Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474772 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 04.03.06
« Reply #2040 on: April 5, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Oh, I made it perfectly known. The only one I know 100% proof posative in the room was Virex. And he and his crew of pals in the room took shots at me, you, Shannon, and another member I cannot recall. I kept my PM correspondance over the issue, between myself and the staff here, so I could always check.

It sickens me that he can get away with this.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2041 on: April 5, 2006, 10:19 PM »
It sort of sickens me that Justin had to drag a public matter out in to the open like this.  I get hate mail from people thinking the ICMG is stupider than ****, but do I go out naming those people and sharing their correspondance?

This was a private matter that CHEWIE dragged out in the public which IMO deserve just as much criticism

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 5, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Seems to me like it's ok to be an *******, so long as you use ways to get around the forum, like the chat room, or email for an official Yakface contest, eh Scotty?

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 5, 2006, 10:41 PM »
It sort of sickens me that Justin had to drag a public matter out in to the open like this.  I get hate mail from people thinking the ICMG is stupider than ****, but do I go out naming those people and sharing their correspondance?

This was a private matter that CHEWIE dragged out in the public which IMO deserve just as much criticism

Scott, I understand that you are sickened about it, and I admit I am embarrased about it.  I was trying to find out who it was, and probably shouldn't have mentioned what he said to me in the email.  I think the ICMG thing is different though, as you're not being bashed for hard work you've done for almost 2 years - just an idea of a figure you want is being put down.  Not 21 photonovels that I've put in an average of 40 hours each on... let's see, that comes down to a lot of time.  Not that it's right to bash your idea either.

My emotions got the best of me, I admit.  If you want to criticize me for it, go right ahead, but please remember than I was never trying to bash anyone.  My purpose was to find out who it was - I jumped the gun in posting the email.  I asked for that whole thread to be deleted earlier today, but I guess it has been decided to just leave it only locked. 

The title was a nice sucker punch in the face, but since I didn't know who it was... I was curious.  I mentioned too quickly his message and who it was from....

"The Poorly-Written, Even-More-Poorly-Photographed, Overly-Hyped,
Seemingly-Neverending, Self-Aggrandizing, Bucket of Garbage That a Lot
of People at JediDefender Are Sick of Having Shoved in Their Faces Every
Other Day But Won't Say So Because They're Afraid It's Creator Will Throw a Big
Fit About It Photonovel"

Blame me all you want to, I am not afraid to take the heat.  Keep something in mind too, I have been a staff member at a site for a very short time.  How long were you a staff member?  Quite a bit longer than my one month experience I believe.  I haven't received the bulk hate mail that maybe you or others have in your time, so I was shocked to get one - especially one that hit so close to home. 

Even though I had misinterpretated that it could be a staff member here, I still did have that fear - and if that was true, I was completely done associating with this site forever.

Anyways, I've apologized, and I want to just put this behind me and anyone who was involved with it.

:P
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 10:42 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2044 on: April 5, 2006, 10:45 PM »
This is me being polite: Matt, you and the other people who have a problem with Justin creating hype for his photonovel should come up with a better way to adress it, instead of coming up with such a sarcastic remark. If you don't like somthing, speak up instead of insulting the person. I'm sure some common ground can be reached, but you must be above that, judging from the maturity of your attitude towards members who aren't as "cool" as you.

This is me defending my friend: Matt, why don't you go in the chat room and have a cyber circle jerk with your buddies, and hope that no one stumbles in on you and your pals getting off ripping members because your "cooler" than they are, don't name their dogs after baseball players, or have cancer. I actually used to look up to you as a member, untill I saw behind that cool sly front was a sarcastic *******. I hope you choke.

Kevin

My God, that's a harsh thing to say. 

I don't remember a whole hell of a lot about that night in the chat room, to be honest with you.  Yeah, I was there, and I had some snarky things to say about Justin, not because his dogs were named after baseball players, but because he had titled that thread in such a way that, upon first glance, it seemed as if Kirby Puckett himself had died ("RIP Kirby & Puckett").  It was a little freaky.  And I wasn't the only one who thought that was a little strange, believe me.

I'm a dog person myself, and have two dogs named after Seinfeld characters (not any more or less cool than being named after baseball players).  If one of them died, and I started a topic about it that just said "RIP Kramer," what do you think would happen?  Do you think that some people, upon seeing that title, might have thought that Kramer himself, Michael Richards, had died?  And that they might have been a little perturbed when they opened it up and found out that it was just some guy's dog? 

So that's where those comments were coming from. 

As for the comments about Shannon and cancer, I have no idea where in the bloody hell you're getting that from.  Yeah, I'm an *******, but not even I would ever make fun of or attack anyone because they had cancer.  Get real.  Cancer sucks balls, and I would never wish that upon anyone, and there's nothing even remotely funny about it.  I like Shannon and I think it's really unfortunate what's happened to her.  So anything that you think you may have read, I'd bet dollars to donuts was just a case of you misinterpreting and imagining things, as usual.  That's a really, really low blow, to insinuate that I would ever joke about someone having cancer. 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2045 on: April 5, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I really don't understand why people are ragging on CHEWIE over this matter.  I disagree that his bringing the e-mail out "in public" merits the same degree of criticism as the spiteful, malicious, and completely unnecessary e-mail sent by MWB.  Sure, things would have been better left in PMs to the staff of the site if he had reason to believe the e-mail was from a JD.com forum member.  Weighing CHEWIE's actions (posting an e-mail to find out who originated it) and MWB (writing an antagonistic and demeaning e-mail for no reason at all), I think it's fair to say that CHEWIE's "actions" pale in comparison.  Don't blame the victim.

CHEWIE is probably the most significant member of the JD.com boards (and I say this with no disrespect to any of my fellow customizers) - CHEWIE takes the time to comment on all of the work on the boards as well as put hours upon hours of hard work into his customs and photonovels.  Blaming CHEWIE for this whole situation is completely unwarranted.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: April 5, 2006, 11:00 PM »
No, you see those two instances stuck exactly in my mind because up untill that point, I respected the hell out of you, and when you started your **** about that, it made me sick to my stomach. You may have not said the initial comments about it, but you sure as the hell joined in, and that stuck right in my mind.

And the Kirby & Puckett thing, it was clear that there was a "&" in the title of the thread. If you made a RIP Kramer & Newman (or whatever your dogs name is), the "&" is right there in the middle.

I'd bet dollars to donuts was just a case of you misinterpreting and imagining things, as usual.

As usual?

Please provide me with some instances.

Kevin

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 5, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Anyways, I've apologized, and I want to just put this behind me and anyone who was involved with it.

Yeah, this argument should stop before this thread turns into a mass argument.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 5, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Gregorbian - again, thanks.  I appreciate what you think about me and I feel exactly the same way about you, you are a huge asset to the boards.  It wouldn't be the same without you here.

Famine - I don't know what some members here may or may not have said in those chat rooms... for the life of me I don't know who told me, but I heard from several people that some rude comments were made about me and they kept piling up.  Just please don't get yourself too mad over it.  Sad thing though, not too long after those dogs died, the real Kirby Puckett did pass away as we all know.  In fact, here are what remains of my doggies (shown in a PHOTONOVEL in the Darth Ennis project) -

Poor little guys.  The best Chows I've ever seen.  The other dog is Frisco, my sister's dog that I had for a while in college.

Anyways, trying to move this thread on!

Here is a very simple custom that I made last night.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

head - Evolutions AOTC Anakin
body - Evolutions ROTS Anakin

Simple, yep and I guess not really much of a custom.  But the body is so good, that I thought I'd use that for Anakin in the photonovels for bit.  I added a small touch of paint to the eyes, and it looks like of off.  I rubbed the paint off and for the pic those are digitally added on how I want them to look.  So I'll repaint them and hopefully get them to look close to that.

:P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 04.06.06
« Reply #2049 on: April 5, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Thats a nice kitbash and paint, the eyes look good too.
I like the episode 2 Anakin with the glove rather than with the mechanical hand.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2050 on: April 5, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I really don't understand why people are ragging on CHEWIE over this matter.
[snip]
Blaming CHEWIE for this whole situation is completely unwarranted.

I don't think it is completely unwarranted because he took a private e-mail and posted it out in the open where it did not belong.  No matter whether you think it was right or wrong, he has to take some of the blame for taking a private comment public.

For his part though, Justin has already said he was sorry for posting the e-mail and admited that he let his emotions get the best of him.  That should end it, I would think.

I think at this point it is in the best interest of everyone one to LET IT GO and consider the matter closed as both parties involved have had their say in the matter...

Thanks and back to customing!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 5, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Awsome Anakin. I don't own a single Anakin figure, save several of the Episode 2 figures, so when I get some, I'll have to whip up one of these.

Good job.

Kevin

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #2052 on: April 6, 2006, 03:33 AM »
Nice and simple Chewie and it turned out really well if you are having trouble with the eyes and I'm guessing you are talking about the iris's?

if so try using a tooth pick cut and sand it down to size so it's the about the same size as the figures eyes and then dip it in paint and slightly push onto the figures eyes, you'll get a perfect rounded eye.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 6, 2006, 04:03 AM »
I'm starting to get the impression that certain members around here seem to be treated better than others, and are allowed to act like sanctimonious little asshats, just because they're buddies with some of the mods. I consider Justin to be one of JD's pivotal contributors, and think he contributes far more to this community than certain naysayers ever could.

I also love how brave certain people get in cyberspace, where they know they can't get belted in the mouth like they did every day growing up, no doubt.

Whether public or private, the attack on Justin was very personal and VERY unwarranted. Give me Justin's photonovels "shoved down my throat" than any attempt at witticism from certain narcissists any day.

-DD
« Last Edit: April 6, 2006, 04:06 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 6, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Your right Chewie. Those eyes do look better now. It should be interesting to see how Ani fits into your saga.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours