Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474655 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 03.15.06
« Reply #1935 on: March 16, 2006, 03:02 AM »
Check the photonovel to see, the latest chapter is up finally.   :)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 03.16.06... new photonovel is up!
« Reply #1936 on: March 16, 2006, 03:14 AM »
It's up?! Hot damn! What the hell am I still doing in this thread?!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 16, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Good deal - gotta go check it out.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 16, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Thanks for the responses already, I'll reply to them soon.  Here was one of my favorite pics from it -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 03.17.06
« Reply #1939 on: March 17, 2006, 01:55 AM »
Ok, finally got a new custom made tonight.  I always feel like I'm slacking if I don't get one in each week.  Been busy with pesonal stuff and the latest photonovel (check it out if not already, let me know your thoughts), and finally made a new Rykrof figure.

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
torso - GI JOE Classic Saw Viper
biceps - POTJ Imperial Officer
forearms - GI JOE Classic Saw Viper
skirt piece - GI JOE Classic Saw Viper
legs - ROTS Evolutions Maul

I'm happy with the parts selections, but might switch out for better gloves that hold weapons better, and might paint the vest.  I didn't do any painting on this figure yet.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1940 on: March 17, 2006, 03:32 AM »
Mate heading over to check out the next chapter can't wait and DAMN your using evolution maul legs hell I can't even find over here and great figure Chewie I'm really enjoying your diferent versions of Rykrof.

Ron

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #1941 on: March 17, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Nice to see another take on Rykrof.  You did a great blending the SW and G.I.Joe parts.  Did you have to do any modding of the Saw Vipers torso for the Imperial Officer upper arms to fit?
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 17, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Cool. A new Rykrof. Is this guy part of the group project?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 17, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Thanks gusy.  I'm not happy at all with how the shine looks with the glare.  I'm going to repaint him, and maybe rework just a bit because he looks like he works for the Coast Guard.   :-\

On the Saw Viper torso, I had to do quite a bit of cutting in the interior of it to get pieces to fit, and had to use of all things, a hot glue gun inside his torso to get the middle leg knob to stay in there.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 17, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I just bought this lot of figures on ebay... going to cost me $115.00 shipped.  And it was pretty dumb of me since I am broke right now, but I just couldn't pass up all those heads for custom figures.

According to the auction, there will be 50 BBI figures in the lot... is anyone interested in splitting this with me?  Looks like some really good fodder.  I could maybe sell in lots of 5 figures each for $12.50 shipped.

I haven't gotten these yet however, but should have them within the next week or so.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 17, 2006, 03:19 PM »
OoOoO sounds like a good deal to me. By the way chewie, Nice rykrof, but you're right he does sort of have that "working for the coast guard" thing. :-[

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #1946 on: March 17, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Hi Chewie,

I had a look at your customs today. You have so many that I had to make a list just so I can keep track of them for me to comment on. Overall, you have a keen eye for detail. You managed to create a whole new toy line out of these parts. Amazing work. Hasbro could learn a thing or two from you.  So since the list is long, let me get started.

Rodian Senator -  Nice looking, love the color scheme.

Groon - Very cool, although I wouldn't go showing this off to Star Trek fans (LOL).

Trofarr the Terrible - I love it!

Ki Adi Mondi in armor - looks great.

Lord Cration - Awesome!!!

Republic field officer - great concept, reminds me of that Droids cartoon General.

Troll Rapitis - Nice looking.

Trench Back Beast and Yettar - Another Awesome figure and beast!!! I really like the beast of burden. Great job with the head.

Jeeta - Very nice.

Marliss - Very nice.

Josser Enloe - he looks great. Nice color scheme. He also reminds me of Kyle father from the video game Jedi Knight.

Dark Pageuis - Interesting use of Dr. Doom head with that body. It paid off nicly.

Quinlan Vos - I love the Bob Marley look, man. I would keep it around just for that look.

Kala Mly Shondi - Very interesting looking.

Gomor - Great Looking.

Mace Windu with Cloak - Best ever Mace figure!!!

Imperial Gonk Droid - Very interesting use of random stuff. It looks very practical in conception.

Seportist Surveillance Port - Nice paint job and use of old GI Joe stuff!

Tame Heem and Malon Shaar - Very nice looking Hammerheads.

Bail Organa - Nice cross from imperial and Alderann costume.

Roron Corobb - Very nice looking. I would recommend the use of the new legs that come with the new Hammerhead figure due out this year. It comes with pants which in the cartoon series, he had paints on.

Yarael Poof -  Very nice looking.

Jedi Master Mace Windu - Best ever likeness with out the cloak.

Jedi Master Aayla in armor - Nice concept. Might I recommend that you loose the skirt. In the film, she had on pants which would say that the character like the mobility with pants than with a skirt. Also, looking at the character's costume, I would fashion the armor to match the outfit. For example, she had one arm covered up and a sports bra. How bout covering one arm with armor and the chest plate ( not the belly) and cover the boots and maybe the thighs. Just a thought.

Jedi Master Hagen Daas - Interesting Head and nice hands use. Good pose.

Jedi Master Mace in armor - Very nice figure, but something about the neck. That turtle neck piece dosen’t looks right. I would recommend the torso that you used for the Jedi Master Mace Windu . Just my two cents.

And last....

Blue Tweelik - Very nice looking figure since you fixed the neck thing. I like the body and choice of colors for the costume.

Awesome work you put into this and it shows in your photo novel. I look forward to seeing more great figures in the future.

Jedi_Master_Ben

"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 18, 2006, 09:58 PM »
I just bought this lot of figures on ebay... going to cost me $115.00 shipped.  And it was pretty dumb of me since I am broke right now, but I just couldn't pass up all those heads for custom figures.

According to the auction, there will be 50 BBI figures in the lot... is anyone interested in splitting this with me?  Looks like some really good fodder.  I could maybe sell in lots of 5 figures each for $12.50 shipped.

I haven't gotten these yet however, but should have them within the next week or so.

That looks like a sweet deal! I would kill for that. Are those Elite Force BBi figs...I might have to "help you out" and take a lot off your hands...I've been running low on cash (50 dollars in the past week from Toy Show and Series 2 from Marauder) so maybe not...I just love their headsculpts and the body. By far the best military figure line to hit, with XD at a close second.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 19, 2006, 01:35 PM »
JediBen - Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback.  Good ideas there on your suggestions, I will keep them in mind.

Miseria - Yep, I am going to rework that Rykrof just a bit.

Nirvana - When they arrive, I'm going to probably keep about half of them, I'll let you know what all is really in the box.

Also, I've created a kind of banner/poster for the Rykrof Series.  Let me know what you think.   :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 03.19.06
« Reply #1949 on: March 19, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Wow. I wish I had a tenth of the Photoshop skills you do. Very nice, and that Sith witch from Dathomir is probably one of the most creepy looking customs and characters you've as well as anyone else has done. Cool poster.

In regards to the BBi thing, I meant a "lot" like you said- 12.50, etc. I hope you didn't take it I wanted alot of them, I should've reworded that some. How much did that cost you over all?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...