Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472223 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated 6.3.06
« Reply #2355 on: June 5, 2006, 01:29 AM »
I've been sick all day, and doubt I'll be able to go into work Monday, especially if I keep throwing up (gross, I know).   If I don't sleep all day maybe I'll be able to take a couple pics of some customs I did Saturday.

Until then, here's another preview pic... I know some of you don't like me doing remakes, but I think that the ANTI-JEDI remake will be one that most of you will like, I think it's shaping up quite nicely.

:)

« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 01:31 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated 6.5.06
« Reply #2356 on: June 5, 2006, 10:08 AM »
another cool pic, With the whole day home, i'm sure you'll
crank out 5 or more figures. ;D
get better buddy!

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 5, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Can't wait to see any customs you crank out. Try some Ginger Ale-I like Canada Dry- it'll settle your stomach.  ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2358 on: June 5, 2006, 10:24 PM »
CHEWIE - hope you feel better man!  Customizing is great for upset stomachs  ;)

I really like the "clean" Evo Sandtrooper - I think I'll have to try that.  With the new saga2 Sandtrooper coming out, my Evo Sandtroopers are obsolete!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 6, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Thanks guys, and I'm feeling somewhat better.  Gotta go into work tomorrow though, which I'm dreading. 

Ok, here's a few new ones.

TROFFAR THE TERRIBLE - If you read the photonovels, you've probably seen him.  He's a Gran terrorist associated with the Badoo Corba.

REBEL HEAVY WEAPONS TROOPER - Kind of like the guys in Battlefront I guess.

CLONE SAND TROOPER - I decided for whatever reason to make him clean.

I'm pretty tired so I'll post recipes tomorrow hopefully.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Tuesday 6.6.06
« Reply #2360 on: June 6, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Here are my opinions:

Troffar the terrible: He looks very cool, nice use of the Garindan torso/arms.

Rebel Heavy Weapons Trooper: He looks pretty nice, but the Scorch weapon doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the figure. Oh, and that's neat how you used Scorch's side-pack as a backpack. Creative, very creative.

Clone Sand Trooper: Dirty him up. He doesn't look at up like any type of sandtrooper unless he is dirtied up. That's my only suggestion--other than that, he looks cool.

P.S. not trying to make this thread go off-topic, but the current title of this thread makes me shiver....
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2361 on: June 6, 2006, 12:19 AM »
I really like the Clone Sandtrooper.  I'm sure everybody is sick of hearing it, but I love "clean" troopers - it really shows more of the details and it is a lot harder to do.  This guy looks awesome, I love the way that you made parts of his armor black.  Does he have the sandtrooper backpack?

Trofarr looks badass as always.   8).  I'll wait for your recipe before I ask other questions  ;)

Battlefront Rebel - looks cool, but I don't really like the Scorch gun (I just don't like the design itself, it looks too awkward).  I think that if you gave him a different gun he would look a lot better. 

Have you seen the new BBi WW2 figures?  They look 100x better than the 21st Century Toys figures and they have better articulation as well. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 6, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Chewie - good update buddy.

TROFFAR THE TERRIBLE - very good update on this figure.  I love the new Garindan body - he's good for many purposes.

REBEL HEAVY WEAPONS TROOPER - good concept; however, there a couple of things that make this one seem "off".  First up, it looks like the head may be a bit too small (or maybe the overcoat is just too big.  He looks like he has a big burly chest and a smallish head.  Second, I agree with Greg, I don't think the Gun seems to match with him.  A gun that heavy looking needs too handles.

Sandtrooper - I think he looks great.  Its a very nice looking mix of parts.  Its interesting seeing a figure from you without a bunch of drybrushing!

BTW, I didn't comment on the updated preview pics.  I love all the new shots.  I think going back to reshoot these is absolutely the right thing to do.  I've already thought about going back to reshoot some of mine and they are only a few months old :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2363 on: June 6, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Troffar the terrible: I like him he looks like a good criminal/terrorist for the badoo corba, someone who is in and out and takes a bunch of guys with him. What did you use for the legs?

The Rebel: Did you use battle of the bulge BBI figures? I can tell its WW2, but it looks good, and it fits in with the SW universe. IMPis were inspired by the nazis so Rebels were the allied forces i guess.

Sand trooper, how can he be a sand trooper with out sand on him????? other than that he is a great figure, nice use of parts.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 6, 2006, 11:59 AM »

Sand trooper, how can he be a sand trooper with out sand on him????? other than that he is a great figure, nice use of parts.

He's a sand trooper right after coming of the the land speeder wash at the gas station.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 6, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys, and here's recipes.

TROFFAR THE TERRIBLE

head - ROTS Ask Aak
torso/arms - SAGA Garindan
legs - Evolutions Darth Maul
jacket - GI JOE figure

REBEL HEAVY WEAPONS TROOPER

head - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
torso/legs - 21st Century figure
arms - POTF2 Endor Rebel
gloves - SAGA Endor Rebel
boots - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper

CLONE SAND TROOPER

head - ROTS AT-RT driver
body - ROTS Commander Bly
pauldron - SAGA2 Sandtrooper

On the Rebel Trooper, I used the Scorch gun because I thought it looks kind of like a missle launcher, I could see this guy shooting at AT-ST's, running around in the woods.

For the Clone Sandtrooper, he's just clean because he hasn't walked off of his drop ship yet.  I wanted to make a clean version to see how it turned out, but I'll probably add a bit of weathering to him soon.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 6, 2006, 02:20 PM »

For the Clone Sandtrooper, he's just clean because he hasn't walked off of his drop ship yet.  I wanted to make a clean version to see how it turned out, but I'll probably add a bit of weathering to him soon.

Ah, who are you fooling, you left him clean because you love that H20 White Spray paint  ;)  It does look slick!

Offline spec_spidey

• Youngling
  • I have a library card! Does that make me Yoda?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 6, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Chewie ~ Excellent customs as always! I do have a question for you though. On the Heavy Weapons Rebel, how did you get the Star Wars arms to fit into the XD torso. All the XD figures I have tried to use the torso or legs from have incompatible joints. For example, Star Wars legs have the peg. XD legs have the hole. Star Wars arms have large pegs. XD arms have small pegs meant to be removed to replace with the posed arms. Any help would be appreciated since I really want to use my 7 Endor Rebel torsos with XD Marine arms and legs.
The Force is strong in this one,... too bad his action figure sucks.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2368 on: June 6, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Chewie Those legs on tofar are they really Evo Mauls, How many Evo sets did you get, that has to be the 3rd or 4th custom I've seen you do with Maul legs. ???

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 6, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Chewie Those legs on tofar are they really Evo Mauls, How many Evo sets did you get, that has to be the 3rd or 4th custom I've seen you do with Maul legs. ???

Star Wars Collecting Rules:

#1  Collect to Collect

#2  Never ask another collector a question you don't want to know the answer to  ;)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda