Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475374 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Thursday 6.8.06
« Reply #2400 on: June 9, 2006, 09:56 PM »
Oh yeah, this version -

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: June 9, 2006, 10:31 PM »
I don't know why, but it suddenly struck me as how cool it is that Chewie has created such a diverse character from a simple head.  The endor rebel soldier is so lifeless but as Rykrof there is just a twinkle in his eyes. 

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2402 on: June 9, 2006, 10:37 PM »
He's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o LOL I like the latest batch Chewie.
The Rykrofin Cody gear is not my favorite, I like his gung ho gear better.
The Rorron Corrob looks great that new sculpt is incredible, I need to get one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Sunday 6.11.06
« Reply #2403 on: June 11, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  Here's a few more.

DRAB FEEST - This guy is just a background diorama filler, pay him no mind.

head - SAGA Djas Puhr
torso - EU Luke Skywalker
arms - POTF2 Jedi Luke Skywalker
legs - EU Luke Skywalker
hands - SAGA Djas Puhr

CHEEDO - A Rodian, look for him to show up in the RE series.

head - Commtech Greedo
torso - SAGA2 HAmmerhead
arms - Commtech Greedo
legs - SAGA2 Garindan

BORACCA - Remember this guy from the early chaptes in the Rykrof Enloe series?  Since I'm going back and redoing so many of them, it seemed fitting to make a better version of him.  I'm especially happy with the painting of his eyes and face.

head - POTJ Mechanic Chewbacca
rest - ROTS Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2404 on: June 11, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Wow great update Justin.

Drab feest
Nice use of POTF2 parts  ;D the dry brushing shows that the scultps weren't really really bad as we alll think.

That is a great Idea to use the New Moma Nadon body for a beggar type  person, It fits the character perfectly.

Wow that is one big wookie, his head makes him alot taller than the Sneak preview head on that body. The black highlights in the fur look really good, and the painting of the head really lets it stand out.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #2405 on: June 11, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Hooray!  More CHEWIE customs!  So good to see the server's working, too.

Your background aliens are, as always, fantastic.  As is your non-background stuff, of course!  Boracca looks very impressive with teh Wookiee Warrior bodie -- only thing is, he looks a little bare at present.  Are you going to give him any gear -- bandoliers, weapons, etc. ?  In any case, great job painting his head and body to match (while keeping the texture of the fur).  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 11, 2006, 11:54 AM »
Love the wookie!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: June 11, 2006, 12:09 PM »
I can't believe you wasted a cool "Dark Empire Luke" body on "Background filler"!!!  I love the ribbed shirt torso!  Damn you!

The Rodian is AWESOME.  That new hammerhead body looks terrific, I haven't seen the Tatooine wave yet, alas.

Borocca.  Nice to see him again.  Too bad he won't be too long for this world.  His head looks just SLIGHTLY on the small side for his massive body.  But still great work all around!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #2408 on: June 11, 2006, 12:44 PM »
I see the dreaded red X.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: June 11, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Hey Justin,

Almost all of the pictures aren't working for me. It could just be that the servers are busy or something but the Photonovels were the same when I went back to check on everything I missed (which is a good amount)

But I can see the last few things you've done, and I must say I'm impressed as always. I really like that Rykrof.

Guess I'll have to pop by later to try and see it all.

I've been kept busy with College work, and now Summer class, combined with lots of sleep, but really no excuses to have not stopped by here, for it's been way too long. I always have Kevvo telling me to come back too. hehe.

I haven't done any customs in forever, But have soem ideas in the works, I just need more materials. I plan to be going with the SW Miniatures still over Hasbros figures.

And something I've been meaning to do is write up a list of all the extra parts and figures I plan to get rid of. I have a good amount that I'm sure some customizers will really want.

but for now, I must go and make some Lunch or Dinner or whatever time it is...

- Andy

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #2410 on: June 11, 2006, 03:22 PM »
CHEWIE -

While all three updates are great, Cheedo is, in my opinion, among your finest background aliens. I hope "showing up" in R.E. means he'll be doing something, b/c he is so well done. I love the way you've painted the fleshtones, and the use of the new HH torso and Gar. legs is a genius combo of parts.

Nice work.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: June 11, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Whew I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Chewie your a machine. I can't believe how fast you crank these Customs out. Let me get started by thanking you for the Yakface Article, I really appreciate the recognition. Thanks Buddy.

Now on with the Critiques.

TROFFAR THE TERRIBLE> I like the Body, the Parts look Great together. and fit the Gran Parts very well. I'm just kind of attatched to the look of the Original Troffar in his Medeivel Armor, he looke dso menacing. This would be a Great Custom in my book if it was some other Gran other than Troffar.

REBEL HEAVY WEAPONS TROOPER> I love the Parts Choices on this Figure, they work well together. The Only thing I would Change, is Sand off those Buttons. For some reason I just don't see many buttons in the star Wars Universe, and they always seem a little odd to me on star Wars Customs. And mabey give him some kind of Big @$$ Bazooka.

CLONE SAND TROOPER> A good Sold Clone Custom, just needs some of that awsome Chewie wheathering to make it perfect.

RORON COROBB> Nice choice of parts. They work well together. The Pants do need to be painted not to match the tunic but to reduce the shine. They are also a little to tathered for Jedi Trousers Mabey you could smooth them out w/ a little sculpy or tather his Cloak to mach and make him more battle worn.

RYKROF ENLOE> I like the way that Bandolier looks on a Clone. I'm having a hard time accepting any Custom using the Cody Helmet as anything other than a repainted Cody. It just has too unique a look to convince me other wise. Kind of Like putting a Vader helmet on another Body and repainting it and calling it something other than a Vader Custom. It just does'nt work in my mind for some reason, mabey if you mod it a little. How about attaching some Mico Binoculiars?

DRAB FEEST> Good Solid Back Ground Custom, and pefect for it.

CHEEDO> This is the Gem of the Lot for me. I find it visually very interesting. This guys got a Story. You can tell that just by looking at him. This is the kind of Custo that makes me want to know, what's his backstory? Very nice Job.

BORACCA> Have some Decency put a Bandolier on that Wookie :-[. Just Kiddin. Great Job. The Paint Aps look Great. I wish I had the Fodder, I'd have to copy your recipe to diversify my wookie Army.

Great Work Chewie! Do me a Favor though, slow down. It's hard work keepin Up with you.
 ;D

Fritzkrieg

Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: June 11, 2006, 04:17 PM »
BORACCA, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I still wasn't over his death in the series, Chewie...why must you pour salt in old wounds?!  :P

DRAB FEEST: I think the EU body works great...this guy is so interesting, he at least deserves a line in the series, even if it's just giving Rykrof directions to the can. The ribbed shirt looks really good, and sets him apart from so many other background aliens. The color choices are perfect, and the drybrushing, as always, is spot-on.

CHEEDO: My favorite. You are really working those Momaw and Garindon parts...I can't blame you, they're great fodder. Cheedo looks great, just a perfect example of a fringer in the SW Universe. I have to make one of these now, but I want you to paint it.  ;) Hint, hint.

BORACCA: Looks good, I like how massive he is! Sniff...he lived his life like a candle in the wind...sob...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: June 11, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Thanks everyone, I appreciate that feedback and am happy to hear from some of you that I haven't seen around here a lot lately.

Smartypants1635  - Thanks, and yeah that figure does seem to look ok with POTF2 parts, I was just going through some fodder when I decided to make another of Djas Puhr species.

findswoman - Thanks and I'm glad the server seems to be back up for now.  I agree, maybe Boracca needs something extra.  At least a pouch/bandolier maybe, I haven't figured that out yet.

Roton7 - Yeah, Wookiees are always fun to work on...

Quazar - Actually I butchered that Luke at least 5 years ago and am just now using it... the Rodian I like too, and was glad to get an extra of each figure in the Tatooine wave for customs... the revamped Roron Corobb I made recently left me with some parts...

Clone Hunter - Damn!  I'm sorry... I don't know why the pics aren't showing for you.

Dimetrodon - So good to hear from you buddy... you and Lando and Gatillo were the first guys I met online in this crazy hobby... what was that, 8 years ago??   It's great to hear from you, and I hope you find some time to update your customs, I always like seeing your work, and hearing from you.  A lot of my customs should be working here -

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/cook/default.asp

In Rem - I like Cheedo too... what a goofy name I gave him.  I would like to have him have a big role maybe, but I probably should have given him more articulation then.... don't know what to do about that yet.

Fritz - Thanks for all that feedback... good thinking on the Troffar... maybe I need to modify this new custom some more.  Excellent comparison.  And no problem on the Yakface article, I thought people should see that custom.  I'd like to show more from everyone, but I don't want to overdo it!

DD - That's nice of you on Drab Feest, I like the ribbed shirt too, maybe he'll get a line in the series.  And I do like Cheedo too... I wish I could find more of those Tatooine figures... they're awesome for what they are, as well as customs.  Poor Boracca, he leads a sad life in the series... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (I can still remember a couple people saying that when he died). 

Thanks guys!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: June 11, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Wow yeah, it had to have been about 7 or 8 years now. haha

This one is probably one of the simplest you've done, but I think it is fantastic. Very very cool indeed, as are all the others.