Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475121 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated 5.24.06
« Reply #2295 on: May 28, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Update... although kind of a small one.

EVOLUTIONS STORMTROOPER

body - Evolutions Sandtrooper

I'm trying to increase my VOTC style Stormtrooper army and decided to experiment with some H2O satin white spray paint on an Evolutions Sandtrooper, and after being very patient with it (spray from a distance, let it dry, and repeat over and over), and then detailing the black parts of outfit with black paint, I now have another VOTC-esque Stormtrooper to add to my ranks.  It turned out better than I thought and blends in very well with VOTC Stormies.

Also, I got the second level of that Death Star Owen D. is making for me, and stacked them together.  Getting this is part of the reason I'm customizing some Evolutions Sandtroopers so they can be on the Death Star, and there are at least two more levels of this coming!

Pictures just don't do this justice.

:)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated 5.28.06
« Reply #2296 on: May 28, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Cool update with the Evo Stormies. It looks like a Hasbro product, the white is just flawless. The Death Star dio looks even better with figs in it, just awesome.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 28, 2006, 02:24 PM »
CHEWIE that spray paint job on the Evo sandtrooper worked great.  Looks wonderful.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 28, 2006, 02:25 PM »
AWESOME job on the evo troop. And the dio looks great with the way you set up the figures!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #2299 on: May 28, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Man chewie, thats a great repaint of the EVO trooper.  That spray paint worked really really well.  It would have been almost impossible to replicate how clean and smooth the white looks with brush on paint.  Nice Job!
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 28, 2006, 04:29 PM »
definetley a great job chewie. the paint on the stormtrooper is totaly smooth, it looks great!

the death star dio is very cool, definetley can't wait to see the whole thing. the way you have the figs set up in there definetley goes well!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #2301 on: May 28, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Wow, that dio is great.... now you need Owen to make you the falcon part like the attakus version.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 28, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Chewie - that repainted Stormtrooper looks great.  When I first looked at the pictures I thought that you may have reversed the "Before" and "After" shots. 

and that Death Star from Owen just kicks major a$$.  I've been blown away by his work and this just adds to it.  After playing around with a little bit of the dioramas.  I'm even more impressed than ever.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 29, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Wow!
Now thats some smooth looking paint Aps.

I've always liked the Evolution's Stormtrooper sculpt better then the VOTC's. I can't place my finger on it, but something about the VOTC Stormtrooper, has always looked a little off to me.

Anyhow, I really like the way this turned out. I think it's much more difficult to make a custom w/ clean paint Apts., than one that has battle damage or heavy weathering. There is not a lot of forgivness when it comes to making a clean custom. I think thats why I avoid these. Did you brush on the paint, or was it sprayed on? ( Sorry, I did'nt Read your full post before I replied)
H2o Satin Paint? Who makes that, and does it bond well to plastic w/out becomming tacky?

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:36 AM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2304 on: May 29, 2006, 07:20 AM »
i hope the next TSC sandtrooper will allow you to get more of theses cool painted troopers
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 29, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Very precie detailing you did their Chewie. It actually looks better than Hasbros. I can't see a thing that is out of place on it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 29, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Thanks guys.  The H2O spray paint is made by Krylon.  It's by far the best spray paint that I've seen.  I went ahead and painted another one too.  For me it's a great way to increase my Imperial VOTC-styled army.

And I know I always brag about Owen's work, but it's just so awesome and I'm fortunate that he is willing to make such outstanding diorama playsets.  Anyone ever interested in him making you one, you can always email him through his website.

And here's a pic of 10 of those Kashyyyk Scouts, still 10 more to do...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:09 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2307 on: May 29, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Quote from: CHEWIE link=topic=10694.msg230471#msg230471

Anyone ever interested in him making you one, you can always email him through his website.

LOL what are you a fuzzy walking Bill board????

Anyway the Kasshyk Clones look good(reason they arn't great is the helm is too small and not he same), the guy sure is lucky.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 5.29.06
« Reply #2308 on: May 29, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Smarty, I just get people all the time asking me what Owen charges for stuff, questions about his customs and what he can make, etc.  I just can't answer questions for him and it's a lot easier for someone to contact him directly.  I'll be happy to answer questions about the stuff he's made for me, but for potential items that someone wants, I can't do that.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 5.29.06
« Reply #2309 on: May 29, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Yeah i was just jokin with yah ;) although he never did answer a ? I had for him :-\