Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474219 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 01.29.06
« Reply #1710 on: January 30, 2006, 08:05 PM »
I love the whipid. Hes great, but my 1 thing is he has 3 toes where as whipid's have 2 :-\. I like the imps. The Rots body is just perfect for any officers.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 08:24 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 30, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I think you mean that Whipids have two toes.  Yeah, I noticed that too, but to me that's just not a big deal.  Lucas changes things all the time, like the Gran species.  Remember what their hands looked like in ROTJ?  Like a big fat bandaged hand, then for the prequels they changed the hands completely.

The Imperial bodies are actually based off the ESB sculpt of Veers, not any ROTS sculpt.  Though that is a good sculpt too they used on Tarkin.  I just don't really like the color.

Bought two more Veers tonight at an Antique Mall for customs... $10.00 each.  Not cheap, but what the hell, I get paid tomorrow and want to make a few more Imperials now rather than later.  Almost picked up a couple of AT-AT drivers too, but I'm ok with having 4 of them.  Will definitely pick up a few more at retail if I see them again.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1712 on: January 30, 2006, 08:25 PM »
um, yeah thanks for the catch Chew. :-X

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 31, 2006, 10:30 AM »
No problem.  And I've been slaving over the next Rykrof in the spare time... look for it to be posted by tomorrow night!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 31, 2006, 06:42 PM »
You, keep pumping out quality stuff Chewie!

Bait Puelo> I love the Paint job on his Armor. It looks very realistic, the weathering is perfect. When picking a bright color like red for armor it is very easy to make it look cheezy but you've executed it very nicely.

Kala in Battle Gear> This is the best rendition of this character to date. He looks Bad @$$. I love the Use of the Swamp Rat Cloak I've had that piece of fodder in my bin for sometime now just waiting for the right inspiration to put it to use. I think I have that inspiration now.

The Admirals> I like the Boshek head on this body, too bad Veers didn't come w/ a removable Cap. Mabey Owen could whip you up a couple. The Other 2 seem to be Suffering from No Neck.  Funny, that Paleon head looks just Like a Custom Paleon head I saw at FX in Orlando this Weekend. Was that Head cast from the Same Custom Sculpt?

Gamor> What a perfect Melding of parts. That is one Tuff looking Whipid. I never would have thought that head would have worked on the Muftak Body. I give you a 10 out of 10 for enginuity.

The Rykrof Shots> Your getting better w/ every Chapter. I can't wait to read this one. What Editing Program are you using?

Sorry I have'nt replied in a while I've been very busy with work lately. :(

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1715 on: January 31, 2006, 09:39 PM »
Hi Ya Chewie

Mate I've just finisjed looking at all your figures and woe mate awesome work as always man your paint skills and custom skills are awesome. And I just checked out the last photo novel and its looking great it's keeping me on the edge of my seat can't wait to see the next lot.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 1, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Thanks guys, it's funny, because I go a few days without an update and I feel like I'm slacking.  Personal life, and the Rykrof Enloe series has kept me busy, and so has work lately.  I haven't had as much time as I want towards customs as of late.  Look for a new Rykrof story very soon though.

Also, I thought this looked like a hot custom to try later.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 1, 2006, 04:04 PM »
I am SO going to make that one! Where's the image from?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 1, 2006, 04:35 PM »
It's some chick in an upcoming Dark Horse comic series, I believe set around one hundred years after ANH.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 1, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Wowsa.  I like that.  I've been thinking about making some female twileks.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 1, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Darth Maul-ena. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 1, 2006, 06:37 PM »
It's some chick in an upcoming Dark Horse comic series, I believe set around one hundred years after ANH.

Looks like it'll be a cool custom to make...good luck on the designs though.  :o
« Last Edit: February 1, 2006, 06:38 PM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 2, 2006, 12:36 AM »
I'm a major fan of Ostander's writing and Jan's art, so I'll be first in line for that new series. (And I'm sure I'll have lots of new customs to create from it as well!)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 2, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Yep, that would be a hard paint scheme probably.  But might be fun to try.  Or maybe make a fan fic version with one's own paint scheme, possibly a little less elaborate.

Ok!  The next Rykrof story is so close to being done.  I've got the script done and just 2-3 more pics to do... and now I'm having a feeling that I want to go back and redo some... not sure what I should do yet.  At times like these, it's time for another preview.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.02.06
« Reply #1724 on: February 2, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Yah know, that female twi'lik wouldn't be that difficult to make. Don't paint the black tatoos directly on the figure. Instead make decals in photoshop and apply them just like you were decaling a model car.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours