Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474889 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - EASTER UPDATE! :)
« Reply #2130 on: April 17, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Thanks Glassman, that means a lot coming from someone like you.   :)

Also I can't wait to get some of those original photonovels redone, within 2-3 weeks there should be at least two of them ready and up.  Here's a poster for the original "re-do" -

:)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 17, 2006, 04:46 PM »
I know I saw this earlier, but I think I just forgot to comment because I was overwhelmed by sweet customs yesterday. Yes! Minirigs are awesome, and I really want to do something like this in the future. Your use of the AT-RT (right?) legs are great, and it's a perfect fit. It really looks like some sort of early predecessor of the AT-ST. The paint job makes it look like a new addition to the war effort, with just enough wear to make it look like it's been used. And of course IT'S A VEHICLE. Custom vehicles rock. Good job, Chewie.
-Matthew H.

Offline psyclonetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #2132 on: April 17, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Great job!  Looks awesome in that setting.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Now how come I couldn't get that AT-TS in my easter basket last sunday!Mini rigs make for some great custom good. This is the way those one man walkers should have looked in the movie. Much more mean looking than the bike looking things they ride in the movie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 19, 2006, 01:51 AM »
Thank you for the nice words everyone on the walker.  It's a fun little custom vehicle for a diorama, kind of opens up the imagination of what could have appeared in the films but didn't.

I am going to be concentrating on photonovel updates for a while now, after a few more customs, here is the first one.

QUI GON JINN

head - EPI Cinema Scene Qui Gon Jinn
torso/arms - SAGA2 Sora Bulq
hands - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
legs - ROTS Kit Fisto

Not a complex custom but one I've been wanting to do for a while as my older versions of him suck that I've made.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 01:53 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 4.19.06
« Reply #2135 on: April 19, 2006, 10:15 AM »
oh, this SOOOO needed to be done!  Good job chewie!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #2136 on: April 19, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Chewie,

I love this Qui-Gon.  Since Hasbro seems to be avoiding any SA prequel characters like the plague, it seems like we have to take matters into our own hands.  I never would have thought of the RFT hands to go with this recipe, but they work well.  How accurate are Kit Fisto's boots compared to Qui -Gon's costume?  Regardless of whether they are accurate, they look nice.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 19, 2006, 02:48 PM »
I really like that Qui-gon and I agree that it's about time someone pulled it off. Very nice work!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
chewie this is really sweet.  i thought of this too but with pilot obi arms, and i wasn't sure which legs or head to use.  he looks simply fantastic though.  could you find a small guitar or photo shop one in on that picture on the left just for laughs. ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 19, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Man Chewie you update so fast I cant keep up. You've done like 20 customs since yesterday. :P

That AT-ST is sweet. Im really liking this vehicle sweep you've been on. They have all looked spectacular.

I like the Qui gon, That Bulq body really works for him. I may have to peruse this idea myself. I made a Qui-Gon out of a Pilot Obi-Wan a while back, but I never really was satasfied with it. He actually looks as tall as he's supposed to be.

Im not sure if I commented on the Gladiator or not, BUt I like this one too. The gran head really looks killer on the Frodo body.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:44 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2140 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Qui Gon looks really nice. On the ebay thing,man, I feel realy bad for you. I know that you must be really angry after you telling us a while back that you were short on cash. My uncle got screwed over on ebay before. It's really a shame. On a lighter note, are you still going to post RE #22? You left us on the edge of our seatss wanting to know what's going to happen to Rykrof. Just curious.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 19, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Well good news, I got the ebay lot!!!  Thank the Maker.   :D

On the Qui Gon, I don't know how accurate the boots are but I think for me they are close enough. I'm sure they are different than from the movie.

Thanks for the kind words on the customs guys, and don't worry there are many more Rykrof stories on the way, including some redos of the originals and all new ones.  Just very time consuming, that's all.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 19, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Great Work as Allways Chewie!

Imperial Walker> This is a Great Design. The Weathering is Top Notch as is Most of Your Weathering. I'd Love to Try This one For Myself. My Imperials Could Use Some New Armor. Time to Star Hunting Ebay for that Mini-Rig.

SA Qui Gon> Perfection, Why Hasbro has Failed to Make a SA Version of This Pivital Character is Beyond Me. One Suggestion, Maybe Give him An Alternate (Swapable),  Neutral Head in Addition to The Screaming Head, Like they Do w/ So Many of the Japanese Figures.

New Rykroff Banner> Looks Great Can't Wait to see What You do w/ The Special Addition.

Keep Up the Great Work.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 19, 2006, 10:58 PM »
I'm digging the Qui-Gon. The RFT hands look very nice on him. :)

More!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 20, 2006, 12:05 AM »
Yeah on the Qui Gon I am looking in my fodder the last two nights trying to find a second head... no luck yet.

I keep saying it, but I'm going to have to slow down on customizing some... so much going on and I need to get my tail in gear on the photonovels... I'm falling behind my schedule.   :-\