Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474307 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - Updated Thursday 6.15.06
« Reply #2445 on: June 18, 2006, 02:49 AM »
Thanks guys.  Also, I am taking a break from customizing for a while.  If you want to see my updates for what could be a significant amount of time, head on over to the Photonovel Section. 

You'll find many new/recent customs in the Rykrof Enloe series redo's that I have been working on and other new ones in preview pics as well.  I think I'm going to be saving a lot of them for the actual photonovels before individual pics of them. 

My priority and passion is the photonovel, and I work 10X harder on those than any time you see me have a weekly update with 4-5 new customs.  It's where my heart is right now.

Thanks!

Justin

:)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:55 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - on hiatus
« Reply #2446 on: June 18, 2006, 03:31 PM »
I start again, and you stop. It's a cycle.  ::)

I'm going out for Fathers Day, but I'll be sure to read 'em all later

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 18, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Very Cool Stormclone there Chewie. I had a similar Custom in mind for my Photo Novel (If I ever get around to finishing the first chapter). It'll basicly be a Clone who refuses to give up the Higher Quality protection offerd by his Phase II Armor for the Inferior Quality Stormtrooper Armor. 

To bad your going to be on a customizing hyatus for a while I'll miss the updates.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 18, 2006, 11:11 PM »
Very Cool Stormclone there Chewie. I had a similar Custom in mind for my Photo Novel (If I ever get around to finishing the first chapter). It'll basicly be a Clone who refuses to give up the Higher Quality protection offerd by his Phase II Armor for the Inferior Quality Stormtrooper Armor. 

To bad your going to be on a customizing hyatus for a while I'll miss the updates.

Keep up the Great Work!

I find that finishing the first chapter is not as difficult as finishing the second.

We'll miss you CHEWIE! :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: June 19, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Dimetrodon - It's awesome to hear from you buddy.  Don't worry, I'm not done customizing, just taking a bit of a break.

Fritz - I will have an update in the next week or so at least for this month's customizing challenge.

Jediknight760071 - Thanks, and I'll still be around, just slowing down.

And thanks to all my pals here, and sorry I am slowing down on customs for a bit.  I just feel like I need a break from it.  I've gone at an insane pace the past 2 years and honestly don't think I've seen anyone have as many updates as I've had... I'm a bit burnt out, and am going to use my free time to get the old photonovels redone for www.yakface.com.  I hope you guys are taking the time to look at them when you have time, I've put in a lot of work on the remakes...

I promise to have an all new chapter in the series up before too long too, where a major character in the series will die.

For those that have steered clear of the remakes, here's a preview... #1, #2 and #3 are up in the photonovel section now and #4 will be soon.  There have been some changes in the storyline (pretty minor actually) but #4 will have more changes than the previous three.  Here's the previews.

Chapter 1 - Crisis on Abridon

Chapter 2 - Underground Resistance

Chapter 3 - Anti Jedi

Chapter 4 - Slaughter on Munist

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS
« Reply #2450 on: June 19, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Chewie,

Making customs should only be a means of getting more characters for your photonovels.

Simply making customs for customs' sake?  Why bother?  What a waste of time when you could be making new stories.  :)

As long as you keep cranking out the senators, terrorists, criminals and, of course, countless variations on Ryrkrof and his buddies (but only on an as-needed basis), then you'll make everyone here very, very happy.  :)
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 20, 2006, 01:12 AM »
Ha Ha, thanks Lance.  I'll still be making my Imperial/Slave this month and really want to do the group project Jango Fett. 

And I have to complete that Kashyyyk Scout project for another collector, I feel bad for being behind on that.  Then a friend is wanting me to do some commissions for him too, but I might just sell him stuff that is already made.  The customs workload just never seems to let up!   :-\

But I'll make more customs as needed for the photonovel series for a while, just cutting back on the heavy custom updates.  Still might have a surprise custom here and there. 

It's like a second job at times so I need to slow down.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 21, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Don't see customs as a 'workload' CHEWIE, think of them as a challenge...

The last thing I want to see is you burning yourself out and pulling out of the hobby...your work (as well as others) really got me into customizing.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 22, 2006, 04:10 AM »
Oh, I'm not gonna pull out.  Just with working so much and always being tired, working on Yakface, and some commissions, it's hard to keep up at the pace I've been on.  I'm wanting to get the photonovels back on track so that's my hobby priority right now.

Also for the Group Project Star Wars World, here's an idea of a world I created, it was good photonovel practice.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Chewie, can't wait to see more of these -- I've been enjoying the "special edition" Rykrof installments that you've put up so far.  Is there (or is there going to be) a single website where all of these special editions are going to be posted together? 

Keep up the wonderful work -- you really set the standard for these.  And by all means, don't wear yourself out!  Your talent is precious to us.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Thank you so much Findswoman.  I am glad to hear you have been keeping up with them.  Yes, they are all being consolidated in one place for easy access - here is a link.

http://www.yakface.com/?file=toyguide/dioramas/chewie/index.htm

Thanks for asking Findswoman, I added that to my signature.   ;)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:45 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Great!  Thanks a bunch, Chewie.  This makes it very convenient!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
No problem, I like having everything like that.  It does seem a lot easier.

And, for the first time in a while I got to work on some customs today (a lot actually!) so either pics late tonight or tomorrow. 

There are a couple though that are for photonovels and I'll probably wait to show those when their appearance shows up in a photonovel.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
YAAAAY! :P
Can't wait to see 'em.  Can't wait for the new photonovel either.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Your photonovels continue to amaze me to no end.  The amount of effort you put into them is staggering, but I feel that you should continue too make characters for the PNs because your use of Parts,Paint, and the dremel without any sculpting is amazing.  You do very well with the "crappy" apple barell paints, they look like higher quality model paints in your hands.  Can't wait for the next Ultimate Edition.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes