Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475494 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 03.21.06 - C.A.D.I.S.T. vehicle
« Reply #1995 on: March 25, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Thats exactly what I'm having for dinner :D no seriously. :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 03.21.06 - C.A.D.I.S.T. vehicle
« Reply #1996 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54 AM »
Ah, my slow week of customizing updates is at an end.  After moving furniture all day, I went on one of the maddest customizing rampages I've had in a very long time.

Rykrof Enloe - This is the same figure from a week ago, but I repained it completely to get rid of the "shine" on the figure, and gave it a wash.  It really looks 100% better in person, and is probably my favorite Rykrof I've made so far.  But since pics don't seem to take well of it, I don't know what to do.  Might need to brighten up his outfit some more I guess.

Wookiee - Just to add variety to my Wookiee figures, only a repaint.

Urban Sniper - Pretty much a solid repaint here too, just added the Maliki head wrap thing and repainted a Clone Trooper.

Urban Commando - This guy is more what I envision a Republic Commando really looking like, as I used parts from one of them and other Clone Trooper parts for the figure.  Then repainted him.  He and the Urban Sniper are a pair that will appear in a photonovel in the Rykrof Enloe series. 

Nute Gunray - Finally a Nute I am happy with, it was from a Lushros Nemoidian figure I found at a Target yesterday (yipee) and I figured I needed a new Nute Gunray, so I customized it.

Hod the Blind Amill - This is my entry for the Monthly Custom Challenge, it started off as that "Headless Mon" custom I started a while back.  I had it put together a couple weeks back but finally painted it tonight.  He is a blind old Amill who will appear in the Rykrof Enloe Series.

Finally, here's a little fun making a pic for a future photonovel.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - big update Monday 03.27.06
« Reply #1997 on: March 27, 2006, 03:50 AM »
Great googly moogely! What an update! :o

Rykrof: I liked him before, but I really like him now. The colors look great and the poseability is just awesome. The head even looks better than most Rykrof heads...did you do some painting on it? It just looks more alive than most of those Endor soldier heads usually look.

Wookiee: Just a repaint, but nothing wrong with that when it looks this good! Your ability to paint realistic looking fur is awesome.

Clone Sniper: GREAT weathering! I'm not sure how I feel about the headwrap...it seems a bit out of place...but still, it looks kind of cool. Is there method to your madness, some kind of military reason for it, or is this just an example of the clones distinguishing themselves a bit from one another?

Urban Commando: I really like this one, even though I see nothing wrong or out of place with the "canon" Commando armor...this guy seems like more of a rapid response type of commando...not sure why I feel that way, but that's the impression I get. The parts blend really well, and the weathering is top notch. How'd you do it?

Nute Gunray: It's gaudy, garish, and absolutely perfect for this vain coward. He needs more costumes, and this one looks amazing. Something I can easily see Nute wearing while wringing his hands over this or the other.

Hod the blind Amill: Easily my favorite of the bunch. Not only is it amazingly creative parts usage, but the paint job, especially on his skin, is easily one of your best ever. I can't stop looking at this guy, it really interests me to see what role he'll play in the photonovels. If he ever ends up in one of your customs sales, I call first dibs!  ;D

Great update, Chewie! Your creativity reminds me of why I got into this hobby in the first place!

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1998 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59 AM »
Fantastic update Justin!

The modified Rykrof looks much better. I really like the toned down look it has.

The Clone and Wookiee repaints all look really nice. I'm glad to see you found an extra Scorch to butcher, and the Malakili head cloth looks really good on the clone.

The Nute looks nice as well, the Lushros body is really nice, I just got my first tonight.

Hod the Blind Amill is by far the standout amoung the group. The melding of the Mon body and Mastage head is beautifully done, and is completely seamless. I love the pupil-less eyes. The baby blue coat looks great. This guy is among my favorite customs you've ever done, it really looks like it would fit into the SW universe. I may have to try something like this for myself one day. The only thing holding me up is the $$$ the fodder for that figure probaly averages between $20 and $30.
"This is the way."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 27, 2006, 04:04 AM »
 :o HOLY FLAMING COWS!!!

Thats amazing Chewie, awesome update!
I like the 2 clones the best, nice use of the commanders binoculars.
And Amill the Blind is awesome and so is the "dull" Rykrof.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #2000 on: March 27, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Wow.. this is an amazing update.  All the figure looks outstanding but the two that really blow me away are the Urban Commando and Hod the Blind Amill.  The clone commander helmet works great with the commando torso and kinda gives him a cylon look to him.  I love it.  Hod is simply amazing.  You did a great job finding a replacement head for that torso.  And your paints make it look so life like.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 27, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Wow great stuff Chewie.

Rykrof: Good change up on his clothes there.

Wookiee: That was really brings out the fur. I like his eyes and the new brades. The brades almost look like rubberbands.

Clone Sniper: I wonder how the head wrap thing helps the snipper. It does give him a desert feel though and just makes him cool looking.

Nute Gunray: Old Nute sure has gaudy taste in clothes. When will the frog learn? The colors and clothes are very appropiate to the character.

Hod the blind Amill:  This one made me go WOW! That head looks great on the body. It looks production like it was ment to work that way. He kind of reminds me of those mystics from the Dark Crystal.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #2002 on: March 27, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Where to begin...where TO begin?!

This is all great stuff, CHEWIE.

Rykrof: I like this gear for him. It's semi-official looking, but also bordering on "this is what I was wearing when the **** hit the fan, so I pulled on a vest and here we go!" I agree to that the head looks especially good here. I'm not sure if you didn't just get a very good picture or what, but keep doing whatever it is you did. :)

Wookiee: great paint. I like the darker fur on Wookiees anyway, and stripping down the gear makes him look more like either a simple grunt or a non-military walking carpet for the streets of Naboo or Coruscant. I like the more colorful hair ties.

I love the detail on the urban sniper, but I'm not sure I buy the Rancor Keeper hood as it's currently attached. I wonder if you couldn't cut a hole in the top and fit the hood down onto the helmet...almost like a kama for the helmet? I like it, but sitting so high on the head you have to guess it would blow off pretty easily (not good for a sniper) :) The one reason I really, really like the idea of the drape around the helmet, though, is that it would reduce flare coming into to optics from surrounding light sources... again, I dig the concept, I just wish it fit better over the crown of the helmet.

The Urban Commando rocks. I really like the Commander helmet in all white... I have several of those, and I need to deck one out accordingly, I think. The Phase II helmet on the Commando body really works. I also like how you've incorporated Phase II armor in the legs.

The Nute is a nice update for the figure. I would suggest a brown wash on that red, though. He looks more plastic than your customs usually do. :) That's more a complient to your work than a slam on this custom. It's very good by almost every standard, but by your standards it could be a touch better. :)

Hod is one of the coolest figures you've ever made. From the fit of the parts to the finish of the painting, I can't find a flaw. Making him blind AND among the last of his kind creates an instant classic backstory that I am sure will mesh well with the cast of R.E.  I hope we see lots of him, and if you ever do sell him, I'll armwrestle someone for him :P

Congratulations on a very nice update, CHEWIE.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #2003 on: March 27, 2006, 12:30 PM »
First off 134 pages, DEAR LORD!!  :)

I don't have much time to comment but the blind dude is indeed one of the greatest aliens I've ever seen. Unlike most of you guys here, I just can't place it. Who's head is it originally?

Awesom job once again dude! Very cool update.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 27, 2006, 01:44 PM »
Chewie, I really like what you are churning out. My favs in this wave are your urban sniper and urban commando. I really like the urban commando because it made me realize that i could customize the republic commando and make him close to super articulated. I also really like the Rykrof. It reminds me of a cross between an off duty military officer in military fatigues with a james bond body armor/outfit.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 27, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Damn! I'm sorry I couldn't stay on to check these out last night, I was dead tired. I nodded off a few times typing with Diddly on AIM.

Now, on with the show:

RYKROF-Very cool version. Looks very "Nascar Driver", with a bit of padding. Nifty.

WOOKIEE-He looks like a tree! :)

URBAN SNIPER-He'd look great next to Owens Urban sniper display he had. Did you see that thing? I wish I had some sheets of styrene to make one like it but only hobby shops here carry it, in tiny sheets.

URBAN COMMANDO-I'd imagine this guy would have some more equiptment...maybe a portable generator for a small sheild or a radio. Just some sort of trinket, or a gun with some additions or somthing. You should make a mortar trooper. :)

NUTE GUNRAY-Haha, I like it. Very festive clothing. Almost as if he's daring the Republic to take a shot at him.

AMILL-Wow man, he turned out awsome. Is he a crip? :)

Very cool batch man. We'll discuss more later.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 27, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Nice looking Batch of Customs you've whipped Up there.

Rykrof> a very nice Clean looking Custom, I have that same Body in my Fodder bin, But I felt it was a little to
"Real World" looking for a Star Wars Custom, But Rykrof pulls it off. Overall a very tight Custom although I must admit this is not my Favorite Rykrof Custom.

Wookie> Nice Repaint. I like the Colored Beads on the Beard. It gives him a little Character.

Clone Sniper> Very nice Weathering. The Gun looks awsome. Is it from the 21st Century Line? I think the Head Wrap looks a little off, though. Kind of like someone is using him for a Towel Rack.

Clone Commando> I really Like the Weathering on this one as well, But I have a soft Spot for the Original Helmet on the Figure. I could easily see this in the Next step in the Evolution of the Clone Commandos. Mabey You could give him a Varient Head. The Scorch Head would look sweat with the MicroBinocs. Attached to it, Like the Multiplayer Option in the Video Game.

Nute Gunray> Again a very Clean Custom. The Paint aps.  are just a little to Primary for my taste.

Hod the Blind Amill> This is the real Jewl of this Bunch. So, very inovative of you, Using that head on that Body. It's either the Beats From Star Gate or one of the creatures from Small Soldiers. Either Way this Custom has Character that jumps out at you. Brilliant!!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 27, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Rykrof - RE customs are becoming a dime a dozen, but they're all great. This one is no exception. IMO, it looks a lot better with a darker red.

Wookiee - good repaint, but the eyes give it a bit of a cartoonish feel. Maybe it's just the angle.

Clones - more great Clone customs... very unique with good paintjobs. I think the Commando repaint looks coolest.

Gunray - Awesome! It looks great, my second favorite of the bunch, only behind...

Hod = TOO F'N COOL! What an awesome custom, and very original. I can't wait to see him in "action."  ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 27, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Chewie - I thought you were taking time off from Customizing?  Look at you bustin out the major update.

First off - Hod is the single coolest custom I've seen yet.  I've been waiting to see what you were going to do with that Ephant Body.  I've been trying to do something with an extra one of mine and you've definitely inspired me.  This is a freakin' cool custom.  I can't believe how well the parts match together.

Each of the other customs are great in their own right but they just look small (literally and figuratively).

Sniper and Commando are both very simple but innovative versions.  I'm digging the commando armor on these guys.  They look much better with SA legs. 

I love the Wookie repaint.  I've got several Wookies lying around that I've been meaning to work on.

Rykrof looks every good.  I think the paint updates to this figure work very well.  Unfortunately, much of the detail is washed out in the photo.  I'm sure he looks great in person.

Welcome back with a vengeance!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #2009 on: March 27, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Hey Chewie,

Great update! These look great. Here is my comments for this update:

Rykrof Enloe: Very stelthy looking, nice paint job. The costume looks very lived in. Nice blending of the dark red with the black. I say don't brighten the paint job, it looks great as is. Just my opinion.

Wookiee: Again, nice  paint job. I take it you used dry brushing technique on the fur? I'm not shure if the wookie would have yellow bands, I would think it would be more earth tone color. Again overall great paint job.

Urban Sniper: I normally do not comment a lot on the clone customs since I have not tatcle this subject. I do want to say that this sniper is BANGING! I love this one. That hood is a great accessory. I also thought while looking at this, that would also work for a hood for the Commander Faie along with a modified speeder bike poncho.

Urban Commando: This is another fine looking clone. I like the weathered paint job and the choice of accessories. When looking at this I had a thought, it would be cool if you had one of sith_fire30's Imperial Commandos helmets on that body. Maybe not one of the desines thats set aside for the fan movie, but one of the conceptual designs they did not go with. Just a thought.

Nute Gunray: This is a beautiful custom. The colors a eye poping. Very nicely pulled off.

Hod the Blind Amill: This custom I left feedback over at the MCC. It still amazing piece of art!

That will do it for me today,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben