Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475678 times)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 4.28.06
« Reply #2175 on: April 28, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Chewie,  Your vehicle customs are just as impressive as your figure customs.  The AC-AC looks great and I like how you coverted the Joe vehicle into something that fits really nicely in the SW universe.  What did you use for the aft section of the AC-AC in the place where the raisable turrent use to be??
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 28, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Thanks guys.  This one isn't too elaborate or anything, but I thought it might be one of those vehicles that can work well for Star Wars.  I just felt like I needed it for a photonovel which is why I bought/customized it.

On the back portion, I removed the panels on the sides that are on the hinges, and glued the actual turret in place.  It just didnt' look right to me when it was extended, and I kind of see the back turret as a missle launcher.  Not a vehicle you'd see engaging in a lot of battles, perhaps more of a recon vehicle for patrols and light combat missions, or can be used to fire missles from a distance at the enemy.

:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 30, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Ok!  New Update!  I had some time last night to work on some figures.

RYKROF ENLOE

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
helmet - SAGA2 Commander Cody
body - ROTS Evolutions AOTC Clone Trooper

JEDI MASTER DOOKU

head - ROTS Count Dooku
torso - ROTS Kit Fisto
legs - ROTS Count Dooku
hands - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper

IMPERIAL FIRE TROOPER

head - SAGA2 Snowtrooper
body - SAGA2 Firespeeder Pilot

PHILES GANNOR

head - BBI figure
torso - ROTS Count Dooku
arms - ROTS Count Dooku
gloves - SAGA2 Firespeeder Pilot
legs - ROTS Kit Fisto

GENERAL SNODD

head - ROTS Nemoidian Commander
helmet - POTF2 Death Star Trooper
torso - ROTS Nemoidian Commander
arms - SAGA Djas Puhr
hands - ROTS Nemoidian Commander
skirt - SAGA2 General Veers
legs - ROTS Evolutions Count Dooku

Hope you guys like them, and I need to get back to more photonovel work now!   ;)

:)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #2178 on: April 30, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Huraah a CHEWIE update:

Rykrof ]version 9999999: Hmm I like him with the helmet. But with out it it looks really funky like he grew another chin. I like how you incorporated a scorch pack into him, very nice.

JM Dooku: awesome, one of the best I've seen. Great parts choice.

Fire troop: I dunno if hes a flame thrower trooper or if hes a fire fighter. Either way hes cool. I like the Snowtroop head on him. Hss maks needs a few touch ups, and I think his body suit could use a CHEWIE drybrush.

Philes: Good generic figure. Didn't we see him on dathomir?

Nemoidian: Very cool. many times we see nemoidians as being cowards, but here we see a battle hardened commander. maybe change his waepon but thats all

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2179 on: April 30, 2006, 07:22 PM »
GENERAL SNODD ROCKS MY WORLD!

I'd comment more on him & the rest (they're all quite good), but I'm on my way out the door and just HAD to comment on Snodd!

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #2180 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59 PM »
They all look good, even if I do not understand the inpirations.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 30, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Love the 501st Rykrof, I'll comment later.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 30, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Great Update Chewie!

AC-AC (All Climate Armored Crawler)> Geat Design, Nice Paint Aps., It just Seems to Lack that Star Wars Feel to Me. Mabey if YOu Took the Tracks and Sled off and made it a Repulser Craft it'd work Better

RYKROF ENLOE> I like the use of the Cody Helmet,  I'm Suprised That It fit over Rykrof's head. Good Use of the Scorch Pack Although, I do Think the Snow Trooper Pack Looked Better. Paint Aps. are Perfect as Always.

JEDI MASTER DOOKU> Good Clean Custom. I've Seen This Custom Poping Up a lot Recently. Was he Featured as a Jedi Master in a Recent book or Comic?

IMPERIAL FIRE TROOPER> I'm Assuming this is An Imperial Version of the Coruscant Fire Fighters from Episode Three, as he does not look Fit for Combat. I think the Snow Trooper Head Works Perfectly W/ This Body. Nice Clean Paint Aps. Of Course.

PHILES GANNOR> Another Nice Clean Custom. Is He for the Rykrof, Special Eddition Episodes or One of the New Ones?

GENERAL SNODD> This is the Real Gem of the Bunch. I'm really Looknig Forward to More Episodes with Genral Snod in them. He is one of My favorive Original Characters from the Rykrof Series. He Looks Much More Menacing wearing the Uper Torso Armor. Great Parts Choices on This One. Djas Puhr's Arms Meld Perfectly w/ that Torso. I can't wait to See Snod in action again.

Keep Up the Great Work Chewie!

Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 30, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Great update, Chewie.

AC-AC: Great paint apps, but like Fritz, I'm feeling it lacks a certain SW element, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I don't think it blends into the SW Universe as smoothly as some of your other tanks did. Still, it looks great.

Rykrof: Another great armor for Rykrof, the Cody helmet looks surprisingly good in blue. Rykrof's got as many different armors as Iron Man. When do we get to see Hulkbuster Rykrof?  ;D

Jedi Master Dooku: A familiar looking recipe.  :P Very nice execution, I especially love the lightsaber effect, it loos awesome in blue. Something about Dooku's saber always appealed to me, I wish they'd do a Force FX version that I could add to my collection.

Imperial Fire Trooper: Does this guy put out fires, or start 'em, ala Fahrenheit 451? Great design, and the breath mask makes sense here. Can't wait to see these guys at work in the series.

Philes Gannor: I like this one a lot. This is a custom that could fir in a lot of places in the PN...he has an almost aristocratic look to him. Love the gloves.

General Snodd: Not my favorite character, but this awesome custom makes me like him just a little bit more. This is my favorite of the bunch...the melding of the Djas arms with the Neimoidian Commander torso is seamless. The Veers and EVO Dooku parts are incredible as well.

All in all, a great update! Pat yourself on the back, Chewie!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phoenix

• Youngling
  • I'm a photonovelist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 1, 2006, 03:19 AM »
I'm back to comment a few masterpieces from CHEWIE. Let's start, then!

AC-AC: Wow! Vechile customs are often impressive, but this...most impressive. I think that there's something non-SW-ish at the front panel, but that's nothing.

Rykrof Enloe: Waaah! You killed Cody! Well, just kidding. Rykrof looks good in any clone armor, I tell you. ;)

Jedi Master Dooku: My favorite of these new customs. Dooku looks really great and I think that he's perfect. Nothing more I can say. ^^

Imperial Fire Trooper: I certainly would not want to meet this guy on a dark alley...he looks mean. But as some people have said, he could use a CHEWIE drybrush. ;)

Philes Gannor: Simple but effective custom. That's a good combination of parts. :D

General Snodd: Nice to see him getting an armor. If good ol' Hasblow would ever make figures like this (and ship them to Europe!), I would buy them.
Those Djas arms match very well with the original Neimoidian Commander.

Now, all we want is RE #1's Special Special Edition relased...;)
This space intentionally left blank.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: May 1, 2006, 06:44 AM »
I really like Philes Ganor and General Snodd. That BBi head is very familiar being that I used that head for like 7 customs.

Rykrof looks pretty good too except the armor and helmet white are different colors..Cody's is more brilliant and the armor is dull. Still a pretty cool custom there.

Master Dooku- I really like the Kit First torso and the Dooku legs and how they just blend in together. The head looks pretty good too. Is the saber blue normally?

AC-AC- Seeing this resurgence of vehicles has really got me wanting to do some too. I really like the snow vehicle and the treads.

Imperial Firetrooper- the Snowtrooper head looks good on the Firespeeder body. Did you repaint the body at all?

Philes Ganor- probably my most favorite custom of the bunch. I really love that head. The gloves look very nice with the Dooku torso. The black shirt looks a little glossy. Is this a pre-established character in the series or is he new?

General Snodd- I really loved the first version of this character and this one is even better. The chest armor looks really nice in contrast with the Dooku legs and I can't wait to see this guy in action.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2006, 03:39 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 1, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Chewie - Great to see such a big update from you!  A lot of great looking figures here.

RYKROF ENLOE - nice mix of parts for this figure.  Is this the first Cody figure we've seen stripped apart to make something other than another Cody?  I've only seen him twice in the wild so far.  This isn't my favorite Rykrof from you (Sound a little like an American Idol judge... "not my best song choice for you"  I also agree with Smarty in that his face looks a little fat.

JEDI MASTER DOOKU - My favorite of the bunch.  Very simple but effective.  I think the Kit Fisto body is so good you can use it for a lot of different Jedi.  This one looks great.  I've noticed that you use the Rebel Fleet trooper hands a lot.  You must have a ton of those :)

IMPERIAL FIRE TROOPER - My second favorite.  I can definitely see this figure.  Its a good mix of the two Saga figures.  I would suggest maybe changing the paint scheme of the jump suit a little but its not necessary

PHILES GANNOR - Not sure if we are supposed to know who this character is.  I'm sure he wil show up in a future Rykrof story.  I really like the way he turned out.  The Dooku body seems to be a very good "generic" frame to build around.

GENERAL SNODD - This one came out great!  The way the arms and torso match together its amazing they didn't come from the same figure.  Not sure I like that helmet on a Neimoidian but its still a good looking figure.

All in all - fantastic update.  Glad to see so many new customs from you!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 1, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Rykrof Enloe (501st Gear)- Love the use of the repainted Cody helmet. The blue lines on it are very crisp and clean. Reminds me of the 501st Captain from Purge. I like the weathering on the rifle too. 5/5

Jedi Dooku- The Kit body looks great, but I would suggest repainting the legs so that they match the robes more. 4/5

Imperial Fire Trooper- Like this one, the Snowtrooper mask looks really great on the Firespeeder Pilot body. I would suggest repainting the goggles of the mask a little more tan, so that it matches the uniform more. 4.5/5

Philes Gannor- Don't know who this character is, but he looks really great. 5/5

General Snodd- My most favorite next to 501st Rykrof. The Neimoidian Warrior armor and the DSTrooper helmet look really great together. 5/5

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 1, 2006, 04:12 PM »
KNEEL BEFORE SNODD!!! :o

I actually like that one. I don't know what it is about him. ???

The jedi Dooku is my fave of the bunch. ( Next to Rylkroff that is) I've had one of these on the back burner for a while now. BUt tio tell you the truth, I dont know where the parts are anymore. Did you actually custom the saber too or is that photoshop?

Te firetrooper is a great concept too. The snow trooper head actually works with that body.

Excellent work as always Chewie. Keep em comin.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 1, 2006, 04:59 PM »
KNEEL BEFORE SNODD!!! :o

Ha!  That made me laugh.  Nice Superman reference.