Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474651 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 01.08.06
« Reply #1575 on: January 8, 2006, 12:56 PM »
That's ok, I think I prefer the second (or I guess it's the third) version better, at least in person.  The soft goods hair before in person just looked... weird.  If I can find a better material I might give it one more whirl, but for now I do like the current one.  Thanks for the criticism though.

I was hoping you would like the Outer Rim pilot, check your PMs when you get a chance.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 8, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I like the first hair better. The choice of parts, the paint and detail's great- I just think it's looks a tad oversized. Just my opinion though. The Outer Rim pilot is awesome- I just love the way it looks. You've been putting out some better-than-usual customs lately, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 9, 2006, 02:28 AM »
Damn the hair!   :)

Quinlan Vos

I still think it looks ok, but could be better for sure.

Ok, here's a few more customs I did this weekend for the Rykrof Enloe series, now it's off to sleep.

NOMMEL THE GRAN

Parts used -

head - ROTS Ask Aak
rest - POTJ Plo Koon

FEMALE WOOKIEE PEASANT

head - ROTS Chewbacca
arms - ROTS Chewbacca
body/robes - ROTS Passel Argente
legs - SAGA Bespin Chewbacca

KASHYYYK SQUAD w/ SERGEANT KRAIST

head - POTJ Biker Scout
shoulder pad - ROTS Clone Commander
body/arms/legs - ROTS AT-RT Driver

MYSTERY BOUNTY HUNTER

helmet - SAGA Jango Fett
torso - POTJ Biker Scout
arms - 300th Boba Fett
thighs - POTC Gotal
shins - ROTS Gree

« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 10:56 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 01.09.06
« Reply #1578 on: January 9, 2006, 03:09 AM »
Da-aamn!!

This is some great stuff, Chewie! Let me break it down:

QUINLAN VOS: While I think I liked the hair better on the first on (at least as far as the way it laid) this hair is actually more accurrate, if a little wild looking. Still, this is tortured dark side Quinlan, so I think it works.

NOMMEL THE GRAN: Another great robed figure. Is Nommel a senator, peasant, underworld contact? It will be interesting to see where he turns up in the Rykrof saga, Great job on his skin tone.

FEMALE WOOKIEE PEASANT: Not sure how I feel about this one. There's a definite feminine feel to this, but it's hard to put my finger on what about this one disturbs me. Great paint job, though.

SERGEANT KRAIST: Interesting parts swap! I kind of dig this guy, even though I usually don't fancy the monochromatic look. It really works here, and I look forward to seeing how he shows up in the photonovels. The boots seem a little out of place as the rest on his armor follows a basic color pattern, but he looks cool. I love the shoulder armor, but you've stumped me as to all the pieces involved in making it. How about a recipe on this guy?

MYSTERY BOUNTY HUNTER: My favorite of the bunch. I love the paint scheme, and the parts usage is inspired. Another great example of hunters taking discarded armor in the field. The Fett hands look great with the white-fingered gloves...gives him a touch of personality, I think. If this guy ever goes into one of your customs sales, I'm officially calling dibs.  ;D I definitely want a parts list on him!

Great update, Chewie! You are easily one of the most talented and imaginative of our little hobby.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 9, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Thanks DD.  Sorry I didn't post recipes last evening, I was just exhausted - I'll edit the thread with recipes.

On Vos, I agree the old one's hair laid better, this one I think looks a little more realistic, though it's still not what I'd like.  Oh well.  Dredlock hair isn't my thing.   ;)

For Nommel, I think he will be more of the underworld contact type like you mentioned.

The female Wookiee was a bit of a hard figure to cobble together in the sense of I didn't know where I was going with the custom. 

On Kraist, I agree I will probably repaint the boots.  Maybe black, or at least darker than the rest of his armor.

The Mystery Bounty Hunter is probably my favorite of the bunch, or Kraist.  I'm not sure.  But he will be of a character in the Rykrof series, but I don't want to give away his identity just yet.  Will he be a friend, foe, or a traitor to Rykrof?  All I'll say that it's not Rykrof.   ;)

Thanks for the feedback DD!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #1580 on: January 9, 2006, 11:09 AM »
i love the mystery bounty hunter, the use of the gotal's thighs is brilliant

i'm just sad you sacrificed a 300th boba just for parts :-[
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 9, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I love the update.  I like the Gran.  I want to make more generic aliens like these. 

It kills me, how quickly you guys are able to identify body parts from some many sources.  I can tell I'm a rookie at this!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 9, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Sweet set of customs Chewie. That Vos looks like Bob Marley after he's gotten into some bad hash.

The mystery bonty hunter is a good combination of colors and left over fett and clone parts. Nommel the gran makes for a good senator. Is it just me or does most of your senators have blue robes?  I like how Sergeant Kraist  has a different color for his lower legs. It breaks up the greyness of the figure and makes him more interesting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #1583 on: January 9, 2006, 12:16 PM »
More wonderful work, Chewie!  I have commented elsewhere on the mystery hunter, Cmdr. Kraist, and Nommel, so here goes with some of the things from earlier on, upon which I haven't commented yet:

Quinlan Vos: Softgoods hair!  Hooray!  :) Very ambitious, and it turned out great.  (How did you get it on his head, incidentally? And did you spray seal it afterwards?  It looks that way.)  Yes, as Phruby points out, he does have that sort of Bob Marley look, but in a determined, Jedi sort of way. 

Female Wookiee Peasant:  Dath Delicious, I wonder if it's the eyes & teeth that don't seem right to you?  They do seem a bit too white, almost "deer-in-the-headlights"-ish.  Maybe if they were more off-white or a light tan?  Still, I like the concept for the custom, and it's definitely a very creative one that one does not see every day.

Darth Plagueis the Wise: Great use of the imagination!  I think it's neat that you made him, especially with no reference pictures about, but that's part of the fun, of course.  Definitely very very creepy, in a good way, and consistent with what we know about the character.  I have a totally different mental picture of the character, whom maybe I'll customize some day... hey, come to think of it, Plagueis (or characters without reference pics in general) would make a really cool Casting Call or Customizers' Challenge, no?  :)

Outer Rim Pilot:  I like how svelte he is (and I know why he's svelte), and I LOVE that he's basically wearing jeans.  :D  Great transformation of that Naboo helmet (or I think that's what it is)!

Always enjoy seeing your work very much, even if it does take me a while to comment sometimes.  It's just that I want to give it the attention & time it deserves!  Happy customizing, and I look forward to more, as always.  8)

... the Findswoman

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 9, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the Darth Plaguies (sp?) photo

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #1585 on: January 9, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the Darth Plaguies (sp?) photo

He was some pages ago now.  I just hadn't gotten around to commenting on him till now, but gosh, now I can't find him either in  this thread... or in any of Chewie's other customs threads.  Help!  :o   

But he did have one -- he was sort of Dr. Doom meets the Sith.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 9, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Thanks Findswoman, it seems like most people like the soft goods hair better on my Vos.  But in person, I think the final version looks a bit better.  Could just be me though.  Looks like you have an idea of who the pilot is with the green mask.

For the Plageuis figure, it's several pages back now.  Here's the pic of it.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 9, 2006, 03:59 PM »
hooray :D loving this quin far more than the soft goods.  while i can appretiate soft goods and the time and effort that people take to make their own I've never really been a big fan of it, at least not on 3 3/4 size figure anyway.  now that i've had a look at yours chewie and can see the way you went with the dreads i think i can start on mine now, i've been at a total loss on how to even start with the hair i've not even bother trying much with it.  i think mine will be jedi version mostly because i don't think i'll ever be able to get his skin tone right especially with the bare arms.  as for the rest love the Gran didn't have a clue as to whose body that was.  usually on most people stuff i see it right away.  the wook the teeth and eyes are a little too white or should i say too much contrast i'd have made her maybe a tan color.  lovin' kraist the parts blend great together.  although the "metalic" look on a clone while different i'd prefer to see him in white with legion markings or camo coloring.  the bounty hunter once again great use of parts and color i'm really liking the pose on the left, but i'd give him a different gun.  on plageuis would the mask be removable and he only wears it to hide his true identity, or is it an all the time sort of thing kind of like cobra commander?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 9, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Neat, there is so much to comment about though!
I love the Kraist clone and the bounty hunter.
Really great ideas and I cant wait for the next issue of Rykrof Enloe.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 9, 2006, 06:49 PM »
Chewie, I don't get to check your udates everyday, but when I do check in, I'm continually amazed at your ingenuity. I dare say your paint apps continue to improve and the figures look as seemlessly put togeather as any Hasbro release.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."