Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473822 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 02.17.06
« Reply #1785 on: February 18, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Hi Ross - great question and thanks for asking.  The way I see it, it's taken me about a year and a half to get 20 photonovels completed... yeah that's taken a while, but considering the amount of time that goes into them, that's more than one per month.  And over 40 hours go into each one.  It's a lot of work to get one complete. 

The overall story I want to do is very long... and I understand that people want to get to the OT era in the timeline.  So, what I am thinking is that there are two options -

(1) A few shorter stories
(2) Some jumps in the timeline

I'm not sure how to go about it... but I am thinking I will be at the ANH era maybe in about a year or so... at least I'd like to be able to.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1786 on: February 19, 2006, 02:46 AM »
Awesome pic Chewie the ewoks really kick a*#e the poor troopers did'nt know what hit em.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 19, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I just can't keep up with you, Chewie! Everytime I turn around you've got another great update! Not to mantion I'm running out of adjectives to describe this stuff!

Freelo: I had to look at this figure a few times before deciding whether I liked it or not...something about the colors really played with my mind a bit. But now that I've taken a good long look at it, I think it works well. The parts choice is good, and look very natural and proportionate to Freelo's head and hands. I can also see Mon Cal's liking shades of blue as it probably reminds them a bit of home. And of course, your paint job is stellar as usual.

Surveillance Port: I always loved this toy as a kid, and leave it to you to put a great, SW spin on it. That's not easy to do...I agree with Phruby about some military customs looking more Socom than Star Wars, but that's not the case here. The paint job looks fantastic...I can see Rykrof and friends having to storm this post very soon.

As for the Rykrof timeline discussion, I would say take your time. I'm enjoying the unfolding of the clone wars and don't want to see it rushed. I'd also like to see some of what Rykrof did immediately following the events of Episode III. I suppose from there you could jump to ANH and maybe tell some of what happened to Rykrof during the missing twenty years in flashback, but I think you should trust your instincts and tell the story as it feels right to you.

That's my two cents!

-DD
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:04 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #1788 on: February 19, 2006, 04:39 PM »
 :o  Wow Chewie great stuff my man!
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 20, 2006, 12:30 AM »
I actually reworked the Freelo... I knew I was going to do it.  Something about that last look just didn't do it for me.  So I'll have new pic or two of him up soon.

On the timeline, thanks DD.  I can tell you for sure that the timeline between ROTS and ANH might actually be the most exciting part of the entire series.   I have a major story planned for right after Order 66... could really be the best one of the entire series.  I hope I can pull it off, it just takes time.  And I didn't get ANY work on the photonovel series done this weekend, which was a really nice break for me.  Might take this whole month off from it since two of them went up last month.  Plus I have a lot of diorama sets to make still for the next couple.

Onto a few new customs... I'll be straight forward and say right now that these aren't really great... not something I'm too proud of.  I was sick all weekend, and got consumed in watching the first season of 24.  I couldn't really get motivated to customize because of it, but nonetheless I made a few tonight.

CLONE PILOT

head - Evolutions pilot
body - ROTS gray pilot

Just an alternative outfit.  Not sure if I like it or hate it.

JAARTON

head - POTF2 Bossk
torso - POTF2 Hammerhead
arms/legs - POTF2 Bossk

Not too happy with this one either for some reason.  Just for a background filler probably somewhere down the road.

TAME HEEM AND MALON SHAAR

For Tame Heem is the same one I showed last week with an added on cloak that I may or may not leave on him.  For Malon Shaar, easy recipe -

head - POTF2 Hammerhead
body - SAGA Orn Free Ta
hands - POTF2 Hammerhead

Ok, that's my update for now, I'll try to have something else later in the week.  Probably one of my worst and most boring updates in a while.   :-X

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 02.20.06
« Reply #1790 on: February 20, 2006, 04:40 AM »
Chewie,

Another fine update :)

My only real suggestion would be to change the torso on the Trandoshan as the Cantina Set Momaw Nadon torso looks a bit too short for the Bossk arms and legs.

I have to say that my favorite thing you've put up in the past few days is the Surveliance Port! You said you got a few of them recently, I'd suggest combining 2 (or more) to create a nice little (maybe more or less v-shaped) mini fortress, that'd probably look really cool :D
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Thanks on the Surveillance Port, that's a good idea to combine the second one with that.  I might try that, it could look cool.

On the Trandoshan figure, yeah maybe you're right.  I was kind of liking the short, thicker torso on him to make him kind of a beer belly type figure, but maybe it doesn't look right.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 20, 2006, 01:45 PM »
No offence Justin, but these are not my favorite customs of yours. Tame Heems aide looks fantastic, though. For the Trandoshan, I like where you're going with it, but the torso gives him a funky posture. The Clone Pilot, he looks kind of odd to me, for some reason. The little tubes look kind of stretched to fit in the spot, and I don't think the colors go together to great. Just stating my opinions...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 20, 2006, 02:28 PM »
No problem, I feel the same way on the pilot.  I had said I didn't know if I liked it or hated it, and I think I hate it.  I do think I kind of like the Trandoshan though, just as a background character.  He's not supposed to be any important character or anything, just some ugly schmuck I put together with some extra parts.  Thanks for the honest feedback.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 20, 2006, 10:36 PM »
If I get motivated to work on something else tonight, I'll do so as I have tons of figures I am wanting to work on.  But for now here's a few "new" images of some older customs I've done.  Nothing too old, but a few.  I decided to throw these on ebay since I am in debt up to my eyeballs right now.  Probably will throw a few lots of figures here for sale too at around $5.00 each per figure, but for now these ones went to ebay.  I'm kind of committed to the Rykrof Enloe series right now for the customs I need anyway.  I could always go back and duplicate these if I need to.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 02.21.06
« Reply #1795 on: February 21, 2006, 12:33 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like the "Jaarton" Trandoshan custom. I think the posture works...not everyone in the universe stands perfectly straight and practices good posture. I think his odd pose makes him look older, stooped and worn down, as if he's a Merc that has seen a lot of action, has retired, and now wants nothing more than to nurse his drink at the local cantina. I also like the choice of clors...the maroon really sets it off.

The clone pilot is well done, I like it a lot. I do think he's a little too weathered...but maybe that's me, I just don't imagine these guys getting very dirty in the cockpits of their fighters...but the werathering is beautifully done, so I wouldn't change a thing. Chewie, your attention to details is getting better with every new custom you do, and that's really saying something!

Tame Heem and Malom Shaar look awesome. It's always good to see another Tame Heem, as I like seeing the Rykrof cast in new outfits...but Shaar really takes the cake. The Orn Free Ta body works well (Thank goodness someone found a use for my most hated figure, at least until Chi Eekway comes out) and the detailing, especially on the robe, looks amazing! The way you work these outdated sculpts and make them look perfectly natural standing next to the newer stuff really makes me excited to see what you'll do with the newer Momaw Nadon coming soon.

On another note, I'm sorry you're having money problems. I am glad though, that I'll have a shot at owning some Chewie originals. I encourage everyone to help Chewie out and bid early and often.

-DD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:17 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54 AM »
I support Customs by CHEWIE!

I'm the proud owner of three CHEWIE origionals, and they are the coolest figures in my collection.

I recomend you bid!

I know I will.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 21, 2006, 01:24 AM »
Thanks DD, you can always find a ray of hope in a custom I've made.  I appreciate that.  I agree the Clone is overweathered.  I'm going to redo that whole figure. 

As for the money, it's my own fault for buying so much Star Wars stuff.  I appreciate any interest in my auctions but by no means please don't feel obligated to bid on them.

Here's a few I made tonight (another reason why I'm low on funds right now) - just for customs, I picked up couple Derlins and a Rieken to see how the old Hoth Trooper head looked on them.  I think it looks ok, so now I need to buy some more Derlins.   :-X

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1798 on: February 21, 2006, 01:33 AM »
*Great* generic Rebel Trooper - I would say with the Derlin body and some articulated knees this would be the definitive version of the trooper. Really good-looking set here. Perhaps take the second Derlin and use the other POTF2 Rebel Trooper head on it.

Great stuff, CHEWIE.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #1799 on: February 21, 2006, 05:40 AM »
I too own a Chewie original, by far the best cutom SW figure I own, but I got some good ones.

Look at it this way, you are doing your part to clear the shelves for the Geonosis waves.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.