Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474157 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 02.15.06
« Reply #1770 on: February 16, 2006, 01:11 AM »
I can barely keep my eyes open, but here's a quick update.  I redid the latest Freelo figure some -

And here is a Separatist Surveillance Port -

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.16.06
« Reply #1771 on: February 16, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Wow Chewie Freelo looks great the POTC Mayo repaint is fantastic, but the Separatist Surveillance Port HOLY SH#T Mate the is one of the best weathering jobs I've seen in a bloody long time A BIG 2 THUMBS UP well done indeed.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1772 on: February 16, 2006, 09:20 AM »
CHEWIE -

You were right about the vest, as it appears you did darken it a little compared to the jumpsuit color.  Freelo is the man... er, the Mon. :P

The surveillance port is incredible. I can see that plopped down on any SW planet we've seen to date, and it looks *very* Star Wars. That outpost looks familiar to me - is it a Joe or Corps! item? Please let me know, as I have something in mind for just that size playset...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 16, 2006, 09:41 AM »
My guess is its Corps. It does fit very well in the star wars universe.Very Chewie quality. I worry about army toys fiting in. I guess I've just seen too many clones that look more like socom than star wars.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: February 16, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Sorry I didn't give more specs last night on these, I was whipped.

The Surveillance Port is a GI Joe - Cobra playset from 1985.  It was one of my favorites as a kid.  I got a couple recently on ebay for a custom project.  Thanks for the kind words.  I really like this and thought it would work well for the Separatists.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 16, 2006, 04:28 PM »
The Freelo figure is really cool. The brighter colors really make him stand out, maybe like his party outfit or something. When I saw the first version you posted on 2-15, I glanced at the pic really quickly, so I thought he was using a double bladed lightsaber. :P   The Seperatist  Surveillance Port looks very nice. The color looks great with the Red Battle Droids. It would look great in a Seperatist Fortress, like the buildiung in Clone Wars Chapter 22, I believe. Looks great. Keep up the great work Justin!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 16, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Freelo looks great, but that port is fargin' awesome!  Such a damn good paint job I didn't realize it was a Joe piece.  Expert work as always, Chewlio.  I think we all need to get a thesaurus when responding to your posts...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1777 on: February 16, 2006, 09:52 PM »
I love the custom Freelo - the paint scheme and apps are obviously top-notch, great work there.
He definitely has the Star Wars-vibe to him, I think this might be one my favorite customs done by you. 

I also like the Separatist Surveillance Port.  The weathering is awesome and all of the accessories look like they came right out of the movies.  I really like the satellite dish, it reminds me of the Millenium Falcon  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: February 16, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Wow Chewie your a Machine!.

Sorry I have'nt commented in a while. It's just so hard trying to keep up w/ you. You've really been pumping em out.

1st Up Mygetto Troopers> Great paint Aps. The Colors are dead-on. These are some of the best I've seen. My only critique is: They would look more Accurate w/ the Bakura Kama & Belt.

Seargent> Very Cool looking Clone. I like the look of the Cloak over the Armor. The paint Aps on the Helmet really give this guy a dark foreboding look.  I've been inspired, I think I'll have to bolster my Mygetto troops w/ a Seargent of there own.

Kashyyyk Troopers> Great Paint Aps. I just can't buy these Scout Trooper Repaints as the Kashyyyk Clones. Thats no fault of your own, Hasbro just needs to get on the Ball and give us an SA Kashyyyk Trooper.

Gonk Droid> Love the Color scheme and the gadgets on top give it a great unique look.

Imperial Intelligence Officer> I really Like this uniform although I always thought the Intelligence Officers wore Red. This is one Imp. Custom I have yet to make. My only Critique is why do you keep using the Ugliest Imperial head Sculpt Habro has produced.

Ancient Astro Mech Droid> I 'm really glad you redid this Custom. The Original was just lacking.  The revision is sweet. This looks like something right out of KOTOR.

Counter Terror Unit> Great looking Bunch of Troopers. The Paint Aps are perfect. The Helmet Paint Matches the Armor, did you have to repaint the Hole Trooper or did you just paint the Helmets? The Weathering is amazing as usuall w/ your work. I had a similar Idea for  one of my Photo Novel Characters. An old ARC Trooper who did'nt want to give up the Extra Protection provided by his Phase 2 Trooper Armor but still needed the Upgraded Sensors and Comm. Provided by the Stormtrooper Gear. I created a little back story on why the Old Armor was better and why the Empire had chosen the new inferior Stormtrooper Armor. Thats still a couple of episodes deep into my series.

Tame Heem> Get that poor guy a Colar extender. I think some type of Hooded Cloak my help these parts meld togeather more smoothly. I can't wait to se what you do w/ this guy when you get your hands on the new fodders available later this year.

Air Skimmer> Great use of some Joe Vehicle Fodder. I've actually thought of attaching that Cockpit to some Walker Legs to make an Imperial Jungle Walker (JR-AT) Jungle Recon Armored Transport. Aaaahh my never ending list of unfinished and undone Customs.

Scorpion Droid> Best of the Buch! This looks like something out of a nightmare.
Great Job. It's hard to make Droids that come off as really Dangerous an Scarry but this one pulls it off. I'd put this one just Under your Sith Witch on the Scale of Eivel. I can't wait to see these in action.

RS-IP> Great wheathering job. I always thought these looked to small to Travel Outside the Atmosphere but they do have a Great look.

Obi-wan>You don't see to many Phantom Menace Customs these days. This is the Best Custom Version of this character I've seen to date.

Freelo> Hmm, Seems like he could use a Colar Extender as well. His outfit is a little tacky but that seems to suit his character so I like it. I've never been a big fan of the Paint Aps on this Mon Cal's head. It Reminds me too much of vericose Veins. If it would'nt ruin the consistancy of your series, I'd say give him a repainted skin tone.

Surveilence Port> Another Great Use of Joe Fodder. Is this a straight repaint or did you Modify it as well? I really have to get one of those.

whew, That was a lot of typing...Oh, thanks for sticking up for me back at Scum, Chewie. I appreciate it.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 17, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Thanks guys, really nice words from all of you.  I know I keep making customs at a geek pace... gotta get them in while I'm still young and before we have kids.   :)

mister_palpatine - Thanks again as always.  Glad you think the Surveillance Port looks good with the red droids, I agree as it give it a nice contrast.  Can't wait to show this in a photonovel.

bjardkerr - Much appreciated, I'm really happy everyone seems to like that fort.   :)

Gregorbian - Thanks especially on Freelo.   I think he needs a wash on the jacket.  Something also tells me I'm not happy with something on him, but I don't know what it is.

Fritzkrieg - Wow, thatnks for all that feedback, I don't even know where to begin.

The Skyhawk with legs idea you have is just wicked... if I ever get a chance I might try and copy that idea from you if you don't mind.  The Surveillance port is just a straightup repaint - nothing added anywhere.

On the Mygeeto clones, I ran out of Kamas that I needed, so I took the cheater's way out.  I knew someone would catch that.   :D

As for the ugly Imperial head... I think the whole figure is damn ugly actually.  Not a figure I'm proud of.  Going to go into one of my "customs for sale lots" soon.

Collar extender on Tame? I don't know how to do that without making his neck look too thin...

And no problem sticking up for you or for anyone here or at Scum, or anywhere else.  You guys are my friends and when a punk tries to start a flame war, I'll be more than happy to give my two cents.

Ok - one last update for this week - using s dead Scout Trooper I got from Fritzkrieg, and a borrowed idea from Owen D on the dead Stormtrooper, here's a mini setup - imagine the Scout was burned alive and the Stormtrooper took an arrow.  Just an offscreen scene during the Battle of Endor.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 02.17.06
« Reply #1780 on: February 17, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Awesome!  That ewok ambush scene rules!
Maybe more people would like ewoks if that scene was in the film  ;)

I was thinking about customizing one of my wickets, but aside from different hoods and stuff, there isn't much to do to ewoks  :-[  Anyway, great mini-dio!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1781 on: February 17, 2006, 09:39 AM »
That's a sweet vignette, CHEWIE.

I agree that if GL had given the Ewoks some sort of edge (other than seeing ONE die), people might have more respect for them. It's like the Gungans. Jar Jar sucks pretty hard, but the species is actually not too bad, particularly their warriors (aside from the googly talk).

Ewoks, on the other hand, even fight battles like teddy bears. :P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 17, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Chewie,
I can't keep up with all your updates!  I like the ewok ambush.  Its a good use of ewoks and deadites :)

I think the Seppies bunker looks great.  I wish I had more vehicles/playset pieces so that I could do stuff like that.  I'm really worried that if I dive into a photonovel I won't have enough "background" pieces.

Freelo looks good.  I haven't been able to go back and read all the Rykrof stories yet so I'm still trying to figure what this guy is all about.  It looks like a good blend of parts.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 17, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Chewie, your latest picture gives a whole new meaning to the expression "....with a rock!"

Yikes! :o
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1784 on: February 18, 2006, 08:53 AM »
i was lookin' back at some of your older customs and at the rate your photonovels are going, if your photonovel carries into the empire, are you gonna speed up the process of time so we don't spend like five years working up to the battle of yavin? i don't want it to sound likie i'm not a fan of your photonovels, because i am, i just wanted to know.