Author Topic: DARKLORD'S Customs  (Read 22671 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD's Custom Action Figures (Part 3)
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Simply amazing!  Your creativity and techniques for working plastic and cloth are brilliant.

All of your customs are top notch.  Where can I buy them??

;D

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD's Custom Action Figures (Part 3)
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2005, 05:55 AM »
Hi Tallon_Karrde!!

Great to meet you!!   Thank you so very much for the kind words about my customs!!

Greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

Sadly, My figures are not for sale since I barely have time to make them for myself.

However, I always post full recipies and descriptions of all my customs so that ALL of my friends in the customizing community can create their own.  Believe me, with a little bit of practice and patience, they're really not too difficult to create. ;D

Very best of luck, and thanks again!!

Regards,

DARKLORD

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD'S Custom Action Figures (Part 4)
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2005, 05:57 AM »
Thanks so much!! 

And may I say what a pleasure it is to meet you Angry Ewok!

General Veers sends his warmest regards ;)

All my Best,

DARKLORD

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD'S Custom Action Figures (Part 7)
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Awesome work!  Can you post more pics of the Emporer?  I'd like to see whats under his hood. 
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD'S Custom Action Figures (Part 7)
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Hi Talon Karde

I promise to take some photos of un-hooded Emperor soon.  Basically, if you've ever seen the unhooded SAGA Throne Roon Emperor figure, that is all there is under there. Kudos to Hasbro for their awesome face sculpt!! ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD's Custom Action Figures (Part 5)
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2005, 12:21 PM »
Very nice customs!

I too, have not been impressed with the Yodas that have been released - I want something that looks exactly like his pose in ESB.  Nothing so far has even come close - except for your custom!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 12:22 PM by ruiner »

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DARKLORD's Latest!! A Princess / A Jedi Student
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2005, 05:28 AM »

Hi Gang!!

So many of the close friends that I’ve made here in the customizing forums have asked me when my next batch of customized Original Trilogy character action figures will be ready to be seen.

I’m happy to report that I have a small group of customs that are now less than a month away from being unveiled. In the meantime, I thought I’d share two customs that I completed earlier this week.

As always, I’ve posted my personal thoughts behind the making of these figures and the recipes necessary to create them. I hope you all like them.
Warmest Regards,

Roberto DARKLORD Williams
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 05:30 AM by DARKLORD »

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: DARKLORD's Latest!! A Princess / A Jedi Student
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2005, 05:31 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:56 PM by DARKLORD »

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2005, 05:32 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:51 PM by DARKLORD »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 05:48 AM »
Hoo-Rah! It is great to see your work again. :) I am in awe.  :o :o

Luke:

Great use of parts. I really like how you have been consitant on the heads you use. It is annoying to see a different head for Luke on every figure. They are never going to get him right so they might as well stick eith one head. ::) For a fairly simple custom this really looks great. I know you don't want a really muddy look but I think a little mud/sweat stains on the cothing could improve it.

Leia:

Again a fairly simple Custom, but it is very nicely done. The 25th Aniversary sets are really under-rated. I like your choice of head, with the Leia head sculpts we've seen I couldn't have picked a better one. I agree with the choice of no ball joint, for samller heads it does look kind of out of place. There is no way to get the post small enough and still have it be sturdy.

Misc:

I have said this before but your photography is amazing. It really helps show off these beauties. I also really like your Problem/Goal analysis, it really makes me feel like I don't put enough effort into describing my figures. :-X It is really great see your stuff again. Stick around, we love to have someone like you here in the JD customizing community. :) Oh BTW, did you ever finish your Bespin Han? :)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2005, 06:04 AM »
Wow! This is the first time I think I have seen your custom work. I am truely impressed.

The only thing that I see and Im sure its just me on the Leia is the color difference between the head and hands. There's really nothing you can do about that and Im sure Im just nit picking. So excuse me  :)

As for Luke it would be really cool if he had a soft goods jacket. Thats just me though. Otherwise he's a mindblower.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DARKLORD

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Howdy Sith Lord Chaos!!!

Always great to chat with you!!! Thanks a bunch as usual for the kind words aboout these two latest customs of mine.  They are so misleading in that they seem like simple, straight-forward conversions, but in fact were a bit challenging in their own way.

As for my Bespin Han, I'm surprised you have not come across the finished photo of him yet.  I wrapped him up AGES ago.

But here he is to say hi:

And thanks to you too Metal Jedi for your kind words.  You're absolutely correct about the color difference of skin tones when you mix and match body parts when doing customs.  I actually plan on replacing Leia's hands with another pair that match her face better. I've already got them all picked out. ;)

Warmest Regards,

Roberto DARKLORD WIlliams
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:57 PM by DARKLORD »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Darklord - amazing as always!  Your parts selection is always perfect!  I really wish hasbro would just copy your recipes and give us these ultimate versions of these figures!  I can't wait to see what else you have planned  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I hadn't seen an update to your work in months, so I'm really glad to see these.  I must say that I really think you are a top customizer.  That Leia figure is far greater than the VOTC version with that new head.  And the articulated arms on Luke are great, too.  I like how you go for consistency with all the figures you make.  I can't wait to see what else you have planned!
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I love your customs, Darklord. I saw these on RS and was amazed at these masterpieces. Every single one of your works are works of art!