Thanks guys as always the feedback and ideas are appreciated.hemble
- Thank you very much, but the only part on Tame Heem that I didn't paint was the skin... it's naturally that tone from the SAGA Cantina sets a couple years back. And thanks on the vehicles, I was pretty nervous trying to paint them.Clone Commander
- Thanks, I like the Scorpion Droid too. I would love to make another one, but the parts aren't cheap so it will probably just be one.BrentS
- The head is from the EPI "soft goods" Obi Wan, with the cloth skirt. It was one of the last figures in the EPI line. That Scorpion droid might not be too durable of a droid as you pointed out, but pretty nimble for mountain and other rocky environments. They will be deployed on Rhen Var in a future photonovel.Darth Delicious
- Thanks, and yeah I'm getting happier with the painting. I didn't really start doing washes until recently, but I think I like them better than dry brushing. Or at least doing a combo of the two seems to work well. The droid will have a pretty important role in the photonovel series, and will show up sometime soon.Ryan
- You better get back to reading! Thanks for the comments and you're probably right on Obi Wan's skirt. I'll probably leave it as it is, but it wouldn't look bad if it was shorter. On the astromech, it will be a very old model. Maybe not quite 20,000 years old, but it will be pretty damn old. I was going to do more to it, but I'm out of ideas and kind of fed up with this little guy. Gregorbian
- You're right on Tame Heem, and that's actually a revision of an earlier version of him. He could have a more stooped over look but I don't know how I would accomplish that. I guess he's just a more upright Ithorian. The removable arms on the droid were a pain to do, but I felt like trying something different. Worked out pretty good as it's a neat feature I hadn't tried before.
Thanks everyone. If I can get to it, I'll start on a new foamcore diorama this week and maybe have it done by the weekend so I can start another photonovel next week.