Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472102 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 02.13.06
« Reply #1755 on: February 13, 2006, 01:54 AM »
Who's been a busy boy then. :o

Tame Heem - I like this figure just for the fact that he looks simple and the paint work especially on the skin is fantastic.

Air Skimmer and RS-1P - I'm really in awe at these two crafts even thou they are small the have alot of detail to them and the waethering is amazing.

Scorpian Droid - now these little buggers rock they are very well done and look like they mean bussiness.

D4-602 - Mate this little driod looks so old he looks like he should'nt work you've done a excellent job on giving him that really old look well done.

Ron

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 13, 2006, 08:33 AM »
NEAT!!
I like the scorpian droid the most.
Really nice figures.
Especially Tame Heem.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 13, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Chewie, This is a great update!  I really like the improvements on the astromech.  He doesn't seem as out of place.

Obi-wan looks great.  Where did you get that braid?  It looks really good on him.

The scorpion droid is also a good combination of parts (giblets or whatever you call them).  I wonder how durable those would be for the Sepratists.

The painting on the vehicles looks amazing.

Keep it up!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 13, 2006, 01:55 PM »
That braid comes on the version of Obi-Wan that Chewie used.

Great job on all of these, Chewie. The paint apps are really what set your work apart. Tame Heem's skin tone looks awesome.

The repainted GIJOE Skyhawk looks awesome as well, and the Scorpion droid...very original! I also prefer this redesign of D4 to the original version...he looks a lot cooler. I love old droids, and he looks like a cranky old astromech. I look forward to seeing what kind of quirks you give him in the photonovel.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 13, 2006, 02:14 PM »
That braid comes on the version of Obi-Wan that Chewie used.

Let me re-phrase then.... which Obi-Wan is that head from?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1760 on: February 13, 2006, 02:44 PM »
CHEWIE- I'll just comment on these quickly cause I stil have to read 100 pages and write a 3 page research paper by tonight. :-X

Obi-Wan: Like I was telling you last night, I LOVE this figure. You did a great job with the painting and the part selection doesn't get any better than that. If I had to make one suggestion, I'd say the "skirt" needs to be shortened a bit. I seem to remember that part being shorter on the EP1 costume.

Tame Heem: I like this new version a lot. It is very simple, yet there is something about it that makes it look very unique. I believe it is the head-dress thing. Excellent work.

Air Skimmer and RS-1P - Like hemble said, these are awesome. Excellent weathiring and greebly use. You should customize vehicles more often. :)

Scorpian Droid - I like this one a lot as well, fatastic usage of greeblies.

D4-602 - I like the astromech a lot but I find it hard to believe he is Pre-Republic, the Republic started almost 20,000 years BBY didn't it? It's not that I don't believe that he could have survived that long, its just the R2 body is a bit too recognizable. I think some think more like T3 from KOTOR would look better.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1761 on: February 13, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Awesome update, I really like those vehicles!

Tame Heem - Cool custom, especially the use of the Rancor Keeper's headdress.  One thing that looks a bit off is that I always thought that Hammerheads had a slightly more stooped posture, Tame looks a bit too upright.  I guess I'm just basing that off of the Momaw Nadon figure, and he was bar scum, so I guess Tame would hold himself a little better.

Air Skimmer - Awesome!  I love it!  Great repaint and it definitely has a Star Wars feel to it.  I can see these things skimming around on Hoth or patrolling Endor. 

Scorpion Droid - Very ingenious use of parts and an overall clever design.  If B'omar Monks weren't so hard to come across cheaply, it would be cool if you made a whole bunch of these guys.  I can see these guys sneaking out of crevices to ambush unsuspecting clones.  Great job!

RS-1P - Another great vehicle repaint, I think it is really effective.  I always liked his mini-rig and your paint scheme definitely makes it look much better than the original.   I might have to pick up one of these and try repainting it too.

D4-602 - Very cool!  The bits that you added really make this guy look ancient.  I like the removable "arms" too.  Great work, very original!

Obi-Wan - You've made the definitive Ep. I Obi-Wan here, nice job!  If hasbro released this guy, they would not need to release a different version.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 13, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Thanks guys as always the feedback and ideas are appreciated.

hemble - Thank you very much, but the only part on Tame Heem that I didn't paint was the skin... it's naturally that tone from the SAGA Cantina sets a couple years back.  And thanks on the vehicles, I was pretty nervous trying to paint them.

Clone Commander - Thanks, I like the Scorpion Droid too.  I would love to make another one, but the parts aren't cheap so it will probably just be one.

BrentS - The head is from the EPI "soft goods" Obi Wan, with the cloth skirt.  It was one of the last figures in the EPI line.  That Scorpion droid might not be too durable of a droid as you pointed out, but pretty nimble for mountain and other rocky environments.  They will be deployed on Rhen Var in a future photonovel.

Darth Delicious - Thanks, and yeah I'm getting happier with the painting.  I didn't really start doing washes until recently, but I think I like them better than dry brushing.  Or at least doing a combo of the two seems to work well.  The droid will have a pretty important role in the photonovel series, and will show up sometime soon.

Ryan - You better get back to reading!  Thanks for the comments and you're probably right on Obi Wan's skirt.  I'll probably leave it as it is, but it wouldn't look bad if it was shorter.  On the astromech, it will be a very old model.  Maybe not quite 20,000 years old, but it will be pretty damn old.  I was going to do more to it, but I'm out of ideas and kind of fed up with this little guy.   ;)

Gregorbian - You're right on Tame Heem, and that's actually a revision of an earlier version of him.  He could have a more stooped over look but I don't know how I would accomplish that.  I guess he's just a more upright Ithorian.  The removable arms on the droid were a pain to do, but I felt like trying something different.  Worked out pretty good as it's a neat feature I hadn't tried before.

Thanks everyone.  If I can get to it, I'll start on a new foamcore diorama this week and maybe have it done by the weekend so I can start another photonovel next week.

:P

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 13, 2006, 09:46 PM »
I'm loving the clone anti-terrorist unit. I think Rykrof would look better in just another suit just like the troopers, or possibly the Bacarra helmet, but no pauldron. I think that Rykrof stands out too much from the other troopers. But, what ever floats your boat. And if I'm starting to sink it, by all means, let me know. I'm no customizer, and even if I was, I wouldn't be as good as you. I just have an imagination, and I'm just offering suggestions. Tame Heem looks awesome. He looks like he is going to some late night meeting and doesn't want to be seen or noticed. The Air Skimmer would look great landed in a Tatooine diorama or some other desert planet, maybe in a hangar. Maybe Rykrof can go on an undercover desert mission to track down the Badoo Corba in that ship?
The Scorpion Droid looks cool. The color is a little light for the Separatist droids, but now it stands out from other droids. It looks a little flimsy and skelatal, kind of like a giant buzz droid with no shell. It looks sweet. The RS-1P is awesome. It looks great. It looks like a mini Imperial Shuttle. It really fits in with the Republic flight craft, but maybe add some Republic insignias? The photonovel preview with the ship, well, from the angle anyway, looks like a Viper starship from BattleStar Galactica. The astro droid is different. I like it. Where is it from. Does it appear in the Knights of the Old Republic Video Game? Just curious. The Obi-Wan is fantastic. If they ever release an Obi-Wan Evolution set, Hasbro should take a lesson from yours so they don't skrew it up. See ya, and keep up the good work. Sorry for the really long post.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 14, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Misterpalpatine, thank you for the review.  They are never too long!

I think you might be right on Rykrof, maybe he shouldn't have the shoulder pauldron.  The astromech droid will show up in a photonovel soon... probably found among many other droids in an ancient relic site.  It's not based off any video game.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 14, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Chewie, i just don't get enough time to comment on all the wonderful customs you are able to do, but the latest additions you have here are all amazing.

My favorites are the Ithorian Senator & Obi-Wan Episode I.

The senator looks so believable, i swear he had to be in the background somewhere in ROTS. the outfit and the body shape are just what the Ithorians look like, not too bulky or skinny. i really like the colors you chose as well, not too bold or gaudy, but something befitting a senator.

The Ep. I Obi-Wan is stunning. i never liked any of the Hasbro figures much at all, but the quality of this figure is beyond that of the VOTC (minus the soft goods). the head looks amazing and the braid is a great addition. i love the slight weathering to the outfit also.

And the mini-rigs too are really cool looking! its kind of a shame Hasbro doesn't produce anything like that, like Kenner did in the vintage days...something that fits into the SW Universe, but was just off camera.

keep up the wonderful work, i enjoy your updates!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 15, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Thanks Ripley.

Ok, one quick custom tonight is all I could accomplish, a new version of FREELO.  Thought it would be cool to show him in an action sequence.

head - ROTS Meena Tills
hands - ROTS Meena Tills
body - POTC Myo
vest - POTJ Bespin Han Solo

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 02.15.06
« Reply #1767 on: February 15, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Long live Freelo! Awesome addition to the custom army, CHEWIE.

The paint apps there are solid as ever; I can't wait to see how he fits into the story. Since he's in an action sequence, is this a sneak preview of the next R.E. chapter?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 15, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Cool design for Freelo Chewie.

I like what you did to the astromech. The eyes look good and does the arms. He's alot more finished feeling now. That Scorpion Droid is cool. It looks like something that would be walking around jabba's palace.  Good idea to use the hood for Tame Heem. It makes him stand out a little bit more from the other hammerhead guys you've made. He looks like he's somekind of priest or holyman dressed that way.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 15, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Thanks guys.  On Freelo, that's really just an action pose for the fun of it, not a preview to another chapter.  But he will be seeing some action soon in the series.  I'm not too happy with the vest... I think I need to make it a darker color.  I almost think maybe I should try abd find a second Myo and not even repaint it for this custom.