Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474354 times)

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 04.03.06
« Reply #2025 on: April 4, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Thanks guys.  Also I am pretty sure many of you know that I'm now a staff member at Yakface (always wanted to be one here too but I do love Yakface, it's the first site I started reading up on Star Wars on).

We're running a contest there, so check out the main page... you can win a Rykrof Enloe figure if you follow through on the instructions on the main page.   :)

:P
i sent you a pm
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 5, 2006, 12:12 AM »
God, I love the tank, I am slowly looking at your work, it is great that you have vehicles and shops on your Super Customizer Resume.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 5, 2006, 12:54 AM »
It's good to have you back Tijuana! 

By the way, here's more information on that voting at www.yakface.com -

Many customizers in the Star Wars collecting community may be familiar with fan-fic character, Rykrof Enloe.

Over the past year and a half I have been happy to work on a photonovel series that can be found on several fan sites such as The Custom Alliance and is discussed in forums at both Jedidefender.com and at Rebelscum.com as forum members critique the series and offer ideas of where the series may lead.

Beginning before the events of The Phantom Menace, Commander Enloe now finds himself in the middle of the Clone Wars, often fighting terrorist organizations in addition to aiding the Jedi Order in the struggle against the Separatists. As the dark day of Order 66 grows closer we will be bringing you many chapters here at Yakface in the future.

I am very happy to have the support of the team here in working on this series and we have decided to have a contest to create an official name for the series here at Yakface. Entries are due by May 1st, 2006. If you have a good idea for a name for the series, please email me at rykrofenloe@yahoo.com with your name and your suggestion for the title of the series. After that time we will go through the titles and the most appropriate title will be chosen. If the same choice is given by multiple respondents, the first one to email the chosen title will be the winner and the title will appear on the main header for the series.

The winner will be given credit for their submission, and sent free of charge, a special custom-made Rykrof Enloe figure.

Thank you, and please get those entries in! Please remember to email them to me, no PM's on this, so I can keep this organized and together. Also the name should be one intended to be an overall title for the entire series, not just one specific photonovel.

There is no limit to the number of entries you can have. And if anyone has any questions to view any specific past photonovels in the series, please let me know.

Head on over to www.yakface.com sometimes anyways guys, there should be some cool customizing announcements coming up there.  And hopefully more here too.   :)

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 5, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Just wondering, does anyone know if there is a member here named Matt Birchall?  His email is mwb1138@msn.com and I received an email from him regarding something here at JD.  I assume he is a member here and would be interested to know who it is.

Thanks,

Justin

Edit - I just realized who it is, and the reason I asked is because of an email I received from him regarding the naming of the Rykrof Enloe series.

From: "Matt Birchall" <mwb1138@msn.com>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert 
To: rykrofenloe@yahoo.com
Subject: Potential Names for Photonovel Series
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:46:47 -0700

"The Poorly-Written, Even-More-Poorly-Photographed, Overly-Hyped,
Seemingly-Neverending, Self-Aggrandizing, Bucket of Garbage That a Lot
of
People at JediDefender Are Sick of Having Shoved in Their Faces Every
Other
Day But Won't Say So Because They're Afraid It's Creator Will Throw a
Big
Fit About It Photonovel"

or

"Jango's Jargon"

Take your pick.

Matt

thats rude
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 10:45 AM by starkid500 »
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 5, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Yeah, it was rude. I kind of took it too personal I suppose.

If somebody thinks the series is garbage, then that's fine.  I do think it's very nice that this site has been supportive of all aspects of customizing.  When the RE series first began, a staff member here approached me about hosting the series here and doing some work on them and the front page mentions.  I was actually promised that they would be hosted here, that didn't happen but it's no big deal.  I am in no way upset about that, it takes a lot of dedication and work to be able to do that.   I admit I do push for exposure on the series.  If that gets annoying, then my apologies.  It really did hurt to get that kind of message like he sent me and is probably the lowest blow I've ever gotten from anyone in this entire hobby.

I do already have 11 different title names suggested so far though, with some very good ones!  It's going to be hard to decide.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 01:56 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2030 on: April 5, 2006, 02:56 PM »
CHEWIE, you are a valuable asset to this hobby and you are a major factor in why the JD.com forums are the best place to come for Star Wars customizing.  To hell with the malcontents.

EDIT: Read the other thread on the issue, deleted my comments about the e-mail since the issue seems finished.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 03:11 PM by Gregorbian »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: April 5, 2006, 03:14 PM »
wow what a jerk :o

Hey chewie when submitting names do we submit multiple names in one email or send a different email for each name? The rules didnt clarify  :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 5, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Gregorbian and Commander_Miseria, thanks for the support.  And also to the members and staff who sent me PM's and emails about it.  It's nice to know that even though I reacted in an immature way that my friends are supporting me about it.  I know now that I shouldn't have taken his opinion so seriously.  I only started that thread in hopes of finding out who he was.  When someone takes a shot at me like that, I can't help but wonder if it was someone I consider a friend or not.

Anyways back on the subject of what this section is for, I will try and have a couple of previews on the next story up soon, but this one is leaving me scratching my head a bit at how I want to present what is happening in the series.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 5, 2006, 05:24 PM »
dude chewie, what a  :-X to come at you like that.  i'm sure people here wouldn't act that way towards your work.  if they don't like your stuff then don't look at it.  i don't think your reaction would be considered immature, if somebody would slame me like that they'd better consider themselves lucky i could only type at them.  no worries though dude take it like water off a ducks back, if they had the balls you wouldn't have to search for his name he'd have left it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: April 5, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Is he serious?
This is one of the best Photonovels out there!  :)
That guy is obviously a jerk-wad and he obviously doesnt know how hard it is to make a photonovel(I suppose it takes alot of time).
Chewie you are probably one of the most positive people on JD.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2035 on: April 5, 2006, 05:44 PM »
if they had the balls you wouldn't have to search for his name he'd have left it.

(checks)

Still got 'em!  Whew!

I sent that e-mail to Justin from my regular e-mail address (mwb1138@msn.com), which shows my name (Matt Birchall) on every outbound message.  It's the same e-mail address I've had visible in my profile since I started posting here almost three years ago.  If he didn't know who I was from that, then that's probably the fault of all the silly name-changes I've gone through here, more than anything else. 

I wasn't trying to hide behind anything at all.  I signed it with my first name, my full name was attached to it, and part of my e-mail address contains my initials, which are also my new screen name here. 

I guess I could have signed it "From The Guy Who Has Formerly Gone By 'Virex,'
'Bill Cosby,' and 'Rita Cosby,' among many others," but I thought what I did was enough.  And I'm kind of trying to distance myself from the whole silly screen-name thing, too. 

But yeah, it's all very confusing, and it's more my doing than anything else, I suppose. 

I guess the next time I feel the need to send out something like that, I'll use one of my anonymous e-mail accounts instead.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 05:48 PM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #2036 on: April 5, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Hi All

I don't usually do this but this has really pi#*ed me off firstly I think your photonovel is great and I enjoy reading it. Now in my opion if you don't like something that someone has done you have two opions.

1- don't say nothing at all and keep your opions to yourself.

2- if you are going to say something and want to critisize someone's work say it in a different way, there's an old saying (it's not what you say it's the way you say it).

Now this is straight from my mouth to you MWB if you don't like it here you know where the door is, it's people like you that give this hobby a crappy name, if you have done a photonovel and think it's better then everyone else's show us and if you have'nt done one until you do either give positive critisism or shut the hell up.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 5, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Jedipurge, Clonecommander, Hemble, and to the others, I do appreciate you all coming to my support in the whole Rykrof Enloe thing.  I think as customizers we have something more in common than some of the other forum members might have; a respect because of customizing that will always be there and sticking up for each other when another member has been treated poorly.  Even if we disagree on some issues our willingness to help each other out and offer advice is something I really do cherish, and I hope everyone in the customizing community here at JD knows I'd stick up for you, especially in a circumstance where I felt you were treated wrong.

One thing this whole email that I received did do though was to open my eyes a little more and remember that not everyone out there in the community cares or has respect for you, no matter how hard you may try to be friendly and a contributing member to the site and the overall Star Wars community.  I guess I take for granted that everyone is going to appreciate what you try and offer and might see things in a totally different light than you do.  So I am definitely naive at times.

In regards to the Rykrof series, if anyone else has something negative to say about it or about me, feel free to do so and I'm not going to think less of you for it, and not going to start a thread about it.  Again, the only reason I started a thread about it before was because I didn't know who Matt was, and was a little impatient because it did get under my skin - I was afraid it might be someone in the customizing community.  But now that I know who it was, I really don't care - and don't want to see it blow out of proportion more than it already has.  I never should have opened the thread, but at least now I know who it was.

I've brushed this off as just someone who was trying to get under my skin and who doesn't understand what the hobby is really about, and I'm ok with it.  So if you are mad at him over what he said, when you run into him in other threads please just forget about this whole incident and don't hold it against him.

Now, I need to make a few customs to move this thread along to what it should be about - showing some of my work and getting your opinions/feedback on what I could have done better.

Thanks,

Justin

:)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 5, 2006, 09:23 PM »
This is me being polite: Matt, you and the other people who have a problem with Justin creating hype for his photonovel should come up with a better way to adress it, instead of coming up with such a sarcastic remark. If you don't like somthing, speak up instead of insulting the person. I'm sure some common ground can be reached, but you must be above that, judging from the maturity of your attitude towards members who aren't as "cool" as you.

This is me defending my friend: Matt, why don't you go in the chat room and have a cyber circle jerk with your buddies, and hope that no one stumbles in on you and your pals getting off ripping members because your "cooler" than they are, don't name their dogs after baseball players, or have cancer. I actually used to look up to you as a member, untill I saw behind that cool sly front was a sarcastic *******. I hope you choke.

Kevbo
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 5, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Thanks Famine, you've been my friend since the first time I saw you post here at JD.  Anyone wants to start something with you, I'm always there bud.

Now that you mentioned that though, I remember hearing that some members were cussing me out when my dogs died, and saying snide things behind other people's backs in there on many occassions... why would the staff (assuming they know about it) allow for that to go on?