him in this gear for a long, long time, as you'll be hard pressed to upgrade him. :) You've inspired me to track down some Emporer Bust-Ups just for those hoods! They are awesome, especially when applied to excellent pieces like this Rykrof.

(as an aside, since I'm sure you've addressed this before, is it Rike-roff, Rick-roff, Rike-ruv, Rick-ruv? How do I actually say Rykrof?)
« Last Edit: December 8, 2005, 03:37 PM by In Rem »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 8, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Chewie, would you object if I mad my own Rykrof figure?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours