Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472207 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.23.06
« Reply #1815 on: February 24, 2006, 02:30 AM »
Man I love hearing back from you guys on these customs.  You all are so nice, considerate, and helpful.  If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't customize much at all.  But you guys are stuck with me.   ;)  And I was excited after thinking of a couple different ideas so I had to make a few more customs tonight.  Before I go into that I'll reply.

Darth_Ennis - Thanks bud, I was really going for an older look for him.  I guess I could have done more but I didn't want to overdo it.  Glad you are liking to see returning characters in the series and that the Rykrof looks ok in that outfit with the puffy sleeves.

Jediknight760071 - Thanks on the Ran figure.  It's such a simple custom and maybe I should do a bit more to it.  If I can find a set of articulated legs that work better I'll try that.

Alderaan Gaurdian - Thanks for the kind words, and nothing is worse than not being able to find figures like that.  Good luck finding them and if you have and extras from that wave I'd be interested.

Master_Phruby - Wow... I would be floored if you wanted to do that.  I'd be all for it and very appreciative.  I don't know if anyone else feels that way, but I do think it would be kind of fun.  I'd love to see different design ideas for him.  Up to you guys though.

BrentS - Thanks as always for the reviews.  I was definitley going for an older look on Valorum and can't wait until that appearance in a photonovel.  On that Endor head, I probably have altogether about 15 of them, some were dontated graciously by Fritzkrieg (thanks again buddy).

Ok, now how about an update.  Three more figures.

BAIL ORGANA

First off, a figure that I think Hasbro did a good job on but made a bit too tall and lanky, so I reworked one of them a bit.  He also looks kind of like this in one of the comic books where he is on a Star Destroyer during the Clone Wars.

head - ROTS Organa
torso - ROTS Organa
arms - ROTS Organa
skirt piece - SAGA2 Veers
legs - SAGA 2 Veers

TYLIN GERE

He's a mainstay in the Rykrof Enloe series, and I thought it was time for another look for him.  Here he is in assault gear for an upcoming mission on Rhen Var.

head - POTJ Boshek
torso - OTC Han AT-ST gear
arms - OTC Han AT-ST gear
legs - SAGA2 AT-AT driver

Then he as removable gear as shown, a heating backpack and the helmet.  Also a strap for the backpack to stay on.  I like it being removable.

RYKROF ENLOE

Here is my photonovel hero in Rhen Var Assault Gear. 

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
helmet - SAGA Snowtrooper
torso - SAGA2 AT-AT Driver
thighs - SAGA2 AT-AT Driver
shins - ROTS Clone Trooper
backpack - SAGA Snowtrooper

The chest hoses plug into the backpack really well, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and can't wait to have it in another story before too long.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 02.24.06
« Reply #1816 on: February 24, 2006, 03:05 AM »
Everyone has been having such great updates lately. :)

RAN CEYH-

I remember him too. The figure looks pretty good I agree that a a different color of pants would help him look less like Bespin Han though.

RYKROF ENLOE-

Rykrof is pimpin. The figure kind of reminds me of the "Poofy Shirt" episode of Seinfeld, not that that is a bad thing. I like the plain color choice and the part slection is wonderful.

FINIS VALORUM-

I like the disguise, it is nice and simple an shouldn't draw any un-neccesary attetion to him. His eyes look kind of funny though, like he hasn't slept in weeks.

TYLIN GERE-

The figure is very well made. I'm just not sure how big fo a fan of the outfit I am though. Only because of Tylin's rank. He is an Admiral so he wouldn't be anywhere near the fighting. And he seems so pompus now that it seems he would think it was beneath him and too great a danger even if he could get near it.

BAIL-

Nice and simple outfit, which is good because Alderaanians seem to like simple clothing. I guess I am about the only person that really liked the ROTS Bail. I thought the scale was a bout right because Jimmy Smits is a fairly tall guy.

SNOW RYKROF-

I think I like this figure even better. It is an awesome selection of parts. IT has a little OT and a little bit of a PT feel to it. I t looks like it'd fit in perfectly towards the end of the Clone Wars. I think those straps could use some weathering though. They seem a little too clean compared to the rest of his body.

Great updates Justin! I hope the wrist feels better soon. :)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:07 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 24, 2006, 03:58 AM »
Kick ass! Another Chewie update!

BAIL ORGANA:
I actually liked the height on the ROTS figure, but thought he was a bit too thin, and his legs were especially close together. This version is a great Veers/Bail combo and really does the character justice. Sometimes the simpler customs turn out the best, and this looks great. Did you have to paint any part of it, or do Veers and Bail's outfits match up pretty well?

TYLIN GERE:
I'm not sure if it's the Boshek head's goofy expression, or the fact that this guy is kind of a tool in the photonovels, but man, is that a face meant for slapping or what? Great custom though, I especially like the articulated knees. I wish Hasbro has done that for their AT-ST drivers. Now that I see what a great job you did on this one though, maybe I'll articulate them myself.

RYKROF ENLOE: RHEN VAR ASSAULT
My favorite of the bunch. Not only is this a great take on Rykrof, but a great trooper design in general. Your creativity in matching parts, while still maintaining a total Star Wars feel, is second only to your painting skills. I really, REALLY like this one, and I am so going to copy it. Definitely in my top five favorite Rykrof's. (Which I'll post a list of if you're interested.)  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1818 on: February 24, 2006, 09:30 AM »
CHEWIE -

Slap a Clone head on that Snow Rykrof and make like 10 of them. That is one of the best trooper concepts I have seen in a long, long time (rivaled only by the Rykrof in jumpsuit with gauntlets and lower leg armor and a Commander Kama).

I love the concept on Bail. It is very believable as something that would likely be designed for him were he to have appeared on film in a more Republic Army vein.

The new look for Tylin is also a winner. I like the more rumpled look of this jumpsuit on a commander... makes me believe he's seeing actual combat.

Great update as ever. Can't wait to see how you work them into your novel.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1819 on: February 24, 2006, 10:00 AM »
WOW! Since everybody here knows how much I like Alderaan, Bail and Capt. Antilles, I really love that Bail. Is it alright if I steal the idea for a Bail for my photonovel. Like I said before, I love your Valorum. If I find the box, I might borrow that idea too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 24, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Thanks everyone, your feedback is always helpful and well thought out.

Ryan - Thanks and you're right about Tylin, he's a bastard.  I thought about adding a rank badge and still might do that or add on the removable Veers armor.  Back in the earlier photonovels Rykrof and Tyling used to fight side by side, and that will happen once again in a future story.  I know Tylin has a high rank now but he will feel he will wear this field outfit out of necessity in the series due to an unexpected event in the Rhen Var photonovel that is coming up - still a few stories off.  On Bail, I just think the ROTS version is slightly too tall... probably just me.

Darth Delicious - Fortunately I didn't need to do any painting on the Bail figure except for some touch up on his eyes and hair - found him at a Walmart the other day for $1.00 in the clearance aisle.  He had a really, really bad paint application which might be why he was still there.  About Tylin, I like how everyone dislikes the character and he's perceived as a jerk... the typical Imperial.   ;)  Thanks that you think it's a good figure, I do like it quite a bit.  And I like the new Rykrof too so thanks for thinking it looks ok.  I was a bit worried that I didn't add enough color to it but I liked the plain design.  If you want to add a favorites list, by all means I'd love to see it.

In Rem - I'd love to make more of that type of Clone Rykrof Snow gear.  Maybe if I could find more AT-AT drivers on the cheap... I just bought a couple more from a local dealer at $8.00 each which is good considering how hard they are to find in my area.    Glad you like the Tylin, he'll be commanding an AT-AT most likely soon for that gear.

Alderaan Gaurdian - Glad you like the Bail, he's such an underrated character in my mind.  I like the character a lot and am surprised not to see a few more customs of him... and by all means you can borrow any ideas, Lord knows I do that all the time from everyone else too.  I made these here a while back that you might like since you like the Alderaan style -

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1821 on: February 24, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Yeah I've seen those. They got me thinking about palace gaurds for Alderaan. I'll probably use the Neomodian gaurds for mine though. They seem more Royal-ish.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 24, 2006, 11:49 AM »
I hate to say this because of my hatred of all things pegwarmer, but that Bail is sweet. He does look dead on to that pic in the comic. I dont think he would have lined the shelves if he looked like that. Nice job there.

Tylin Gere, I dont remember his name but I remember the character. I remember him from the first couple of episodes but I dont remember seeing him much since. Nice update on him.

The Main Man himself Rykroff....What can I say the man  is pimpin in the Rehn Var gear. Now that uniform I like. The clone legs are a great touch to the At-At body.The whole thing gells so well, I am definately going to do this myself.

So when is this story going to be completed. Im kinda itching for my fix. :P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 24, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I really like these latest three, Chew. 

Bail looks awesome, as his legs are now more in proportion with the rest of him.  I like how you repainted his pistol, too.  It's just one of those simple, nice touches that you add to a figure and accessories that help set it apart.  Great job.

Tylin looks great, I like the combo of accessories for him, and the removeable backpack works well.  Only suggestion I have for him is to shade his lips or under his bottom lip a bit darker, because they're kind of hard to see.  Of course, that could be camera flash, lighting, or my ailing eyes.

I like the snow gear Rykrof from the waist up.  There's something about the legs that make him look like a polka band member, like these guys:

Not trying to be all the ass that I can be, it's just how my twisted little mind works.  I think it's a combination of things:  A - The dark thighs contrasting with the white legs are in similitude with the old crackers who don dark daisy dukes, and moving south you are treated to their sun-starved knees that blend seamlessly with their white knee-highs.  B - The lines produced by the polka stud's suspenders match up with Rykrof's chest accoutrements.  C - I have an obsession with polka and the hale, strapping lads who possess such a tantalizingly feral aura when clad with their bib, tucker, and accordions.

Maybe just extend the thigh color down the legs and I won't be so twitterpated.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 24, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Ok......Aaah.....Move along. Move along. ???
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 24, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Hmmm... polka band members... I just learned something new.   :D

Maybe on his shins I should paint them gray or something.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1826 on: February 24, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Hmmm... polka band members... I just learned something new.   :D

Maybe on his shins I should paint them gray or something.

I don't think it's the shins... it's the harness hanging at the knee. I happen to think it looks *really* cool, so I hope you don't alter this R.E. further. Painting the lower legs out in gray will only serve to wash out the difference in materials used... armor on the lower leg almost always makes sense. Armor on the thighs can slow a soldier down. Same goes for the upper body. You have a GREAT concept here... don't give in to idiosyncratic ideas about what your customs look like...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 24, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Thanks In Rem.  As always you are much too kind.   ;)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 24, 2006, 06:47 PM »
 ;D Nice Chewie!
Out of the bunch I like Tylin Gere and R.E. he best, they just look so awesome!
Tylin is one of my favorite characters by the way.
Nice update chewie!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 02.23.06
« Reply #1829 on: February 24, 2006, 06:48 PM »

Wow!!  This one is really cool!  This is really original and has a very Battlefront 2-ish feel to it.  I definitely have to make some troops that look like this.  Very nice!
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.