Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474738 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.02.05
« Reply #1500 on: January 2, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Ok, I go three days without an update and I'm going through withdrawls.

So, here are a few I worked on this weekend. 

First off, a Jango Fett.  Not perfect, but I think I like it better than Hasbro's versions.  After assembling the parts, I repainted him and gave him a wash.

head - POTJ Preview Jango Fett
torso - POTJ Preview Jango Fett
right arm - SAGA removable head Jango Fett
left arm - POTJ Preview Jango Fett
legs - SAGA removable head Jango Fett
backpack - VOTC Boba Fett

Next up is Lethiss the Assassin.  He will be appear in the Rykrof Enloe series.

head - SAGA removable head Jango Fett
arms - Marvel Ghost Rider
torso - Marvel Ghost Rider
belt/holster - SAGA Djas Puhr
gloves - SAGA Endor Rebel
legs - Marvel Ghost Rider

Then Mubaas Fuuda, who just appeared in the latest photonovel. 

head - SAGA2 Bib Fortuna
torso - ROTS Gree
arms - ROTS Gree
thighs - ROTS Gree
shins - POTC Gotal
hands - SAGA2 Bib Fortuna

Finally, another version of Rykrof Enloe.

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
rest - Evolutions Clone parts

:P

« Last Edit: January 2, 2006, 06:15 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.02.06
« Reply #1501 on: January 2, 2006, 06:12 PM »
JANGO-I can dig this version of him. Better than Hasbro's versions, for sure.

LETHISS-I want him. He's very cool. Looks like he might be a hired hand on Tatooine, or another sandy planet. Does he have a speeder bike too?

FUUDA-This guy isn't my cup of tea. He reminds me alot of Rykroff in clone armor...but, I guess in retrospect thats a cool way of making him. The bag is a neat accessory.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 2, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Chewie, I love these.

Jango Fett is a great combo of jango-parts, looks very solid. Haven't even thought of combining the different existing parts and here you come making them look maaavelous.

Mubass is a character I didn't expect (used to the robes on the Twi'leks.) but really liked the appearance of in your photonovels. I am curious how he got his clone armor though  ;).

Lethiss, now this is great. I've had that Marvel Ghost Rider body sitting there for a month or so and haven't figured out a damn thing to do with it. It's the height difference that I have a hard time getting over. Did you somehow correct that, or is he still the same height?

Awesome work again!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 2, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Thanks guys.

Famine,  I haven't made a swoop or anything for Lethiss, but that's a good idea. 

GGPike, the Lethiss figure is kind of tall, I didn't do anything to shorten him.  I figure he just might be a tall guy like Durge.  For Mubaas, I figure the terrorists "borrow" items all the time - from weapons to armor, to whatever they can get their hands on.  Good to see you're still here some.  Any chance on a new photonovel update from you?

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #1504 on: January 2, 2006, 07:19 PM »
I have say that i don't really like this Rykrof. I think that he needs a kama, a darker blue color skeam and a jetpack like Commander Cody. Just sugjestions.
I will eat you!!!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 2, 2006, 07:19 PM »
nice update of custom's CHEWIE.

i really liked the asassin. very creative way to use the ghost rider bady. i bought it, but i just went into the fooder bin never to be seen again. yours really came out good though, looks like he will be a pain for Rykoff, if that is who he's after!

i also like the blue clone armor on the twilek. mabey he scavenged it from a battefiled on some planet or somthing, very cool and your blues look good. this is probably my fav of the group.

the new rykoff is cool. nice mix of clone gear and the color is unique, good job!

great update chewie!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1506 on: January 2, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Great update CHEWIE!  I tried doing a similar thing to make an "ultimate" Jango but it turned into a disaster.  Yours looks like it's coming along nicely, although personally I would have used some more parts from the VOTC Boba Fett if you had an extra (specifically the arms and torso with the wookiee braids dremelled off).  Still, I think he'll look great once you give him the ol' CHEWIE drybrush  ;)

Lethiss is very cool.  I was wondering about combining the Marvel Superhero Showdown figures with Star Wars parts, but after somebody posted a pic on Rebelscum about it, they looked a little weird.  Lethiss definitely has a badass Star Wars vibe to him, I really like him. 

Fuuda - Great work!  I like his  use of Clone Trooper armor.  I can definitely see bounty hunters and other "scum" using fallen Clone Trooper armor (like Dengar and my "Clone Hunter").  Great use of the shins - it helps separate him from a Twi'lek trooper.  I would consider giving him a cloth cape or something to help differentiate him a bit more from "normal" clone troopers.  His upper body seems to be a bit too "stock" if you know what I mean.  Maybe a bandolier or scalps (kinda like Fett's Wookiee Braids)

Rykroff - Nice!  I like the simplicity of the design - it turned out great.  You should post a pic of all of Rykroff's uniforms
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 2, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Thanks guys for all the quick comments already.  I went ahead and have one more quick update, but now my damn 250free site seems to be down.  When it's up, I'll post two more pics.  But for now I'll reply to your comments.   :)

baragon - Sorry you don't like the Rykrof.  I was going to do a more dark blue color like I did on the Alpha clone, but decided to go with a more dull blue, which I think is a realistic military color.  As for a kama, I didn't go with that because he has a jetpack - he wouldn't want that catching on fire.  Any figures you did like from this batch, or do you simply not like them?  Usually when someone updates, we comment on more than just finding a negative here.   ;)

jedistyle - So you bought that Ghost Rider figure too?  I bought it on Saturday at Walmart (first time I've seen them outside of TRU) and figured I could turn it into something.  When I had an extra Fett helmet, I decided to give it a whirl.  You're right about the Fuuda armor, it's salvaged.

Gregorbian - Thanks bud, I'm not happy with the Jango so I'll probably work on him some more.  Maybe the legs from the Pilot Jango would work.  As for dremeling off parts from a VOTC Fett, I only have one extra of those and it's going to Lance Quazar here actually, so the backpack I used for the pic is going back to my Fett and he'll go back to using a regular Jango jet pack.  I don't think too many of the Superhero Showdown figure parts will work too well, but I think this one does for the Lethiss figure even though he is a bit tall.  For Fuuda I went with that strap thing he has on, but I could maybe add something else for him too.  That could be just a temporary uniform for him though.  On Rykrof, I went ahead and repainted the jetpack some, and as soon as my hosting service is working I'll show the pics.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 2, 2006, 10:53 PM »
Ok, I repainted the jetpack on Rykrof.

And here's a pic of him in action.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 2, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Great Update Chewie!

Jango Retool> Great Paint work, but the Part mix makes him look a liitle bit :-\ um Uncomfortable. Sorry, just my Opinion.

Mubass>I Like the Idea of these Criminal Types using Black Market Clone Armor and other military Goods, The Black Armor is very fitting his Character

Rykrof> I like the New Look of the Armor w/ the Pilot Helmets, Although I think The Last (Yellow) version was a little cooler looking. I really Liked the Back Pack on that one. On this one I would Paint the Jet Pack to Match his Armor Better. And I think I said it before, Rykrof Should have Some Gray by now. He's had a Stressful Life and he's not getting any younger.

Lethiss the Assasin> This is one Bad @#$ looking Character. How do you come up w/ all these Great names? I've found that Naming Characters  is one of the  Hardest parts of putting together a Photo Novel. I can't wait to see this guy in action. I love these 4" Marvel Figs. They make Sweet Fodder.

Keep up the
Great Work Chewie!
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 01.03.06
« Reply #1510 on: January 2, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Thanks Fritz - I did repaint Rykrof's backpack some, did you see it yet, or do you think it needs some more work?  I agree the yellow armor looks cooler, he's got blue on to match his surroundings a bit more as in this pic -

On Jango, I hate the legs.  I need to retool that a lot.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 2, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Funny, I was Posting my reply while you were updateing the pics.

Looks much better now :)

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 2, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Thanks, I should have just painted it the first time instead of causing confusion.   :)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 3, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Holy crap!
I like the new Jango, I dont like his legs though.
You know, I was thinking about what this custom would look like if somebody made it and speak of the devil it has to be Chewie!
I like the new Rykrof, he looks neat in his new armor.
The Twi Lek looks a little thin in his armor?
Maybe its just a trick of the eyes...
Great new update!
P.s. where do you get all those evolution packs from?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 3, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Fantastic update Chewie. I like the newly painted jetpack. It looks much better than the old colors. Its good to see Rykrof in a new outfit. My favorite is the twi'lik in clone armor. I like the mix of colors in the armor. I wonder how the twi'lik would look in a different color skin? You don't see male twi'lik done in different colors like the females are.

The assassin is very cool. I like how the upper part is painted tan. Jango is better than the hasbro version. I'm not sure about the pose he is in though. He kind of looks like he is saying  "tell me where the restroom is now or I'll blow you head off!" Good stuff.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours