Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475843 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 03.02.06
« Reply #1890 on: March 6, 2006, 10:55 AM »
Did you loose any data from your old hard drive?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 6, 2006, 10:58 AM »
Did you loose any data from your old hard drive?

I don't think so... I really didn't get a chance to check many of the files but it appears everything is still there... or at least I hope so.  Hopefully they can get this crap fixed soon.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 6, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Hey Chewie,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. For $400.00 you could practically get a new hard drive!

-DD

Heck for $400 you could get an entirely new computer!

Computers can be a pain to deal with. They are just not designed for someone to fix easily. I had a simular problem with the power supply frying the motherboard. Fortunately, the hard drive was ok. I pretty much built a new computer wth a new hard drive in it. Once I got everything including the usb to work, I copied my data back to the new hard drive from the old hard drive. I kept the old hard drive in as backup.

I bet all they did was install the new motherboard with the old hard drive and saw that it booted correctly but didn't try any devices. The correct way to install a new motherboard is to format the drive, reinstall the OS and programs. That is the only way you make make sure windows doesn't get confused by the new motherboard. I think windows is trying to use the old motherboard's usb drivers and won't install the new ones because it thinks the old ones are newer and correct versions.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 6, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Dear Lord I hope you get everything fixed I look forward to your updates every day. NO computer means delays in the Rykroff saga. I dontr think I can handle that. :o

But seriously I hope you do get everything back in order soon.

The Twilek looks really good, I need to get a few of those Annika figs. Ive seen so many cool possibilities that have been done with it. Its really one of the best female fodder figs there are.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 6, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Thanks my friends.  I just took that damn thing back up to the shop, they said they will get to work on it.  The technician was a bit of an ass but the president of the company was there and said he'd get it taken care of by tomorrow - it's a good thing I brough my digital camera w/ hookup along with it so they can see what the problem is. 

Here's what they said was originally wrong with it -

- motherboard has blown capacitors
- video card fan is locked up
- CPU heatsink/fan is completely clogged
- power supply is defective

So thanks for the advice guys, hopefully it can be up and running again soon.  I did get a couple new customs done over the weekend that I think you will all like, hope to get pics up soon and then get back to work on the Rykrof series.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 7, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Well despite my aggravations with my computer, nothing compares to the loss of someone.  Although of course I never got to know him personally, no athlete ever touched my life like Kirby Puckett did... his charisma and professionalism was second to none.  He impacted me growing up and was my biggest role model after my Dad.  So I am greatly saddened more than I can express over this.  It breaks my heart reading the stories and seeing video clips... especially the home run in the bottom of the 11th innning of Game 6 in the 1991 World Series - that's a moment that will forver be etched into my heart and I cried like a baby seeing it again...  :'(

I think it is time I complete my Kirby Puckett baseball card collection now, I feel disgusted with myself for quitting collecting his cards after his retiremement.  Some of that may have had to do with getting into Star Wars too.  But I never lost focus in my heart on what he meant to me growing up, and I feel like a friend has died.  It's awful.  I can honestly say that I love the guy.  I may even try to make a custom figure or two of him.

Anyways, sorry for the sob story.  I was able to get my computer fixed finally and I think things are running good.  So how about an update.

Vader's Legion

Mainly all I did here was repaint some #41 Clones and on the real Tactical Ops troopers, I replaced their head w/ #41 helmets to have better sculpts, and repainted them to give them the darker blue that I like.  And added a bit of weathering.

Jedi Master Mace Windu in Clone Armor

head - ROTS Arena Battle Mace Windu
torso - ROTS Kit Fisto
arms - ROTS Kit Fisto
legs - ROTS Kit Fisto
hands - ROTS clone trooper
forearms - ROTS clone trooper
shins - ROTS clone trooper

Jedi Master Hagen Daas

head - XD figure
body - POTJ Eeth Koth

Jedi Master Jolan Karr

head - POTJ Eeth Koth
body - ROTS Arena Battle Mace Windu

Clones disguised as Jedi

The ones with the cloaks I've shown before, the new one in the middle is -

head - ROTS Evolotions Clone
hands - XD figure
rest - ROTS Agen Kolar

Jedi Master Aayla Secura in Clone Armor

head - ROTS Aayla Secura
torso - ROTS Aayla Secura
arms - ROTS Aayla Secura
thighs - ROTS Aayla Secura
shins - ROTS #41 clone
hands - ROTS #41 clone
skirt - ROTS Shaak Ti

Jedi Master Mace Windu

head - SAGA Jedi Council Screen Scene Mace Windu
arms - SAGA2 Sora Bulq
torso - SAGA2 Sora Bulq
legs - OTC Cloud Car Pilot
boots - SAGA 2 General Veers
hands - ROTS Agen Kolar

« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 02:05 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 03.07.06
« Reply #1896 on: March 7, 2006, 03:06 AM »
VERY VERY impressive collection of Jedi mate you are a master at making such great looking figures in such a short time 2 BIG THUMBS UP .

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1897 on: March 7, 2006, 10:08 AM »
haha you make me laugh Hagen Daas, shouldn't he be bigger from all of that ice cream. ;) the ayla looks great if only hasbro had given her SA arms she'd be perfect, but heres what you could do.

Take a spare Bodyguard then break the mechanism inside. take the arms and put them in side the ayla body. then pull out the lower arms on the guard arms and cut the ayla arms to fit inside of it then glue in place. paint and you have an Ayla all decked out.
Just a thought.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1898 on: March 7, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Chewie, another great set of jedi.  I think between you and me, we have almost every jedi in clone wars armor covered.  :) 

Jedi Master Mace Windu in Clone Armor - I like how you used the Kit Fisto body for the base.  It works very well for Mace.  You did a great job painting the jedi tunic.

Jedi Master Hagen Daas - The use of the XD head was a great choice.  It really makes him look like a battle harden Jedi of the Clone Wars.

Jedi Master Aayla Secura in Clone Armor - This one is probably my favorite out of the bunch.  It was what I was planning on doing with my Aayla in Clone Armor custom , but I couldn't get the upper and lower legs to look right proportionally.  Adding the Shaak Ti skirt was a great solution to that issue and it looks great on Aalya.

Jedi Master Mace Windu - A nice solid Mace Windu custom.  So much better than anything Hasbro has produced lately.  The use of the Cloud car pilot legs w/ Veer's boots was a great choice not only for the look but also to give the Sora Bulq figure base some articulation in the legs.

Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 7, 2006, 11:57 AM »
I like most of the Jedi and the new "Clone Jedi" looks good.  501st clones look great in the darker blue color you used for them, it makes them look more intimidating.

Aayla's hands and lower legs look too bulky for her otherwise thin frame.  The skirt on her does de-emphasize the knee and calf armor, but to me it still stands out too much.  Her hands look almost bigger than her head. 

For the lower legs, the Saga AOTC clone pilot's might look more proportional as they are thinner, but that would require some cutting and drilling, and articulation would require even more work.  The hands could be substituded with ones from just about any Saga AOTC clone, excluding the super articulated.  Again though, more work might be required to connect the two.

Barring that, I would at least sand down the armored legs to make them look more like her legs were underneath that armor.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 7, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate it and thanks for the thoughts on the Aayla.  I no longer have any of those older SAGA Clone sculpts in favor of the newer stuff, and although some of the armor may look big on her, I think that's the point - the armor is made for a template of one man, and were she to wear it, it's going to be a bit bulky on her.  I doubt they would have armor made for a petite woman like her - she's meant to have this as armor she picked up off the battlefield, nothing more.  But I did add the skirt to try and help balance out any scale difference.

On the others, my favorite is the Windu - I really am for once comlpetely satisfied with a Windu custom now I think.  I do like the 501st clones too quite a bit.  The other Jedi are kind of just using spare parts that I had and seeing if I could make anything for background Jedi, as they are pretty limited in articulation.  The clones disguised as Jedi will eventually appear in the Rykrof series.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 7, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Some very sweet jedi there my friend. My favorite is Hagen Daas. He's just so unique among all of the jedi. I wonder what his story is. Aalya leg armor looks great on her as does the skirt. I think I've seen the jedi clones before. Maybe it was just the idea of them someone else did. They do look familure thru. Great job Chewie! I'm glad to hear the computer is back up and running. Does it seem faster now?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1902 on: March 7, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Great update CHEWIE, my favorite is probably the Mace Windu, I really like the added articulation and the use of the Sora Bulq body.  Great combination there.

Aayla Secura in CW Armor is interesting, although the skirt looks a bit too Shaak-Ti-ish for me.  I think that the thinner Clone 3-pack legs would work since they are a bit thinner, although that would require a lot more modifications to attach the knee joints.  That being said, your explanation of the template armor makes sense, although I'm sure that the Jedi had access to different sized armor (after all, the jedi were different height/weight from Jango and they apparently wore the clone armor). 

The XD head on the Hagen Daas Jedi is very good.  The pose, while limited, definitely works for that head, I agree that he looks "battle-hardened."

The Mace Windu in CW armor is cool too.  I am really digging these armored jedis, I think I'll have to make a few.  Great update as always CHEWIE!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 7, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Chewie, you were only without a PC for like 4 days.  By my count there are 14 new customs to comment on in that span.  Sheesh.

501st clones - They look great.  I'm not a fan of the #65 clone b/c of the crappy body mold and I don't really like the helmets as is.  I think you've done a good job on improving them with the #41 helmets.   The paint updates look very nice.  As colorblind person, I'll leave the critiques of color shades to someone else :)

Mace Windus- I like the Sora based Mace - very very cool.  I keep wanting to make my "definitive" Mace custom and this may be as good a recipe as any.  Hmmm.  As far as the Clones in Armor - Mace looks good but from the Clone Wars things I've read and watched,  I just don't get the impression that he would want to be hampered by all that armor.  Just look at the way he flicks his saber around to deflect the shots at the end of AOTC.  Mace is a bad-ass that doesn't need armor :)  Just my opinion :) :)

Hagen Daas- I like the custom for what it is, a background Jedi.  However, I just can't get into that snarling head.  I think he works for a Manolorian, Bounty Hunter or another bad guy but I'm not sure sure on a Jedi.  The paint job on him is outstanding.

Clones in Jedi Robes look great - I haven't seen any of those before.  Very nice stable and as always, great paint updates.

Aayla - I like this custom and I think it works.  Too bad we are saddled with less than spectacular arm articulation.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 7, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Wow! What a great update, lots of cool stuff to look at! Let's get to it...

The 501st: Very well done! Aren't you the guy who was afraid of tackling these because you thought you couldn't paint a straight line?  :P These look awesome...great weathering the paint apps are fantastic. You really put Hasbro's efforts to shame here.

Mace Windu in Clone Armor: I like this a lot...I always like to see your "battlefield" versions of the Jedi, and this one looks really good. The arena head was a great choice...really gives him that "bad mamba jamba" quality. The parts fit well together...I wouldn't have thought Kit's body would be a good fit, but there it is.

Hagen Daas: Funny name, but wicked looking Jedi. This guy could kic some Sep butt, I imagine. Those 21st Century Heads work pretty well for pre-posed kind of Jedi...makes me glad Red5Sixx picked me up a bunch for $1 recently. If mine turn out half as well as this guy, I'll be content.

Jolan Karr: Good name, first of all. Second, although he's limited in his poseability, he'd look great in an arena diorama, or in the background of your photonovel. The weathering is probably my favorite part...the cloth looks scorched, as if he was a little closer than he'd like to be to some explosion or another. Nicely done.

Clones disguised as Jedi: Very cool. The parts choices are good, and I like that the middle clone looks a little darker than his brethren, as if he's been stationed on some desert world and was called back to Coruscant for the Jedi purge. Makes me excited to see how you handle the events of ROTS in the photonovel.

Aayla in clone armor: This one isn't my cup of tea. Just my opinion, but the clone armor seems incongruous with the exposure of her upper torso. The skirt, while a good idea, seems a bit out of character for her.

Mace Windu: Great use of the Sora Bulq body with the Windu Council legs. A more action oriented Mace, I think. This is probably my favorite mace you've done so far.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!