Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472252 times)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Friday 04.14.06
« Reply #2115 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48 AM »
Wow Chewie!  PROTARR THE GLADIATOR looks great.  The LOTR figure worked great for him.  He looks like he can cause quite abit of damage in the arena.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #2116 on: April 14, 2006, 04:57 AM »
Hay Chewie

Mate I'm really impressed with the PROTARR THE GLADIATOR the orc armour really suits Ask Aak head and it looks like it's got some articulation as well top work buddy.

Ron

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 14, 2006, 12:16 PM »
nice work chewie, as always... I bought those 2 lotr figures years ago with the intention of making some gamorean guards, never got around to it and lost insperation.... I sold them  ;D

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 14, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Protarr- Looks very savage and dangerous. The LOTR body looks great with the Ask head. Love the blood on the axe. 5/5

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #2119 on: April 14, 2006, 04:44 PM »
DAMN!! Protarr is THA BOMB!! He rocks dude, and the gammorean axe is the perfect weapon of choice!!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 15, 2006, 01:51 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and ideas on my recent customs.  On the Gran I agree maybe the webbed feet would be cool, but I am probably going to leave as is, just because it's easier to, and because Ree Yees has regular boots on in ROTJ.  I suppose the feet could be webbed, but still fit in a normal kind of boot.

Do you guys remember the ebay autcion I won with the 50 BBI figures?  It's been one full month now, and nothing has shipped to me.  The seller finally claimed on Monday that he sent it a few weeks ago and gave me a bogus tracking number, and then a second shipping number (said he sent 50 more figures) and those items went to a location in Virginia.  I think he's full of crap and I am out $115.00 due to him.  Looks like from his recent feedback he's screwing over other people too... I am tempted to post a link that I made that is a communication log we had in our feedback, so he can't call me a liar.

Is it wrong of me to post our communications?  It would be a screen shot from each one.  I just feel that he's screwing people over left and right now and this could stop it, plus I want my money back as I really doubt I'm getting the figures... If anyone wants a screen shot of what happened, shoot me a PM.

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 15, 2006, 06:58 AM »
Nice Little Update Chewie.

Palpatine> Great looking Custom. I was always disapointed that the Only Version of this Palpatine that Hasbro made was the Deluxe one, which I passed on because it looked Like Crap. I really wish I would have picked some of those Palp. Bust-Ups Though. Those hood are Great for customs. And they were being Clearenced for $1.50 at SunCoast.

PROTARR THE GLADIATOR> Very inventive Custom. I picked Up that Same LOTR Figure w/ the Intent on Creating some Sort of Wookie in Armor Custom.

Sorry to here you got Screwed by that Ebay Jerk. I always Ship Via UPS to my Customers. Its  a little Exspensive but if the Package is Lost and you Provide Proof of Value they Pay you back for it. They also Provide a Traking Number you can Follow online. One of the first Customs I Sold was Lost Durring shippment.I thought my Ebay Business was going to be Wrecked from the Start.  I provided my Customer w/ all The Tracking info. and offered to give her a Full Refund if the Package was not Located by UPS. After a Couple of weeks and Still no Delivery and no Idea where UPS Lost the Package, I Refunded her the Full Amount. She Left me Positive Feedback for the Transaction Plus Bought 4 More of my Customs. And UPS Cut me a Check for The amount of the Original Sale. Have you Tried Disputing it through Paypal?

Good Luck Chewie, I hope you get Your Money Back.   
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 16, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Thanks, hopefully that ebay will get things straightened out for me soon.

Ok, here's what I did today.  I planned on working on photonovels but instead made a vehicle. 

AT-TS (All-Terrain Tactical-Scout)

Made from a vintage mini-rig, the AT-RT legs and other small parts added, mainly to widen the leg stance.  And repainted.

And HAPPY EASTER!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - EASTER UPDATE! :)
« Reply #2123 on: April 16, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Very nice! The paint job is really what makes this!

I have a few of those mini-rigs myself and have been planning to do this as well...now I know who to send it to for painting!  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #2124 on: April 16, 2006, 03:52 AM »
Damn Chewie that is sweet I'm really impressed with the way the paint apps turned out looks great well done.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Chewie - GREAT vehicle.  The painting on this is awesome!  Can you provide details on the way you achieved the paint effects.  I'm sure its a series of washes but I'm still curious.  Is this vehicle going to show up in the Rykrof series soon?  It seems mis-matched when shown with the troopers you have.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 16, 2006, 06:47 PM »
AT-TS- Like how you used a Vintage Minirig for the head. The paintjob looks fantastic, and the Scout Trooper Commander is cool also. 5/5

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2127 on: April 16, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Nice job CHEWIE!  Ever since I saw psychoclonetrooper's version (I think it was him), I've been wanting to make one.  Your version looks absolutely perfect.  The construction looks absolutely "factory" (i.e. seamless integration of parts), and your paint apps are un-freaking-believable.  I've been trying to figure out how you were able to get that weathering to look that perfect, but I'm at a loss.  You truly are the Master of the Drybrush.
Great update!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 17, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Thanks guys, yeah this idea was based of off Psychoclone's version.  Mine doesn't have as many added details to it like his does, and the legs don't move.  I had thought I had a technique that would make the legs move, but in the end I had to go with a fixed position.  That's ok though for me at least.

On the painting, all I did was prime it 4 coats of dark gray, then let it dry.  After that I used a lighter gray color to paint a few of the panels for some contrast.  After that dried, I touched up a bit with the dark gray.  Finally it dried, then I did a dry brush over the whole thing with the lighter color of gray.  All using the cheap 87 cent acrylic paint at Walmart and sealing with matte acrylic spray.   If I get the balls to do it I might make some sort of larger fan fic walker sometime soon too, but I really need to get back to the photonovel series for a while.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #2129 on: April 17, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Chew, that thing is beautiful!!  As i was painting commandos this weekend, i kept thinking about your figures.
I was trying to get that drybrush "highlight" thing down on my weapons.
You are a master at it. Great update as usual.