Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472171 times)

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 01.12.06
« Reply #1605 on: January 12, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Great work as always Chewie!

It amazes me how many quality customs you pound out almost on a daily basis! Anyone can pump out poorly painted Clones (and usually do so in great numbers :( ), but to produce professional-grade customs in these numbers is very impressive! I do the same myself occasionally, but usually only for a week or two then I take a break for a few weeks only doing maybe one figure or vehicle a week or so. You, on the other hand, seem to work almost constantly. Now that's dedication :D

Now for the specifics:

B4-D2 is one of my favorite figures you have done in a long while! While all of your figures are great, there's just something about this one that screams "cool". I may actually have to swipe this recipe (although in different colors and some additional details just to differentiate mine from yours), which is something I have never done before!

The ITK Droid, while a very interesting concept, falls a bit short. Literally short, as in "those little arms couldn't really do much damage unless the victim is basically placed up against the droid" ;)   Give it some longer (possibly articulated in some fashion) arms and you've got yourself another winner! The head looks fantastic as does the weathering.

Great job on both of these :D
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1606 on: January 12, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Chew, that B4 droid is great!!
I really like it.

That head would be perfect for the KOTOR Droid.

Cool stuff.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 12, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Chewie, I LOVE the custom astromech!  What a GREAT look!  Terrific job.

The ITK droid is also imaginative and original.  I love that, too.

However, that droid doesnt' exactly scream "Interrogate, Torture, Kill."

Here's why (IMHO) - He's very big and doesn't look, well, especially mobile.  It looks like the kind of droid you'd be perfectly safe from unless you're literally standing right next to him.

Granted, if you're a prisoner, you probably don't have a lot of mobility.  Still, he looks too easy to dodge and get away from.

Give this guy more arms.  LOTS of arms.  Spindly and long and sinister looking.

At present, he looks a little industrial to me.

Still, excellent work!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Thatnks guys, I envision the ITK droid having much longer arms.  I became frustrated trying to find the right appendages for him, so was planning on making more parts "digital" in the actual photonovel it is in.  But before that, I'll check some more to see if I can find what I am looking for.

:P

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 12, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Great Update Chewie!

Both of these Droids are Great Customs. They Both fit really well into the Star Wars Universe, But  B4-D2 is clearly the Stand out of the two.

The Palet you've chosen gives it age and a history.  It could have easily been one of the Droids in the Sandcrawler. The Red and Grey Panels > Very nice touch, not to flashy not to dull.

The Part mix is where this Custom gets it's character. It looks like an Evolutionary Step from the KOTOR Droids to the Orig Trillogy's Astromechs, a "Missing Link".

and I love the name B4-D2 (Before-Deetoo) Very clever.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 12, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Chewie,  another great update.  I can't believe how many customs you can crank out.  I love the B4-D2.  I think the "top" on that droid is great.  The paint job is superb.    I don't like the torture droid as well as but not because he's not a great custom.  I'm just not sure of the place for him.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 12, 2006, 10:45 PM »
I've used regular art paint on my clones and custom R2 but the paint rubs off, is there some kind of sealer I should use? I've only done four customs - 3 clones and now my first r2, so any advice would be cool!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1612 on: January 12, 2006, 11:39 PM »
B'omaar Monk legs, perhaps? Not sure if you have any extras you can harvest parts from, but I could see those as arms for the ITK droid... they reach out and surround the prisoner, then smaller more sinister arms emerge from the droid's body to do their worst.

:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 13, 2006, 02:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments, they are much appreciated. 

For paint sealer, yes - I suggest the matte acrylic seal spray that Walmart sells in their arts/crafts section.

B'omaar Monk legs - what a great idea!  I might go back and look into something of the sorts. 

On the torture droid, this preview pic for the next photonovel should give more of a hint as where its place fits in.  I added a couple of differnt arms to it and am happier with it, but might add another one.  Thanks guys, and please let me know what you think of this preview pic and how the droid looks now.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 01.13.06
« Reply #1614 on: January 13, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Looks like Rykrof has gotten himself into (or out of) a jam.

Can't wait to see how this one plays out..I really wasn't expecting it when I was reading #17.

BTW...the photo editing keeps getting better...you're really getting it down now.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 13, 2006, 04:33 PM »
The set, the lighting are AMAZING!

The torture table is friggin' SWEET!  Wow, amazing!!!!

My ONLY minor gripe with the droid is his base...again, he just doesn't look very "mobile".  I can't see any visible means of locomotion, which makes it seem like Rykrof could just hide in the corner and be safe.

but, seriously, this is a GREAT preview!  Can't wait to see the next chapter (oops - that reminds me, still have to finish my comments for #18!)

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1616 on: January 13, 2006, 04:46 PM »
In re: Mobility, see

:-)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 13, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Cool torcher droid Chewie. What is that torcher chair made out of?  You have too many good ideas.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 14, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Is that Owen's torture table?

The droid looks great, Chewie...a truly original design that fits in well with the SW universe. Really sinister, and the weathered paint job is amazing and incredibly realistic. The droid could be in the Lucasfilm archives, it looks so real.Some of the stuff you come up with really blows me away.

I think part of the reason you're so prolific and creative is the photonovel series. Your story calls for a torture droid, so you have to create a convincing one. Voila! Necessity truly is the mother of invention.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 16, 2006, 02:17 AM »
Thanks everyone, I agree that just because a droid doesn't look like it hovers around like the green goblin, doesn't mean it can't get to someone.  Especially if someone has been bound on an interrogation rack (as seen in the preview - yep Owen made that a while back for me) and has been drugged up.  I figure the droid has some sort of means of locomotion underneath it, like InRem showed, or like this droid we all know -

Thanks everyone for the nice words on the other stuff too.  I didn't get anything done on the series this weekend due to helping a friend move and watching some football, and being pretty worn out.  But I still managed to crank out two more customs.

Cell Guard

Mubaas Fuuda